Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Default Question About Burning DVD Torrents

I downloaded the Foo Fighters show from Lollapalooza off Dimeadozen last night and I got a .ts file for the whole thing. The file plays perfectly fine on Quicktime and VLC but I can't convert it to mpeg2 and toy around with it (making chapters and whatnot), or any file type for that matter.

I'm a Mac user and the only viable option out there for me is an MPEG Streamclip plugin that costs $20, but supposedly the video converts without audio, so it's totally not worth the cost. I can't afford to buy any software so I'm looking for freeware. I'd be willing to burn the show on my buddy's PC if there are better freeware options there, but preferrably I'd like to do this on my own time.

Any suggestions? I don't download videos often, but I was at the show and it was spectacular, and I wanted the video as a keepsake. I have the video file downloaded; where do I go from here?
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

did you do a google search, there are tons of free converters for windows, I have to believe there are some for mac
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

And even if they're not free you could always download a hacked version of a conversion program from a torrent site. If you were hat way inclined ofcourse.

(I don't condone the illegal downloading of software btw. It was mearly a suggestion. )
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Metalhead View Post
    did you do a google search, there are tons of free converters for windows, I have to believe there are some for mac
    See, I've been searching and haven't found a truly adequate one.

Maybe I'll search again throughout the course of the day and see what I find.

And Tommy, it's an idea; I only really download unreleased live performances, but it may have to do. I just grow so weary when it comes to software.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ZachenFoot View Post
    See, I've been searching and haven't found a truly adequate one.

Maybe I'll search again throughout the course of the day and see what I find.

And Tommy, it's an idea; I only really download unreleased live performances, but it may have to do. I just grow so weary when it comes to software.
    get a PC ya geek
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

Favorite VH Album

Can you actually just pick 1?
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

04.21.16 @ 10:55 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I downloaded the Foo Fighters show from Lollapalooza off Dimeadozen last night and I got a .ts file for the whole thing. The file plays perfectly fine on Quicktime and VLC but I can't convert it to mpeg2 and toy around with it (making chapters and whatnot), or any file type for that matter.

I'm a Mac user and the only viable option out there for me is an MPEG Streamclip plugin that costs $20, but supposedly the video converts without audio, so it's totally not worth the cost. I can't afford to buy any software so I'm looking for freeware. I'd be willing to burn the show on my buddy's PC if there are better freeware options there, but preferrably I'd like to do this on my own time.

Any suggestions? I don't download videos often, but I was at the show and it was spectacular, and I wanted the video as a keepsake. I have the video file downloaded; where do I go from here?
    Dude, check out videohelp.com. It's a good resource for finding good audio/video freeware and shareware tools, as well as info on how to accomplish certain tasks. Hopefully you will find something that will work on a Mac. Let me know if it helps.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by drummr View Post
    Dude, check out videohelp.com. It's a good resource for finding good audio/video freeware and shareware tools, as well as info on how to accomplish certain tasks. Hopefully you will find something that will work on a Mac. Let me know if it helps.
    That actually helped me a lot. Thank you, my friend

And thanks to everyone else for your help and suggestions, they are very appreciated!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

get a PC ya geek

By owning both at one point in my life, I'm learning the pros and cons of each. This experiment is one of the cons.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

04.21.16 @ 10:55 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

That actually helped me a lot. Thank you, my friend

And thanks to everyone else for your help and suggestions, they are very appreciated!
    Awesome, I'm glad you found it helpful. I've found that site to be very useful to me throughout the years.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

get a PC ya geek

But then he'd lose the sense of righteousness that goes along with being an Apple user!
    I kid, I kid!
    I've actually run into a lot of those seemingly unconvertible files too as of late and I am on a PC. As you said, they work fine on Quicktime, but anything else.....Doesn't work. The real bummer is in trying to download a converter plugin, somehow I got this other player/burning software issue. I was uploading some stuff off my cam to burn. I did it, then erased my memory card as usual.
    Now my files can't be edited with my software unless it is in a solely Quicktime format which none of my video editing software recognizes. Computers can be a real pain in the ass sometimes!
    I'd be interested to see what others recommend here, for both Mac and PC.