Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default WTF?! Scout leader fatally stabbed on Ind. hiking trip

Boy Scout leader slain; 1 arrested

BUNKER HILL, Ind.
    A Bunker Hill man is in custody after he is accused of stabbing and killing a Boy Scout leader from Kokomo on Sunday, according to an Indiana State Police report.

Shane C. Golitko, 22, of the 200 block of East Vine Street, was charged with the murder of Arthur L. Anderson, 76, on the Nickel Plate Trail near Bunker Hill, the report said.

Witnesses told police that they saw a white man, later identified as Golitko, walk up behind Anderson and allegedly stab him in the neck in an unprovoked attack, the report said. Anderson was bleeding profusely from his wound and died at the scene.

Golitko fled in a black Jeep Cherokee on Indiana 218 near U.S. 31, and led police on an 8-minute pursuit, reaching a speed of 50 mph, the report said. The pursuit ended at Indiana 218 and Miami County Road 300 East when officers used their squad cars to block the road.

Anderson, involved in Boy Scouting for 50 years and an assistant leader, was hiking the 5-mile trail from Bunker Hill to Bennetts Switch with another man and two boys from a Kokomo Boy Scout troop, the report said. The group had stopped on the trail to identify a tree when the attack happened. No one else in the group was injured.

Police said Golitko had allegedly battered his mother, Valerie Henson, 48, of Bunker Hill before the stabbing. She suffered a broken arm and escaped to a neighbor's home. She was treated and released at a hospital.

Golitko took a knife from the home and walked about 150 yards south to the trail, where police said he stabbed Anderson. Golitko then returned to his home, where he destroyed items and allegedly stabbed two dogs, killing one. He then left in the Jeep Cherokee belonging to his mother, the report said.

Golitko is being held without bail in the Miami County Jail, where he is also facing two felony counts of battery causing serious bodily injury and battery by bodily waste, the report said. He allegedly spat at officers during the intake process at the jail, the report said.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Hey, the Stabbing merit badge is not an easy one to get. Sometimes you have to do a little jail time.

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No need for a trial IMO.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    Hey, the Stabbing merit badge is not an easy one to get. Sometimes you have to do a little jail time.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:39 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

Jesus, talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Very sad story.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 12 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

I'm sure the Boy Scouts of America could use some knot tying, make a quick noose, and snap... done. That's backwoods Indiana justice at its finest.

(I was a Boy Scout in Indiana, so I am speaking from experience - but never had to actually go to such an extreme.)
    Nothing to see here.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pal1800 View Post
    No need for a trial IMO.
    No trial? Did we read the same article? Did you see this poor fella? I'm sure that he was teased as a young lad; he probably got rejected when asking the most popular girl for a date; he looks like the type that was picked last for dodge ball. I bet you G. Bush was in office and so blame needs to be shared by the government. When they find out that he had a 64 ounce ICEE from 7-11 that caused a ice headache and an extreme sugar high they will have to shoulder some of the responsibility and I think be forced to pay out millions to him, his mother, PETA (for the poor defenseless dogs) and of course the police officer who was spat upon. Consider the amount of evidence that the defense can bring up to shift the blame and responsibility there is no way this guy can be convicted. With all of the severe trauma endured as a youngster and the state of the economy there is no way that he should be blamed or held accountable for his actions. Consider the amount of evidence that the defense can bring up to shift the blame and responsibility there is no way this guy can be convicted.