Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    07.11.05
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,883
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

    06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

    Default Question About Burning DVD Torrents

    I downloaded the Foo Fighters show from Lollapalooza off Dimeadozen last night and I got a .ts file for the whole thing. The file plays perfectly fine on Quicktime and VLC but I can't convert it to mpeg2 and toy around with it (making chapters and whatnot), or any file type for that matter.

    I'm a Mac user and the only viable option out there for me is an MPEG Streamclip plugin that costs $20, but supposedly the video converts without audio, so it's totally not worth the cost. I can't afford to buy any software so I'm looking for freeware. I'd be willing to burn the show on my buddy's PC if there are better freeware options there, but preferrably I'd like to do this on my own time.

    Any suggestions? I don't download videos often, but I was at the show and it was spectacular, and I wanted the video as a keepsake. I have the video file downloaded; where do I go from here?
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

    "He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

  2. #2
    Baluchitherium Mikey Metalhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.25.00
    Age
    53
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    4,033
    Last Online

    06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    did you do a google search, there are tons of free converters for windows, I have to believe there are some for mac
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

  3. #3
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    09.11.06
    Age
    41
    Location
    Leicestershire, England
    Posts
    4,484
    Favorite VH Album

    VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    They're all great!
    Last Online

    04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    And even if they're not free you could always download a hacked version of a conversion program from a torrent site. If you were hat way inclined ofcourse.





    (I don't condone the illegal downloading of software btw. It was mearly a suggestion. )
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

    And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's


    "The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

    "I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

    "Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    07.11.05
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,883
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

    06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Metalhead View Post
    did you do a google search, there are tons of free converters for windows, I have to believe there are some for mac
    See, I've been searching and haven't found a truly adequate one.

    Maybe I'll search again throughout the course of the day and see what I find.

    And Tommy, it's an idea; I only really download unreleased live performances, but it may have to do. I just grow so weary when it comes to software.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

    "He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

  5. #5
    Baluchitherium Mikey Metalhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.25.00
    Age
    53
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    4,033
    Last Online

    06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZachenFoot View Post
    See, I've been searching and haven't found a truly adequate one.

    Maybe I'll search again throughout the course of the day and see what I find.

    And Tommy, it's an idea; I only really download unreleased live performances, but it may have to do. I just grow so weary when it comes to software.
    get a PC ya geek
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

  6. #6
    Hot For Teacher drummr's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.18.00
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    260
    Favorite VH Album

    Can you actually just pick 1?
    Favorite VH Song

    Can you actually just pick 1?
    Last Online

    04.21.16 @ 10:55 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZachenFoot View Post
    I downloaded the Foo Fighters show from Lollapalooza off Dimeadozen last night and I got a .ts file for the whole thing. The file plays perfectly fine on Quicktime and VLC but I can't convert it to mpeg2 and toy around with it (making chapters and whatnot), or any file type for that matter.

    I'm a Mac user and the only viable option out there for me is an MPEG Streamclip plugin that costs $20, but supposedly the video converts without audio, so it's totally not worth the cost. I can't afford to buy any software so I'm looking for freeware. I'd be willing to burn the show on my buddy's PC if there are better freeware options there, but preferrably I'd like to do this on my own time.

    Any suggestions? I don't download videos often, but I was at the show and it was spectacular, and I wanted the video as a keepsake. I have the video file downloaded; where do I go from here?
    Dude, check out videohelp.com. It's a good resource for finding good audio/video freeware and shareware tools, as well as info on how to accomplish certain tasks. Hopefully you will find something that will work on a Mac. Let me know if it helps.

  7. #7
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    07.11.05
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,883
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

    06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drummr View Post
    Dude, check out videohelp.com. It's a good resource for finding good audio/video freeware and shareware tools, as well as info on how to accomplish certain tasks. Hopefully you will find something that will work on a Mac. Let me know if it helps.
    That actually helped me a lot. Thank you, my friend

    And thanks to everyone else for your help and suggestions, they are very appreciated!
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

    "He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    07.11.05
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,883
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

    06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Metalhead View Post
    get a PC ya geek


    By owning both at one point in my life, I'm learning the pros and cons of each. This experiment is one of the cons.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

    "He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

  9. #9
    Hot For Teacher drummr's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.18.00
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    260
    Favorite VH Album

    Can you actually just pick 1?
    Favorite VH Song

    Can you actually just pick 1?
    Last Online

    04.21.16 @ 10:55 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ZachenFoot View Post
    That actually helped me a lot. Thank you, my friend

    And thanks to everyone else for your help and suggestions, they are very appreciated!
    Awesome, I'm glad you found it helpful. I've found that site to be very useful to me throughout the years.

  10. #10
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    11.26.10
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,353
    Last Online

    11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Likes
    1,679
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Metalhead View Post
    get a PC ya geek

    But then he'd lose the sense of righteousness that goes along with being an Apple user!
    I kid, I kid!
    I've actually run into a lot of those seemingly unconvertible files too as of late and I am on a PC. As you said, they work fine on Quicktime, but anything else.....Doesn't work. The real bummer is in trying to download a converter plugin, somehow I got this other player/burning software issue. I was uploading some stuff off my cam to burn. I did it, then erased my memory card as usual.
    Now my files can't be edited with my software unless it is in a solely Quicktime format which none of my video editing software recognizes. Computers can be a real pain in the ass sometimes!
    I'd be interested to see what others recommend here, for both Mac and PC.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. dvd burning question
    By It's Mike in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03.15.08, 12:42 PM
  2. Burning question
    By Unchained Wolfie in forum Bootleg Network
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12.21.00, 10:59 AM
  3. question on burning???
    By uncle ted in forum Bootleg Network
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11.13.00, 10:20 AM
  4. question about burning !!
    By Eddie_italian in forum Bootleg Network
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09.26.00, 09:47 AM
  5. CD Burning Question???
    By Glenn in forum Bootleg Network
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06.11.00, 10:33 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •