Register
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:51 PM
    Liked 127 Times in 74 Posts

Default SAMMY HAGAR: 'I Miss VAN HALEN'

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=162039

SAMMY HAGAR: 'I Miss VAN HALEN' - Aug. 16, 2011

Even though Sammy Hagar says he's happy in CHICKENFOOT, and even though he pretty much threw guitarist Eddie Van Halen and drummer Alex Van Halen under the bus in his recent memoir, Hagar admitted to The Pulse Of Radio that he still has feelings for his time in VAN HALEN. "You know, I miss VAN HALEN," he said. "I don't like them fuckers and fuck those guys for what they did to Mikey [Anthony, ex-VAN HALEN bassist] especially, not me. Unnecessary. Bad guys. But I miss 'em, you know. [laughs] I miss that musicianship and that creative spark and that friction that made it all work, you know. So CHICKENFOOT's got all that, without the friction."CHICKENFOOT, which features Hagar, Anthony, guitarist Joe Satriani and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith, will release its second album, "Chickenfoot III", on September 27.

The first single from the set is called "Big Foot".

As previously reported, Smith will not join the band on tour this fall because of his commitments to the CHILI PEPPERS.

As he hinted recently, Hagar told SoundSpike that former JOHN MELLENCAMP drummer Kenny Aronoff may fill in for Smith on tour, explaining, "We're going to play with him for two days. If it works, we're going to go out in November, I think, and do a buzz tour, play small venues in five cities, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco. Then we'll make sure that it works and the chemistry is good. If it is we'll go out with Kenny."

Hagar added that Aronoff was Smith's personal choice, saying, "Chad picked him because he said Kenny's just like him. He beats his drum set to death. He doesn't play them. He beats them to death. At the end of every show you have to buy a new drum set for these guys. We need that power . . . When Chad can come back, we'll make 'Chickenfoot IV' probably with Chad."

"Chickenfoot III" may compete with the new VAN HALEN album, which will feature David Lee Roth on vocals and is reportedly out this fall
    ITS 5150 TIME

Last Online

12.11.15 @ 10:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

that musicianship and that creative spark and that friction that made it all work

But in the magazine article I posted on here Sammy was adamant that the friction was not necessary to make things work.

Jeez just call up EVH when the tour is done and see what happens. Even if nothing comes musically just get back to being acquainted at least!
    If I told the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth about what I've gone through over the last 20 odd years, what it took to finally get where I am, people just wouldn't fucking believe it. So it's pointless. I now realize that I can't change people's minds, and I really don't want to or need to try. I'm at peace with it, and that's all that matters. - Edward Van Halen

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:14 AM
    Liked 6,834 Times in 3,576 Posts

Premium Member

Why don't we just start a SAM SAID thread for every time he mentions VH in a CF interview. Does his every comment deserve a thread of it's own, just so people can either praise his candor or piss on it?... just saying.

Last Online

12.11.15 @ 10:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Official Sammy Hagar Drinking Game thread

Guess what "buzz words" we'll need to drink to?
    If I told the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth about what I've gone through over the last 20 odd years, what it took to finally get where I am, people just wouldn't fucking believe it. So it's pointless. I now realize that I can't change people's minds, and I really don't want to or need to try. I'm at peace with it, and that's all that matters. - Edward Van Halen

Last Online

02.06.15 @ 07:32 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here we go again...

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT, WACF, FW
    Favorite VH Song

Loss of Control
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 12:25 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PT 5150 View Post
    "I don't like them fuckers and fuck those guys for what they did to Mikey [Anthony, ex-VAN HALEN bassist] especially, not me. Unnecessary. Bad guys.
    Hold on, I'm confused. In his book, he had loads of praise for Alex at least - "I love Al, always have." I honestly take whatever any of them say with a pinch of salt as there are constant contradictions that leave my head spinning.
    Use my hand, I won't look!

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:30 AM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

Here we go again.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:09 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

I can understand how Sammy misses the great times with Van Halen. I'm glad he hasn't let those times get tarnished by the bad times with Ed and Al.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

BOBW
    Favorite VH Song

Crossing over
    Last Online

04.03.12 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I can understand how Sammy misses the great times with Van Halen. I'm glad he hasn't let those times get tarnished by the bad times with Ed and Al.
    I agree, most long term relationships are a love/ hate thing.. All of us that are married understand this
    Sam, Dave,Gary... who cares. its all about what makes you feel good.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:34 PM
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I get it as well. I have friends that I feel almost the exact same about.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:34 AM
    Liked 6,691 Times in 3,711 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legoman View Post
    Hold on, I'm confused. In his book, he had loads of praise for Alex at least - "I love Al, always have." I honestly take whatever any of them say with a pinch of salt as there are constant contradictions that leave my head spinning.
    No reason to be confused. Sam is full of shit. Best not to believe anything he ever says. Actually this is a policy that should also be used with Dave, Ed and Al. Anything that comes out of their mouth should just be assumed to be bullshit.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

Bridge burned down a while ago.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all
    Favorite VH Song

Romney's Cryin'
    Last Online

02.26.13 @ 07:34 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Bridge burned down a while ago.
    I don't know if Ed and Al will ever work with Sam again.

(1) Sammy was pretty harsh with regard to the brothers in his book. Dave said some unkind things as well in his book, but it didn't seem so bitter, so harsh.

(2) Sam and Mike are a two-fer. In order for Van Hagar to reunite, Mike would have to be involved, and I doubt Ed would agree to that, as he wouldn't kick out Wolf. Maybe Wolf could play rhythm, Mike could play bass, but...that seems unlikely.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:53 AM
    Liked 4,800 Times in 2,450 Posts

Premium Member

There are only three people associated with VH that you can believe. Mike, Gary and Wolfgang. Everybody else is a major bullshit artist.

I can see how he looks back fondly on parts of VH. No different than a marriage but please, please Sammy quit the talk on Mike. While Eddie and Alex are responsible for what happened to Mike, YOU certainly put Mike on a path which helped their decision. I mean here is this guy not respected by the guys running the band and you say "hey why don't you play with me?" What is Mike going to say? no? Your his bud. Even if he had asked the brothers for permission, do you actually trust them? Hell no. Should Mike? Hell no. Yet you push Mike closer to the cliff. Then in 2004, they ask about a tour. You make a stand that you wouldn't do it without Mike. They offer a proposal which would allow Mike to tour but effectively be eliminated from the band. What do you do. "here Mike look over the cliff..." and push.

Sure Mike could have been in the exact same spot had he not "sided" with Sam. The brothers probably would have kicked him out in 2007. However maybe not. We won't know but Sam sure didn't help Mike with his standing with VH. I know it shouldn't have come to that but you are dealing with Eddie and Alex. It's like negotiating with the Corleones.

Yeah Mike got fucked but Sammy didn't do him any favors either.

Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all
    Favorite VH Song

Romney's Cryin'
    Last Online

02.26.13 @ 07:34 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

So Sam should have walked on egg-shells around the brother's to insure Mike's status with VH? Sam had every right to ask Mike to play some shows and Mike had every right to accept. What Eddie and Al did was vindictive and childish.