Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:29 AM
    Liked 6,815 Times in 3,564 Posts

Premium Member

Default Mysterious bubble cloud sighting in China

Mysterious bubble cloud sighting in China

(CNN/CCTV) - Dozens of people spotted an unidentified, glowing object above Shanghai and Beijing at the same time.

The giant ball of light appeared Saturday night.

A pilot flying from Shanghai to Changchun was the first to post information about the colossal light online.

The pilot says the so-called "UFO" grew in size and ended up being about 100 times larger than the moon.

He said the sphere slowly faded as it hovered above Shanghai for nearly 20 minutes.

An expert from Shanghai UFO Research Center suspects the UFO could be the fragment of a satellite launched by Russia two days earlier.

...the fragment of a satellite launched by Russia

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:14 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

That is where the new VH cd is being pressed ssshhhhh its top secret.
    The "bubble" is really the force field Eddie created so nobody gets in or out until he says so.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Egg Foo Yong has that effect on me, too.

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:27 AM
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,348 Posts

that's the housing bubble

when it bursts that means that there's going to be some sweet real estate deals in Changchun!

why does the chinese language sound like someone dropping a box of silverware down the cellar stairs?

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

How Now Brown Sound
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 05:31 PM
    Liked 340 Times in 191 Posts

Aesthetics?

I knew Aliens were Asian.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by E-roc View Post
    Aesthetics?

I knew Aliens were Asian.
    I always got the impression that they were either Mexican or Eastern European!
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Last Online

Premium Member

I'm very serious about this subject. I'm just trying to open a dialog that helps explain this phenomenon. If you don't have something constructive to add... please stay away.

Really though, if that was a satellite fragment, does that mean that light from the sun was somehow reflecting off of it to cause the bubble?

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    I'm very serious about this subject. I'm just trying to open a dialog that helps explain this phenomenon. If you don't have something constructive to add... please stay away.

Really though, if that was a satellite fragment, does that mean that light from the sun was somehow reflecting off of it to cause the bubble?
    Joking aside (sorry about that), I would think it's more likely to be light reflected from a town or industrial area due to pollution/smog. The satellite reflection theory soesn't sound plausable to me. Obviously my theory doesn't account for the bubble effect, someone with more knowledge on the subject would have to chime in on that.

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    Joking aside (sorry about that), I would think it's more likely to be light reflected from a town or industrial area due to pollution/smog. The satellite reflection theory soesn't sound plausable to me. Obviously my theory doesn't account for the bubble effect, someone with more knowledge on the subject would have to chime in on that.
    Of course, I was only joking also.

Here is video of a bubble cloud over Hawaii... (time lapse over five minutes)

http://levelbeyond.com/2011/07/01/my...omment-page-1/

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Of course, I was only joking also.

Here is video of a bubble cloud over Hawaii... (time lapse over five minutes)

http://levelbeyond.com/2011/07/01/my...omment-page-1/
    Interesting but somehow familiar. To me it looks more like a shockwave from an explosion, could be trapped Methane gas erupting from underground, the light would be from the initial ignition and simply trapped within the shockwave. The shape is slightly different though, shame the clip isnt a little longer, it would show reflections of the shockwave. The other thing thats odd is the timeframe, usually an explosion is over in a few seconds...Interesting.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Interesting. Anyone figure it out yet???

It could very well be where the fabled VH album is being mixed. The Brown Sound could indeed create such a bubble phenom.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 179 Times in 57 Posts

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

=VH=
    Favorite VH Song

=VH=
    Last Online

07.05.12 @ 08:05 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Questions deep within your eyes...

Was looking into this story and found these...
    Crazy stuff... Make you wonder...

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

=VH=
    Favorite VH Song

=VH=
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You lay your sanity on the line...

Last edited by Magic W. Meanstreet; 08.27.11 at 04:13 PM.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

=VH=
    Favorite VH Song

=VH=
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Contact is all it takes...

This was seen over Hawaii back in June...

UFO, 'Star Gate' or just a ballistic missile? Mysterious bubble-like light burst seen over Hawaii

Footage of this incredible bubble-like burst of light in the night sky was captured by cameras at an astronomical observatory in Hawaii.

Sky watchers have been flooding internet forums with speculation about the burst, filmed by a webcam mounted on the Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope on Mauna Kea.

Captured in time-lapse footage, the glowing sphere takes several minutes to expand until it virtually fills the frame - then it vanishes as mysteriously as it appeared.

Theories as the cause of the mysterious luminous sphere have ranged from the opening of an inter-dimensional portal to the future to a battle between two alien starships.

But the most likely explanation is that is shows a U.S. Minuteman III inter-continental ballistic missile (ICBM), ejecting fuel as it enters the upper reaches of the Earth's atmosphere.

The time-lapse footage shows the night horizon filled with stars, when suddenly an ethereal arc pops into view.

It rapidly expands, forming a circular shell which grows as it travels across the horizon, then fades as it fills the view.

According to Discover Magazine's Bad Astronomy blog, the soap bubble-like characteristics of the light burst indicate that it has been caused by a 'sudden impulse of energy and rapid expansion of material'.

Citing online astronomy forums, Bad Astronomy reveals that a Minuteman III ICBM had been scheduled to launch from Vandenburg Air Force Base, California, three minutes before the burst was observed, at about 3:35am Hawaii time.

The stars of the Cassiopeia constellation are visible in the horizon behind the burst, indicating that the webcam was pointed north-east - towards the base and the missile's probable flight path.

Again citing internet forums, the blog speculates the burst could have caused by a charges in the missile's third stage detonating to kill its thrust as it arcs across the Earth.

At a pre-determined moment, ports in the side of this section of the missile are blown open by explosive charges, allowing remaining fuel to be dumped fast.

This rapid fuel dump cuts the missile's thrust at precisely the right time allowing the warhead to be targeted with devastating accuracy at the right spot back on the surface of the Earth.

As the missile is above most of the Earth's atmosphere at this point, when the fuel gas is suddenly ejected it blows away from the missile in a perfect sphere - which could explain the bubble-like characteristics of the light.
    For this explanation, the timing seems to be right. However, it is only a theory and there has not yet been any official confirmation of the claims.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2009761/Alien-battleship-Star-Gate-ICBM-Mysterious-bubble-like-light-burst-seen-Hawaii-internet-sky-watchers-puzzled.html#ixzz1WH8f1KP5