Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

Making Music with Smart Phones & Tablets

Hey, everyone. Do you use - or have you used - a smart phone or a tablet for making music? One time? All the time? Performing? Recording? Loved it? Hated it? It doesn't matter. If you want to share your experience or ask questions, please post here.

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Light up the Sky
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:01 PM
    Liked 191 Times in 96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Marc View Post
    Hey, everyone. Do you use - or have you used - a smart phone or a tablet for making music? One time? All the time? Performing? Recording? Loved it? Hated it? It doesn't matter. If you want to share your experience or ask questions, please post here.
    I have AmpliTube and GarageBand on my iPad2. I have used them both. Not a big fan of AmpliTube tone wise, I have purchased a couple of different effects for AmpliTube, but its still lacking. GarageBand is pretty cool, you can make music with the built-in instruments that come with GB (keyboards, guitar, bass guitar, drums) or you can plug in (I use the iRig interface) your guitar and use the GB amps and effects. I have made some pretty cool multi track recordings using GB (using my guitars and the istruments that are built into BG). I have found some pretty cool guitar tones as well.

From my understanding, Guitar Center is offering free GarageBand recording classes every Saturday at 10:00am (at least in Dallas they are). I plan on attending some of these sessions, I heard they are good. They offer a 4 week classes (1 every Saturday for 4 weeks). You sign up on their website.
    Last edited by ScottyBHarris; 07.25.11 at 09:43 AM.
    ~ I like the way the line runs up the back of her stockings ~

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

ScottyBH checkin' in...thanks for the input. As of right now, here are my "rigs":
    - iPhone 4
    -- AmpliTube
    -- AmpliTube Fender Expansion
    -- AmpliTube 4-track Expansion Pack
    -iPad
    -- AmpliTube
    -- AmpliTube Fender Expansion
    -- AmpliTube 8-track Expansion Pack
    -- GarageBand
    iRig Adapter
    Bose MIE2I Stereo Mobile Headset

More later...I have an abscess and my Percocet is kicking in. I think I'm gonna pop in a move - maybe The Usual Suspects or Dances With Wolves - and gradually fall asleep.
    Last edited by Metal Marc; 07.25.11 at 12:04 PM.

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyBHarris View Post
    From my understanding, Guitar Center is offering free GarageBand recording classes every Saturday at 10:00am (at least in Dallas they are). I plan on attending some of these sessions, I heard they are good. They offer a 4 week classes (1 every Saturday for 4 weeks). You sign up on their website.
    Sweet! Thanks, man. I'll check that out. I have figured out GarageBand somewhat well, but I want to be able to push it to the limits.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Light up the Sky
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:01 PM
    Liked 191 Times in 96 Posts

Sweet! Thanks, man. I'll check that out. I have figured out GarageBand somewhat well, but I want to be able to push it to the limits.
    I am with you. I have made a couple of pretty good recordings with GB, but I'm sure there is a trick or 3 I could be doing.
    ~ I like the way the line runs up the back of her stockings ~

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:39 PM
    Liked 11,542 Times in 4,917 Posts

I'm recording my band's entire CD on GarageBand and then giving it over to someone to mix on Cubase....because I can't mix for shit. It's working great. But I'm using Guitar Rig for all the guitar tones, I like the way they sound.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I'm recording my band's entire CD on GarageBand and then giving it over to someone to mix on Cubase....because I can't mix for shit. It's working great. But I'm using Guitar Rig for all the guitar tones, I like the way they sound.
    I think I remember you mentioning that in another thread about doing everything in GarageBand. Even the drums? What interface did you use?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:39 PM
    Liked 11,542 Times in 4,917 Posts

I think I remember you mentioning that in another thread about doing everything in GarageBand. Even the drums? What interface did you use?
    No not the drums. We recorded those live in a studio. I imported them all as wav files into GB.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

You guys that are using your Ipad's are gonna love this:
    http://digitech.com/en-US/products/ipb-10

iPB-10 Programmable Pedalboard
    The iPB-10 Programmable Pedalboard sets a new standard for guitar signal processing. By harnessing the power of the iPad®, it combines the simplicity of a pedalboard with the flexibility of a multi-effects. The iPB-10 unleashes the ability to create and control guitar effects like never before.

Pedalboard Simplicity

The iPB-10 allows you to create your ultimate pedalboard, all on your iPad. Design a pedalboard by simply dragging and dropping up to 10 different pedals, in any order, to each pedalboard. You can even add an amp and cabinet to each setup. With 87 different pedals, 54 amps, and 26 cabinets to choose from, your options are virtually unlimited. Simply swipe your finger across the iPad to rearrange your pedals, turn them on and off, or to adjust their knobs.

Multi-effects Flexibility

Traditional multi-effects have given you the flexibility to change the entire configuration of your signal chain with a single footswitch. The iPB-10 brings the concept of presets to a pedalboard. This allows you to save 100 of your favorite pedalboards with the touch or your finger, and instantly recall them with the stomp of your foot. You can have a different pedalboard for each gig, set, song, or even switch pedalboards within a song.

Once you experience the flexibility of the iPB-10 Programmable Pedalboard with its drag and drop design, you will change the way you think about guitar effects forever.
    Last edited by tommywho5150; 08.17.11 at 02:33 AM.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

I got the iPad 2 a couple of weeks ago and will probably be getting the iRig this weekend. Then of course I'll be getting the Amplitube after that.

I downloaded garage band and have been messing around with that. It's pretty fun. My 6 year old daughter messes around with it too and it's a great way to get her exploring music. I love being able to just set it for a specific scale then just blasting away to runs on keyboards.

Question--I have a TON of midi files I've collected over the years, is there a way to load those into garageband? I wanted to take advantage of the instrument sounds. If not, what's a good cheap app that you can get to play those and not sound like a 1980s Atari video game?

That pedal board looks pretty impressive but I don't think I'll be getting that thing anytime soon.
    Eat Us and Smile!