Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dave knows the VH reunion is not going to happen and he has known this since earlier this year, I believe. Dave decided that he would go out and play some small dates to see how the fans reacted to him, and play what the fans want to hear, all Van Halen. Dave added one more of his solo songs at the Omaha date. I think Dave will add some more of his solo stuff as time goes on and his fan base builds. Dave wants to eventually play all his own stuff, without any Van Halen related material. That is what Dave is doing out there. Building his fan base from pissed off, disillusioned Van Halen fans so that they will buy his next solo effort. His next solo effort may sound very early Van Halenlike to further appease VH fans. Which is fine with me. Some of you may already be Dave fans who would buy any solo effort from him, but lots of DLR/VH era fans havent bought any of Dave's solo work and wouldn't, but may go see this tour and become Dave fans.
    I don't think this tour had anything to do with showing VH or Eddie that Dave still has the stuff to be in Van Halen, I think Dave knew all along that he and Ed would never be able to work together again. Dave's goodwill tour will payoff for him bigtime.

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Intresting take on things
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Makes a lot of sense...
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing

Last Online

02.05.15 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

possibly, this might be dave's way to say farewell to his VH past, and get on with the Eat 'em and smile reunion,
    on the other hand, if the VH reunion is completely over, why is nobody talking to the press about this?

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lilred:
    I think Dave will add some more of his solo stuff as time goes on and his fan base builds. Dave wants to eventually play all his own stuff, without any Van Halen related material. That is what Dave is doing out there. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only problem with that line of thinking is that Dave isn't doing a huge tour, hitting the same spots more than once. He played twice in MN (and added Yankee Rose the second time) but that was more a of an accident than a plan. What he plays for the folks in Minneapolis has little bearing on what the folks in Seattle will want to see. It might affect what they expect to see, so building expectations of VH and playing solo stuff instead wouldn't be a good thing.

If Dave wanted to re-introduce his solo material, he'd be playing more of it. 2 songs during an almost 2 hour show won't cut it. Half and half would be much more appropriate. He'd have done it from the outset, too.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I think Dave will add some more of his solo stuff as time goes on and his fan base builds. Dave wants to eventually play all his own stuff, without any Van Halen related material. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>At Dave's rate, he should be playing all solo material about 50 years from now. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

You make some interesting points. I'd like to think that there is a fan base for Dave to build, but even still, I don't see any reason why he has to get rid of the Van Halen material completely (and I don't think he ever would). I'd certainly prefer to hear a DLR solo set, but I think a few Van Halen songs in there is more than welcome.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Dave knows the VH reunion is not going to happen and he has known this since earlier this year, I believe. Dave decided that he would go out and play some small dates to see how the fans reacted to him, and play what the fans want to hear, all Van Halen. Dave added one more of his solo songs at the Omaha date. I think Dave will add some more of his solo stuff as time goes on and his fan base builds. Dave wants to eventually play all his own stuff, without any Van Halen related material. That is what Dave is doing out there. Building his fan base from pissed off, disillusioned Van Halen fans so that they will buy his next solo effort. His next solo effort may sound very early Van Halenlike to further appease VH fans. Which is fine with me. Some of you may already be Dave fans who would buy any solo effort from him, but lots of DLR/VH era fans havent bought any of Dave's solo work and wouldn't, but may go see this tour and become Dave fans.
    I don't think this tour had anything to do with showing VH or Eddie that Dave still has the stuff to be in Van Halen, I think Dave knew all along that he and Ed would never be able to work together again. Dave's goodwill tour will payoff for him bigtime.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll start it for THIS thread...

Exactly. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The only problem with that line of thinking is that Dave isn't doing a huge tour, hitting the same spots more than once. He played twice in MN (and added Yankee Rose the second time) but that was more a of an accident than a plan. What he plays for the folks in Minneapolis has little bearing on what the folks in Seattle will want to see. It might affect what they expect to see, so building expectations of VH and playing solo stuff instead wouldn't be a good thing.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This has to be just a warm up for something bigger because Dave certainly isnt making any big money from these small venues and I don't think it involves any VH reunion. He may only do it a bit at a time. Not as slowly as Glenn has pointed out (50 Years) but enough so that he can gage fan reaction. How many fans came to see Dave in Las Vegas? I didnt know how many people that place held but other venues are from two to three thousand people. What is Dave up to?

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OVERANALYZE, OVERANALYZE, OVERANALYZE...
    Could it possibly be that Dave just wanted to make some fuckin money...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.23.05 @ 03:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My thoughts too Jaymonster, the fucker is broke.
    "Two Dicks WOW!" --Bonnie Bernstein

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Somebody earlier hit it, he either wants to make money, or is in need to make money. I personally think he is in need of money. He is not promoting his last solo effort, he is just going back on ol' reliable. To me DLR is rock's version of Wayne Newton, just out there and give them the old crap. There is a reason he is playing the small venues, becuase he can't fill the large ones. Does anyone believe that if he was capable of filling the large outdoor venues, that he wouldn't be? Of course he would. He is not able to, that is why he opens up for Bad Company, and plays the state fairs. Willie Nelson plays state fairs, and he has not had a hit in 20 years! It is good for him to get out and make a couple of bucks. But if anyone believes that this is lead or an audition for big VH reunion is lacking extreme focus. DLR is not returning to VH, my bet is Sammy will back back before too long. If it was going to happen it would have happened by now. The cancer and the money to me has zero to do with it, these guys were not meant for each other. They were not meant for each other 15, 10, 5 years ago, and are not today. Please people stop saying "patience". Dudes lets face it. The best chance of seeing them on stage again is in Cleveland at the RnR HoF, and I still would not bank on that.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

01.07.12 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wombat:
    My thoughts too Jaymonster, the fucker is broke.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually Alex is the fucker that is broke. Not Dave. Get your story sttaight.
    Eat Us and Smile!

Last Online

01.24.08 @ 09:30 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cabo1984:
    To me DLR is rock's version of Wayne Newton, just out there and give them the old crap. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> LOL! The truth hurts, and this is the truth! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    From everywhere there\'s a beach, sand and a whole lotta woman in the sun.
    Favorite VH Album

All of them.... VH is GOOD!!
    Favorite VH Song

Eddie on guitar...\'nuff said.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't you think that maybe DLR was just Bored out of his mind waiting for Ed to call back? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Do you think we migth still have to wait anyway?

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VH
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If dave needs $$$ so badly
    and
    if the hold up for the reunion is also
    about $$$ and % (what some people guess)
    then
    this makes no sense.

Better beeing a part of VH with a view million less $ than expected as playing the same nostalgia concerts in small venues over and over again for small money.

In my opinion
    itīs all about ego trips in here.

They donīt give a damn shit about their fans.