All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad, Hang 'em High
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 2,848 Times in 1,230 Posts

Premium Member

Default New Sammy Interview: Hennemusic

There are a bunch of nuggets in this article: Sam talks about their plan for working with Kenny Arnoff, playin some preliminary shows in smaller venues in NY, SF, LA in November to warm-up and create some buzz, working with producer Mike Fraiser, "Bigfoot" single not really being representative of the rest of the album, and the vibe of the rest of the album. It's good stuff.

http://www.hennemusic.com/2011/08/ch...mer-kenny.html

--------

"Chickenfoot were doing some work on the weekend, as they auditioned a big name drummer to fill Chad Smith’s spot for a possible upcoming tour.

Smith, of course, has returned to his duties with the Red Hot Chili Peppers, who have a new album on the way at the end of the month, just four weeks before the new Chickenfoot arrives.

“We're trying out at the end of the week on Saturday and Sunday [Aug. 6-7], Kenny Aronoff is coming up and we're going to play with him for two days,” Sammy Hagar tells Sound Spike. “If it works, we're going to go out in November, I think, and do a buzz tour, play small venues in five cities, [like] New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco. Then, we'll make sure that it works and the chemistry is good. If it is, we'll go out with Kenny.”

“We don't want to just grab a drummer just because he's good and find out that we don't have the chemistry,” continues Hagar. “Chickenfoot is all about the chemistry. You pick your favorite bass player, drummer, guitar player singer and you don't necessarily have a great band. It can be a disaster because of chemistry and people don't get along. It isn't just arguing; it's just the music can start arguing and doesn't gel. There's been a lot of "super groups" that people have contrived and put together in the past. That's why we don't like to call ourselves a "super group." We grew together. When you throw these people together you don't necessarily get good music. We have to make sure that Kenny brings a different chemistry that works or the same chemistry as Chad. Chad picked him because he said Kenny's just like him - he beats his drum set to death. He doesn't play them, he beats them to death. At the end of every show you have to buy a new drum set for these guys. We need that power. Chad, he's powerful. [Arnoff will] just be on loan anyway. Chad's handing him the baton and he's going to run for awhile. When Chad can come back, we'll make "Chickenfoot IV" probably with Chad.”

As for “Chickenfoot III” (due September 27), the band worked with producer Mike Fraser, who did the first record; he’s also worked with Hagar in the past – on Van Halen’s 1995 release, “Balance.”

“What Mike brings to the thing that most producers don't: Mike stays out of your way and lets you do your thing,” Sammy says. “He just makes sure that it sounds great and that he's getting the best performance he can get out of you. Other than that, he stays out of your way. With a band like Chickenfoot, we don't need someone in there saying, ‘Maybe if you guys had a hit, you guys could do this.’ We're musicians that just go in there. We know what we're doing. We need a guy who makes it sound great and tells us when it ain't. Mike, he was so good for us. You'll see. The record is fantastic.”

The first single, “Big Foot,” is already out and storming the rock charts, but it wasn’t Hagar’s choice to represent the new record.

“The album, probably, is not as much fun as the last record; this record's a little more serious,” comments Hagar. “’Big Foot’ could have been on the last record. Why we picked that single, it wasn't my first choice. I thought it was too typical of what people would expect from Chickenfoot, and it is. It's kind of like an extension of the first record, and our personalities -- fun, fun fun. The rest of the album is much more musical. It's not like heavy, 'Woo, we have to listen to this.' We got down. It's really good. It's not to be messed with. This being the most typical song, the record company and some of the people said, 'Let's make that the first single.' I said, 'I don't care, every song on the album's great. You can throw a dart.' When they kept saying to me, 'What song do you want?' I 'm going, 'I don't care, every song's great.' It's the first time I could ever say that on a record. Usually, you have two or three songs that you know are your best songs. This time I don't know what the best song is. I have very high hopes for that CD.”

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Goddammit.....so sick of him trashing Van Halen every chance he gets.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have high hopes also. Although I think "Big Foot" is an ok tune, I'm glad to hear it's not indicative of the record as a whole. I'm up for a darker more serious album. Elements of Balance/Fair Warning would be welcome.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

I hope they don't over do it. Sammy gives us some serious shit every once in a blue moon (Mine All Mine, Karma Wheel) and when it works it really fuckin works.

But with the Foot, I kinda want them to stay a fun, party-by-the-pool band. "Avenida Revolution" is about as serious as I want them to get.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 06:34 AM
    Liked 6,851 Times in 3,588 Posts

Premium Member

...excuses for Big Foot accepted. Next.

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.22.16 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts

Is Bigfoot really storming the charts? please show me where

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 06:34 AM
    Liked 6,851 Times in 3,588 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michaels View Post
    Banana peppers stuffed with sweet sausage and brown rice, with roasted cherry tomato's and garlic topper. Cha Cha Bling!
    Last edited by Number 47; 08.16.11 at 05:12 PM. Reason: I'd rather cook than waste another minute contimplating Van Halen again. Or Chickenfoot.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:13 PM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

According to Hennemusic it is.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

would people like it more if it were storming the charts? Are people nowdays REALLY looking at the charts and saying to themselves, "I will give this a listen due to CHARTS"? Charts to me are like Rolling Stone Mags Lists. Enjoy music for yourselves...fuck charts. Thanks.
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

08.06.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts

"My Kinda Girl" is a serious tune. I take single moms who turn into backstage sluts very seriously

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lmr5150 View Post
    "My Kinda Girl" is a serious tune. I take single moms who turn into backstage sluts very seriously
    I agree. That tune is exactly what I like in certain moods. :hipthrusts:
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by BREW CREW View Post
    would people like it more if it were storming the charts? Are people nowdays REALLY looking at the charts and saying to themselves, "I will give this a listen due to CHARTS"? Charts to me are like Rolling Stone Mags Lists. Enjoy music for yourselves...fuck charts. Thanks.
    well you are totally off the mark with that comment. The article proclaimed it was charting. I don't give a shit where it charts. BUT , if it charts it will be on the r-a-d-i-o for people to hear it. duh

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 06:26 AM
    Liked 11,602 Times in 4,946 Posts

People still listen to the radio?
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    People still listen to the radio?
    That's a funny comment, because I'm a deejay/news and sports reporter at a radio station and am pursuing a career in the field, but I don't listen to terrestrial radio anymore. I listen to an iPod adapter for my car.

It wouldn't be so bad if the deejays weren't so generic and terrible and the music was exactly the same no matter where you turned. It's heartbreaking really. A lot has changed in just ten years

It'd be nice to see a revival, but networks have become so saturated and lame that I expect it to only get worse.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ZachenFoot View Post
    That's a funny comment, because I'm a deejay/news and sports reporter at a radio station and am pursuing a career in the field, but I don't listen to terrestrial radio anymore. I listen to an iPod adapter for my car.

It wouldn't be so bad if the deejays weren't so generic and terrible and the music was exactly the same no matter where you turned. It's heartbreaking really. A lot has changed in just ten years

It'd be nice to see a revival, but networks have become so saturated and lame that I expect it to only get worse.
    Yeah, radio is dead ..no doubt. As an SIU grad in radio/tv , I know. lol