Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: evh

  1. #1
    5150 adamvhcornell's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.06.06
    Age
    45
    Location
    Toledo Ohio
    Posts
    583
    Favorite VH Album

    f.u.c.k.
    Favorite VH Song

    cant get this stuff no more
    Last Online

    02.02.14 @ 01:29 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default evh

    anyone been over to the evh site lately? they got the new amp up and new stop tail piece wolfgangs and wolfgang specials.

  2. #2
    Sinner's Swing! johnnybeane's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.09
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    3,227
    Favorite VH Album

    Woman and children first
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    358
    Liked 598 Times in 389 Posts

    Default

    Awesome!
    Those hard tails look sweet!
    My chat with Mike & Joe from Chickenfoot 1/7/12
    http://bit.ly/yyS5uq

    With a real rockstar - Jason Becker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ElJcDdgfT0

    NEW single "Heavy Mellow" & The REMIX available on iTunes & worldwide on bandcamp!
    http://johnnybeane.wordpress.com/201...unes-bandcamp/

    My bio.
    http://about.me/johnnybeane

    "Like" me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/guitaristjohnnybeane

  3. #3
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    03.12.04
    Posts
    1,584
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 05:18 PM
    Likes
    10
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

    Default

    Ya I noticed those a couple of weeks ago. I absolutely love my Standard Fender Wolf. If he puts out a nice 40 watt combo, not too heavy, it would probably be the last amp I buy. Since getting my Wolfgang I've had 0 desire to get any other axes, well except maybe another Wolfgang down the road. He makes good gear, pricey, but really well built and great sounding stuff.

  4. #4
    Forum Frontman
    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    42
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    And there are lefty Wolf Specials now readily available. I like the options they're putting out there. (I still have yet to own or even try and anything except the EVH Wolfgang pickups.)

    Looks like they'll be doing a 2x12 cab to go along with the 50W 5150 III.


  5. #5
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    03.12.04
    Posts
    1,584
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 05:18 PM
    Likes
    10
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

    Default

    Thanks Andrew, I didn't know there were making lefty specials. You just gave me a bad case of gas! Can I crash at your place when my wife throws me out

  6. #6
    Good Enough ignorance_is_bliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.26.10
    Age
    32
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,008
    Favorite VH Album

    Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    TIE! Humans Being and HAIL
    Last Online

    09.07.17 @ 09:37 PM
    Likes
    9
    Liked 90 Times in 37 Posts

    Default

    Sweet looking axes.

  7. #7
    Eruption bjk's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.18.05
    Posts
    744
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 03:32 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

    Default

    Not quite sure the point of locking nuts and fine tuners on a stoptail...

  8. #8
    Little Dreamer BSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.21.07
    Posts
    24
    Last Online

    08.30.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bjk View Post
    Not quite sure the point of locking nuts and fine tuners on a stoptail...
    At first it doesn't make sense but it really does. For the person who is heavy handed (fingering hand or picking hand) it will really help out. It will get the guitar in tune based off your hand pressure when a turn on the tuning peg won't. Just my 2 cents.

  9. #9
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    10.08.02
    Posts
    99
    Last Online

    12.08.17 @ 06:54 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bjk View Post
    Not quite sure the point of locking nuts and fine tuners on a stoptail...
    i play a evh wolfgang special in a country/rock band. i very rarely use the tremelo.

    i pick and bend strings really hard ( probably poor technique ) and i could not do without the locking nut to keep me in tune. whenever i play anything without a locking nut, i'm constantly going out of tune.

    btw, the new evh wolfgang guitar has a lot brighter tone than the peavey wolfgang. i get a lot of positive comments on my tone from guys that use a strat and a telecaster. i wouldn't say it sounds as good as a telecaster playing country, but the evh wolfgang is a lot more versatile.

  10. #10
    Forum Frontman
    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    42
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsm40 View Post
    btw, the new evh wolfgang guitar has a lot brighter tone than the peavey wolfgang. i get a lot of positive comments on my tone from guys that use a strat and a telecaster. i wouldn't say it sounds as good as a telecaster playing country, but the evh wolfgang is a lot more versatile.
    It's the pickups. I put a set of the new EVH Wolf pickups in a gold top Peavey Wolfgang (maple cap on basswood--just like the new Wolfs). The brightness I noticed right away. The harmonic overtones associated with the new pickups I noticed after recording with them. There is some phenomenal magic that comes from those pups. I really, really liked what I'd always gotten from the Peavey Wolf pickups; I do have to admit the new EVH Wolf pups are a marked improvement.

  11. #11
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    02.17.00
    Posts
    1,710
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

    Default

    Man, that amber Wolf above is one sweet looking guitar.
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

  12. #12
    Hot For Teacher
    Join Date
    10.05.09
    Posts
    288
    Last Online

    02.15.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Wow that is saying a lot Andrew. Outside of Geoff Knapp I cant think of anyone I know who has had more Peavey Wolfs than you. Add in that you are a working musician who put all of yours through the grind, now I am really interested in hearing the new Wolf and checking one out. Did you also change to the new EVH pots when you put the pups in the Peavey?

  13. #13
    Forum Frontman
    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    42
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by straycat113 View Post
    Wow that is saying a lot Andrew. Outside of Geoff Knapp I cant think of anyone I know who has had more Peavey Wolfs than you. Add in that you are a working musician who put all of yours through the grind, now I am really interested in hearing the new Wolf and checking one out. Did you also change to the new EVH pots when you put the pups in the Peavey?
    No on the pots. I've come to really appreciate the things Eddie creates, but spending twice as much on a potentiometer because it has the EVH logo is ridiculous to me. I really like the pots in the Peavey Wolfgangs. (Anyone know what they actually are?) I've had great success with regular Bourns and DiMarzio pots.

  14. #14
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    12.15.07
    Location
    Iowa/Illinois
    Posts
    1,807
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Last Online

    10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AT View Post
    No on the pots. I've come to really appreciate the things Eddie creates, but spending twice as much on a potentiometer because it has the EVH logo is ridiculous to me. I really like the pots in the Peavey Wolfgangs. (Anyone know what they actually are?) I've had great success with regular Bourns and DiMarzio pots.
    I think I ordered a Peavey Replacement pot when I rebuilt my Special... I'll have to check but I think they are CTS pots. Not sure what CTS model, other than that it's 500K of course.

  15. #15
    Forum Frontman
    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    42
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    I think I ordered a Peavey Replacement pot when I rebuilt my Special... I'll have to check but I think they are CTS pots. Not sure what CTS model, other than that it's 500K of course.
    They look like CTS pots, anyway. Only I've never seen "CTS" on any that came from a Peavey Wolfgang.

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •