The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Default 3 Black Hawk County inmates file lawsuit over meals

From my neck of the woods...

Three inmates at the Black Hawk County jail in Waterloo have filed federal lawsuits claiming their civil rights are being violated by skimpy meals.
    The lawsuits filed this month allege that small amounts of food and a 5:30 p.m. suppertime add up to a mid-evening hunger that constitutes "cruel and unusual punishment."

The lawsuits were filed by Tony Grider, Jessie Davis and Charles Mack Jr. The lawsuits say the cuisine pales in comparison to what the inmates have experience in other jails. They seek $1,000 per day for pain and suffering sparked by their unsatisfied stomachs.

Chief jail administrator Capt. Reinhard Boeschen says the company in charge of jail food has promised the meals meet all nutritional requirements.

Sheriff Tony Thompson said he could not comment on the suit's specifics because he has not yet been served notice of it. But he said the jail food service contract is put out for bid periodically by the Black Hawk County Board of Supervisors and that prospective bidders have to meet minimal nutritional specifications.

"The contract is such that we expect the meals to be nutritionally correct; that we expect them to be dietarially sound and meet minimum requirements for sustenance," Thompson said.

"We're not here to keep them (prisoners) ‘satisfied,' " Thompson said. "If they're not satisified, then they won't be coming back to jail. Our job is to keep them safe, keep them fed. Some inmates have been here as long as two years awaiting trial and have not lost a pound."

Read More: http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/bla...#ixzz1SlTXiZSG
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

11.25.14 @ 09:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Reminds me of a joke I heard a comedian referring to prisoners having all these things in jail. "Yeah, you got a weight room. It is called your cell." Weight for wait-I found it funny.
    LSU Tigers 2003 & 2007 National Champs
    Detroit Pistons 2004 NBA Champs

If looks could kill, I'd stare at everybody!

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:27 PM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

In China they take you right from the courtroom with no jury to the execution. No appeals. God Bless the USA.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Eruption
    Last Online

01.10.13 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't they have vending machines or a commissary to buy extra snacks with the money they make from making license plates or whatever it is they do for money? I am being serious. Can the people who visit them bring snacks? You'll have to pardon my ignorance as I have never been to jail/prison nor has anyone I know, well for more than one night anyway.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulGirl5150 View Post
    Don't they have vending machines or a commissary to buy extra snacks with the money they make from making license plates or whatever it is they do for money? I am being serious. Can the people who visit them bring snacks? You'll have to pardon my ignorance as I have never been to jail/prison nor has anyone I know, well for more than one night anyway.
    Ummmm, is there a story in there somewhere?
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Eruption
    Last Online

01.10.13 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No just mostly college friends. MIPs mainly and I know one girl that got two DUIs in college, she wasn't very forthcoming and ended up being the personnel chair for our sorority, go figure! I do know people who have been arrested for things but only spent one night in jail. I think one person was driving with an invalid license and the other stole money from the gas station he worked at (his was the worst case). Oh and I just remember my first roommate out of college got a DUI, she actually got a second one after she moved out and then found Jesus and a husband while attending AA.

I got arrested in October while I was in MO, because they didn't lift the warrant in error after I paid my ticket. Since it was a Sunday they had no way to call and verify payment. They called the following Wednesday to apologize and refunded all of the money I paid to my bail bondsman. I didn't spend any time behind bars but I was handcuffed and my car was searched. It was a funny story that I will have to tell in its entirety sometime.

Okay so I am lying I just remembered another girl in my house spent the summer after our freshman year in jail for procuring because minors partied at her house over a holiday break and they ended up being busted so she did get in trouble.

Okay so I guess I know more criminals than I thought I did. But none of them really went into depth about how jail works with me. So back to my question, can inmates buy or have someone bring snacks?

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Well, if they're still hungry, there's more than enough lifers in there willing to offer up sausage.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:55 PM
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,348 Posts

most inmates have funds that they or friends can contribute to

I know in Ohio you can send only pre-approved packages from Keefe Commisary company but they are limited to how much stuff they can possess

saw it on the lock up show....the prisoners even shared their recipes for making things out of the prepackaged junk

the families can go online and order food clothing even televisions for the lower security lock ups...they are considered ok because they are shipped straight from the commissary business

weird http://www.ohiopackages.com/

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by RRMB View Post

"We're not here to keep them (prisoners) ‘satisfied,' " Thompson said. "If they're not satisfied, then they won't be coming back to jail.
    I love that he said pretty much the exact same thing I would have.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen