Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Allright, what do y'all think about this. I'm sure we'll all sit here 'til Dad comes home drunk and argue that there aren't many "bad" DLR-era VH songs. Now, is this because DLR left, and we knew that the first 6 albums would be all we had, so we blazed through them all?

One more for ya, (even though I'm sure this has been discussed before), do you think that if Dave stayed in VH, they would have continued on making albums that exceeded the agrigant of the previous ones?

Man, I'm smoking some good shit tonight!

------------------
    "The thing that inspires me the most is my bottle of Jack Daniels. It's my best friend in the world. Ol' Jack will never let you down. He's always there when you need him" - Nikki Sixx, Hit Parader magazine 1986

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6.30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Eruption
    Last Online

11.07.17 @ 04:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i don't knmow about your post but i'm drinking good shit tonight!!
    i've seen early circus magazines with readers complain about the new album 1984 being too commercial. so we will always bitch no matter what

------------------
    DIAMOND MAFIA

it takes me least halfway through the label 'fore i can even make it through the night.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Jamies\' Cryin
    Last Online

12.15.13 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah I remember being bummed out after hearing "Jump" the first time....It just didn't sound right....at the time.

------------------
    Non Stop Talker...What a Rocker!!!......
    "Barn Burned Down...Now I Can See The Moon"
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS 3

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

"If they stayed together" is kind of a moot point.

Okay, for lack of a better name, "1986" would have been huge simply because 1984 was, and because VH had "earned" their popular radio play. Assuming egos stayed in check, I could have seen them lasting until grunge took over, then dropping quickly down to the 2-3 million numbers that Sammy and the boys posted.

In fact, probably the only reason 5150 isn't at 10 million yet is I imagine a lot of casual Dave people back in 1986 refused to even pick it up.

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:14 AM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

Oh, I picked it up - turned it over and looked at it a couple of times, shook my head in sad disbelief, and then put it back down and walked out of the record store! But maybe if they remaster it...

------------------
    "I wanna live it up
    I'm gonna quit my job
    I'll tell the boss to..."

Eat Us And Smile!!!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I'm still trying to figure out what "agrigant" means.

------------------
    The Michael Jordan of Van Halen websites!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    I'm still trying to figure out what "agrigant" means.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always use that word, yet noone knows what it means! I heard it on Motley Crue's "Girls, Girls, Girls" remaster, with the producer doing the intro. From the context, it means exceeding the sales/popularity of the previous. I looked it up in the dictionary, but it's not there, LOL. Guess I found a new word!

------------------
    "The thing that inspires me the most is my bottle of Jack Daniels. It's my best friend in the world. Ol' Jack will never let you down. He's always there when you need him" - Nikki Sixx, Hit Parader magazine 1986

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6.30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth