Harry Reid Misses His Pomegranates

How much do the stressed-our, bleary-eyed lawmakers on Capitol Hill want to go home?

Just listen to Senator Harry Reid of Nevada, the majority leader.

“I have a home in Nevada that I haven’t seen in month,” he said, wistfully during brief remarks on the Senate floor.

“My pomegranate trees are, I’m told, blossoming and have some pomegranates on them. I have some fig trees and roses and things that I just haven’t seen,” he went on. “So I have constituents that I’m anxious to see, friends I need to visit with, relatives I need to visit with.”

Senator Mark Begich, Democrat of Alaska, also waxed on about life back home, showing a poster of his nine-year-old son standing next to a 40-pound king salmon that he caught.

“As I look at, again, this picture — and yes, I’m doing a little marketing of Alaska salmon, I would be remiss if I didn’t do that — I think about Jacob’s future,” he said.

With hours left before a possible vote on a debt ceiling compromise, Mr. Reid and others sounded a bit like the Hobbits, pining to return home to the Shire.

“As soon as we can complete our work, I’d like to move as quickly as I can to the summer recess period,” Mr. Reid said Monday.

There is likely to be little objection to that notion in the Capitol, though many Americans might not find it in their hearts to have much sympathy for lawmakers who make $174,000 a year for about 110 days of work.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Reid Whines He Wants to Go Home:
'My Pomegranate Trees, I'm Told Are Blossoming ... I Just Haven't Seen'

Video of the poor fellow...http://nation.foxnews.com/harry-reid...st-havent-seen