Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default "backdoor amnesty" for illegals

PHOENIX -- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer has denounced President Obama's new deportation policy as "backdoor amnesty for hundreds of thousands -- if not millions -- of illegal aliens."

"The Obama administration cannot get its amnesty schemes through Congress, so now it has resorted to implementing its plans via executive fiat," Brewer said after Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano announced the new policy Thursday. Napolitano said authorities will focus on deporting illegals with criminal records and review on a case-by-case basis the plight of illegals who are students, were brought to the United States by parents or whose work permits have expired.

Brewer said the plan is "backdoor amnesty," and, "Especially disturbing is that it comes in the wake of the Obama administration sanctioning the sale of weapons to Mexican drug cartels -- even as border states such as Arizona come under threat from those same illicit organizations. With this announcement, the president is encouraging more illegal immigration at the exact moment we need federal focus on border security."

Brewer said that, just last month, Obama had rejected the idea of bypassing Congress and imposing immigration reform, telling the National Council of La Raza that, "That's not how our system works. That's not how our democracy functions. That's not how our Constitution is written."

The governor said, "President Obama got it right last month and got it really wrong today."

Brewer, who is waiting for a U.S. Supreme Court decision on Arizona's tough new immigration law, said, "Those of us who truly care about the rule of law will remember the President's actions of today. We need to remind President Obama that we elected a president that serves beneth and law and did not anoint a king that is above the law."

Republicans Decry DHS Deportation Review as 'Amnesty'

Republicans accused the Obama administration of instituting "backdoor amnesty" after officials announced they would launch a case-by-case review of illegal immigrants slated for deportation in an effort to thin the list and focus resources on kicking out criminals.

The move would likely grant a reprieve to many would-be DREAM Act beneficiaries and thousands of others. The DREAM Act is a proposal in Congress to give illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children a chance at legal status if they complete two years of college or military service. Though the bill has not passed, Thursday's announcement could serve to carry out its provisions.

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, one of the president's toughest critics on border policy, said the move amounts to the administration implementing an immigration overhaul "via executive fiat."

"This plan amounts to backdoor amnesty for hundreds of thousands -- if not millions -- of illegal aliens," the Republican governor said in a written statement. "We need to remind President Obama that we elected a president that serves beneath the law and did not anoint a king that is above the law."

Texas Republican Rep. Michael McCaul said the plan circumvents Congress.

"It is just the latest attempt by this president to bypass the intended legislative process when he does not get his way," McCaul said.

But Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said in a letter to Senate Democrats that it would "enhance public safety" by focusing deportation efforts on those "who pose a threat."

Under the plan, DHS and the Department of Justice will review all cases in removal proceedings as well as any new cases to make sure those who are deported meet the kind of criteria established in a June 17 agency memo.

The memo from Immigration and Customs Enforcement Director John Morton instructed staff to consider 19 factors when exercising "prosecutorial discretion" -- or the discretion an ICE attorney has in deciding whether and how to pursue an immigration case. The list includes factors similar to those in the DREAM Act, like whether someone arrived in the U.S. as a "young child," is pursuing an education or has served in the military.

Thursday's announcement goes beyond the memo by establishing a process to flag and exempt certain illegal immigrants from deportation. A team of attorneys and officials will be tasked with reviewing the more than 300,000 cases in the system.

Cecilia Munoz, White House director of intergovernmental affairs, wrote on the White House blog that the review would "clear out low-priority cases on a case-by-case basis and make more room to deport people who have been convicted of crimes or pose a security risk" -- while ensuring the low-priority cases are kept "out of the deportation pipeline in the first place."

Describing groups of people similar to those targeted in the DREAM Act, she said the low-priority list would include "individuals such as young people who were brought to this country as small children, and who know no other home," as well as "individuals such as military veterans and the spouses of active-duty military personnel."

She said that with more than 10 million people in the country illegally, the strategy is meant to focus limited resources on those who pose the greatest risk.

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid praised the decision.

"This new DHS directive will help prioritize our limited enforcement resources to focus on serious felons, gang members and individuals who are a national security threat rather than college students and veterans who have risked their lives for our country," Reid said in a statement. "I am especially pleased about the impact these new policies will have on those who would benefit from the DREAM Act. ... We lose a lot by sending them back to countries they do not know."

Reid said Congress should still pass immigration reform legislation.

Napolitano also stressed in her letter that the new process "will not alleviate the need for passage of the DREAM Act or for larger reforms."

But the Federation for American Immigration Reform described the announcement as a complete overhaul of immigration law without approval by Congress.

"Having failed in the legislative process, the Obama administration has simply decided to usurp Congress's constitutional authority and implement an amnesty program for millions of illegal aliens," FAIR President Dan Stein said.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

So do you think Obama will refund me and Six the large amount of money we've paid out so far to do this the right way? That would be kinda nice!!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 02:05 PM
    Liked 1,140 Times in 650 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel View Post
    So do you think Obama will refund me and Six the large amount of money we've paid out so far to do this the right way? That would be kinda nice!!
    You deserve your citizenship and have set an example of how one becomes and DESERVES to be an American. These Mexicans want another war and they are going to get one.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 04:38 PM
    Liked 798 Times in 383 Posts

Premium Member

Exactly. Welcome SEA. Great to have you here.

Having a discussion in a class a couple weeks ago. My idiotic liberal professor spewing on about amnesty blah blah blah,,,. I basically tell her that she's full of shit (again) and that what's happening amounts to an invasion. "IT'S NOT AN INVASION!!" she yells back, flailing her arms. I tell her bullshit, that it's been going on for decades and to just look at the numbers.

A Hispanic girl in my class then said that her parents are here illegally and that most people in her community are "undocumented" and just hoping/waiting for amnesty, and that they just wanted a better life and had a right to it like everyone else.

Then a Pakistani guy in my class said that it took him 5 years to get his US citizenship and that he disagrees with amnesty because he worked damn hard to get here legally and that all the Mexicans should have to get in line like everyone else.

I congratulated him on his citizenship and welcomed him. He thanked me, and we fist-bumped. lol

Obama says that he wants to give amnesty now to every illegal who is not a criminal. Dumbfuck, they're here illegally and so they're all criminals. Just another liberal nail in the coffin of what was once a great country with a once great future.
    Last edited by Wruff_ajax; 08.19.11 at 04:23 PM.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

it is an invasion. what a sneaky way to take over a country too. lets stream over the borders, spawn like rabbits and then in 20-30 years, the country will be ours! of course, it wouldn't work if we wouldn't let them stay.

On an unrelated note, I bet there's some dudes in the stir that wish their cellmates would grant them "backdoor amnesty"!

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post

Then a Pakistani guy in my class said that it took him 5 years to get his US citizenship and that he disagrees with amnesty because he worked damn hard to get here legally and that all the Mexicans should have to get in line like everyone else.

Amen!!! I dont mind that I had to do this as long as it's the same for everyone else. You can bet your ass if I did this illegally and got caught, I would have been kicked out. More as an example than anything else.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

My brother put it best years ago...

Take over Mexico and then rename it the USA... Then, all the mexicans will go back there...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:30 PM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

Having a discussion in a class a couple weeks ago. My idiotic liberal professor spewing on about amnesty blah blah blah,,,. I basically tell her that she's full of shit (again) and that what's happening amounts to an invasion. "IT'S NOT AN INVASION!!" she yells back, flailing her arms. I tell her bullshit, that it's been going on for decades and to just look at the numbers.

A Hispanic girl in my class then said that her parents are here illegally and that most people in her community are "undocumented" and just hoping/waiting for amnesty, and that they just wanted a better life and had a right to it like everyone else.

I congratulated him on his citizenship and welcomed him. He thanked me, and we fist-bumped. lol

Obama says that he wants to give amnesty now to every illegal who is not a criminal. Dumbfuck, they're here illegally and so they're all criminals. Just another liberal nail in the coffin of what was once a great country with a once great future.
    you almost can't blame the Mexicans for coming over. Why wait years when you can simply just stroll over the border? This is really more of an issue of a lack of enforcement than anything else.

Every time one of the customs agents bust my chops when I'm visiting the States I think to myself that maybe he should be more concerned with the other border. Random Canadian dude is going home, the same can't be said for random Mexican dude.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 04:38 PM
    Liked 798 Times in 383 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    you almost can't blame the Mexicans for coming over. Why wait years when you can simply just stroll over the border? This is really more of an issue of a lack of enforcement than anything else.

Every time one of the customs agents bust my chops when I'm visiting the States I think to myself that maybe he should be more concerned with the other border. Random Canadian dude is going home, the same can't be said for random Mexican dude.
    Yep, and our president just told all of Mexico that all they need to do is make it here now and then he'll take care of the rest. It's a free-for-all policy and our president is waving them in across the border.

Another thing that bothers me is that this policy was flat out rejected already by our congress, but this administration does it anyway, once again utterly disregarding the law and the will of the American people. Something that this felonious president has done repeatedly since taking office.

This president fucking sucks.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:30 PM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

Yep, and our president just told all of Mexico that all they need to do is make it here now and then he'll take care of the rest. It's a free-for-all policy and our president is waving them in across the border.

Another thing that bothers me is that this policy was flat out rejected already by our congress, but this administration does it anyway, once again utterly disregarding the law and the will of the American people. Something that this felonious president has done repeatedly since taking office.

This president fucking sucks.
    i had some hopes for Obama. I think he took over a grease fire but has made things worse. You guys really need a problem solver in that office - and you need him in the office for about 50 years.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    You guys really need a problem solver in that office - and you need him in the office for about 50 years.
    Posted from yo' mama's house.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:21 AM
    Liked 4,810 Times in 2,455 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel View Post
    Amen!!! I dont mind that I had to do this as long as it's the same for everyone else. You can bet your ass if I did this illegally and got caught, I would have been kicked out. More as an example than anything else.
    This is because you don't represent a huge voting block that votes Democratic.

If Hispanics who sympathize with illegals were more prone to vote Republican, Obama would never even think of doing this.

Just another example of a party (this time the Democrats), thinking party first, country last.

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:28 AM
    Liked 1,627 Times in 873 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

So once again, criminals get amnesty & law abiding citizens get it in the back door.

TVH
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

Default BACK DOOR AMNESTY

I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,239 Times in 1,357 Posts

is it just me or is the arm of that chair in the top picture disturbing?

and I was thinking it was a good band name....but leave it to you guys......

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.