Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Interesting read in light of the seperation news.
    Poor thing!

http://www.homunculus.com/articles/b...llioc8204.html

http://www.homunculus.com/articles/b...terview87.html

And Eddie said...
    R&N: Does the drama of it all make you want to just throw it all down and look for a quieter line of work?

EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Read full interview here...
    http://www.rhythmandnews.com/Vanhalen2.html

Is Ed annoying?
    http://www.amiannoyingornot.com/view.asp?ID=1701
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Excellent Val interviews. I was surprised at her candidness.

Favorite VH Album

Balance, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, Romeo Delight,
    Last Online

02.05.15 @ 12:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Good stuff - especially the 2nd interview.
    "There is a fine line between stupid and clever" - Nigel Tufnel

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

ya know...

after readin shit like this you think vh might be back with dave at the helm quicker than we think.

thanks for the links fab!!!!!

JMJ [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's been such a long time since I went to a Van Halen concert-- it was at Winterthur in Zurich in 1984 (when I spent time in Europe) leading back to most of the So Cal dates since 1977, and the odd trip to Las Vegas. I had friends in Temple City/Sierra Madre who grew up with the band members and were closest to Ed and Alex, although I recall a visit or two to DLR's Pasadena house with its spacious grounds off the back (where I wondered if the loud music he played would upset the neighbors!). My favorite playdate was New Year's 1977 at the Whisky on Sunset. What a lot of great kick-ass times I can remember! A girlfriend and I went hysterical on a drive to San Diego when we were constantly mooned by other fans making the trek down the #5 freeeway, and I still have some of the outrageous outfits (provocative, OK, sleazy!) in my closet we'd wear. I'd spent half a day getting ready for that San Diego gig, when I looked down at the neat pile of clothes we'd brought to change into and was devastated to realize I'd forgotten the shoes to go with my outfit! I had to clomp around for the night with shoes 3 sizes too big that someone let me borrow! And a crazy end-of-tour party at Carlos & Charlie's strip joint with wild ladies performing on stage (and I wondered what my mom would think if she knew where I was)! What great times! Although not close personal friends to me, I did tag along during an evening golf session or two (think it was Arroyo Canyon or some such name) and went to the flicks on the odd occasion. We sat around and called the local radio station dozens of times to request Van Halen songs when the first album was released. I seem to recall Ed had a highly volatile girlfriend he'd dated for ages (he once displayed a curling iron burn she'd inflicted on his chest during a disagreement!).

But then one date at the Forum up in the front row seats, I glanced over to where Ed on stage was mouthing words intently to someone off to the side in the dark aisle. It was fresh-faced Valerie Bertinelli gazing up adoringly at him, and the look on his face said it all -- he was head over heels and smitten and hardly took his smiling eyes off her the whole set.

I am very sorry for the couple that things have turned so frustrating and disappointing. I know at the time that there was a lot of booze and 'recreational' activities going on and prolific cigarette smoking that evidently took its toll on Ed's health. I'm also sorry that the DLR years ended in animosity because I thought that the early days were fantastic. I hope that in the future the band and its members will have a brighter situation and once again produce their music for fans who get a lot of enjoyment out of their performances.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

02.14.12 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for posting the articles. They definitely were an interesting read, especially hearing Val's take on things that have gone on in the past...
    Always one more,
    You're never satisfied.
    Never one for all with you,
    It's only one for me

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.07.15 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Let's get this out in the open, shall we?????

DB: Who was the first to say "I love you"?

VB: Ed was.

DB: Were you in love with him then?

VB: After he said it, I knew I was. I knew I was feeling something very different for this man; something I?d never felt for anybody else.
    We were in Phoenix and we?d known each other a month. Ed had just won best rock guitarist in Guitar Player magazine for the fourth time in a row, and he was so happy. He went to a sound check and Dave berated him. He said, "You think you?re fucking hot shit just because you won ...." And Ed came back to the hotel and started telling me this. I remember we had adjoining rooms and he was sitting in the corner of my room and started to cry. And I said, "What?s wrong?" I didn?t know how to handle it; I?d only known the guy for a month. He said, "Why do I have to be so lucky? Why do these things always happen to me? Why can?t Dave have some luck? Why can?t Dave get some attention? Then maybe he?ll lay off me a while." Then he just looked at me and siad, "I love you." And he was crying. I was like, "Oh, god, I love you too." For a man to say I love you, crying, it?s like, god ? it was really sweet.

Sounds an awful lot like "Don't talk about your fucking hip!" don't it?
    "Why behave in public if you're living on a playground?"

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Val's pretty frank in those interviews!!! That's info I wouldn't imagine she would share with ANYBODY!!!
    RD<br /><br />"Rock 'n' Roll is my second favourite thing in the whole world" - DLR (1983)<br /><br />"We don't go for perfection, we just go for spirit." - EVH (1981)

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

what it sounds like is that these prick motherfuckers need to make some music again

JMJ [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

11.10.17 @ 07:18 AM
    Liked 16 Times in 7 Posts

Dave berated Eddie for being late and Eddie started crying? How old was Eddie when this happened, five? If this is true, then Dave must have really been the boss of VH. Hell it's no wonder that Eddie doesn't want him back in the band if he's going to cry every time Dave snaps at him. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VanHalen
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hammered......My thoughts exactly!

Was Eddie wearing Valories dress at the time? [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]

I mean Liberace would have dealt with the situation better.

Why didn't Eddie just stroll up to Dave and say "Hey Baldy, did You say something, I was distracted By Your hair!"
    Vegetarian is Indian for Lousy Hunter.<br />Opinions are like Assholes everybody has one

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by hammered65:
    Dave berated Eddie for being late and Eddie started crying? How old was Eddie when this happened, five?
    Where did you get that he was late? Eddie just won best rock guitarist in Guitar Player magazine for the fourth time in a row and Dave started giving him shit for it.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VanHalen
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And what about the fact He made her wait for Sex? And that she took advantage of him in his weaked state? [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

Was Eddie ever in the Priest hood..... [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

Or was He a Boy Scout Leader? [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

But either way even Mike would have nailed her in the first 2 days........

I guess he really does Love that guitar.
    Vegetarian is Indian for Lousy Hunter.<br />Opinions are like Assholes everybody has one

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:46 PM
    Liked 559 Times in 303 Posts

Donor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Leprikawn7:
    [QB]And what about the fact He made her wait for Sex? And that she took advantage of him in his weaked state? [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

That's not what she meant.

How old are these interviews? Late 80's?
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.07.15 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by Dan Halen:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by hammered65:
    Dave berated Eddie for being late and Eddie started crying? How old was Eddie when this happened, five?
    Where did you get that he was late? Eddie just won best rock guitarist in Guitar Player magazine for the fourth time in a row and Dave started giving him shit for it.</font>[/QUOTE]From what I am gathering Dave was most likely always giving Eddie shit. When he tried that move at the MTV awards, well, you know.............
    "Why behave in public if you're living on a playground?"