Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Oklahoma pharmacist sentenced to life for killing would-be robber

An Oklahoma pharmacist has been sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole for first-degree murder in the shooting death of a teenager who tried to rob the south Oklahoma City pharmacy where he worked.

Fifty-nine-year-old Jerome Ersland was sentenced Monday after Oklahoma County District Judge Ray Elliott rejected a defense motion to suspend the sentence.

Ersland had no reaction and said nothing as the sentence was handed down. As he left the courtroom, he responded to a reporter's shouted question by calling the sentence "an injustice of a monumental proportion."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43710936...me_and_courts/
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 07:10 PM
    Liked 1,940 Times in 785 Posts

Premium Member

The pharmacist crossed the line of self defense when he shot one of the robbers 5 more times after he was already unconscious.

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible to name only one
    Last Online

01.08.17 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The only good robber is a dead robber.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:25 AM
    Liked 6,673 Times in 3,698 Posts

i have no issue at all with the guy shooting the robber (or shooting the other guy, had he done that). But pumping 5 more bullets into him when he's passed out on the ground was overkill. Not sure he deserves life in prison but he certainly went over the line.

That said, let this be a valuable lesson to would be thieves, if you break into someone's home or place of business - bad shit can happen to you. I have no sympathy for the guy who got killed.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by VHwasCoolestWithDLR View Post
    The only good robber is a dead robber.
    100% agreement, sir. Fuck this "over the line" shit. If I'm being robbed, I'm gonna be so damn scared for my life that IF i get the upper hand on the scumbag.....he'll never be dead enough. It's not like the guy had time to think about kind of bullshit might happen in a court at the time. It was a life or death situation.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    100% agreement, sir. Fuck this "over the line" shit. If I'm being robbed, I'm gonna be so damn scared for my life that IF i get the upper hand on the scumbag.....he'll never be dead enough. It's not like the guy had time to think about kind of bullshit might happen in a court at the time. It was a life or death situation.
    agreed. there is no over the line when it comes to self preservation.
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

“ Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) ” FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Kind of a fucked up deal really. He did what he had to do. But the cameras caught him pumping a few extra rounds into the punk. Hard to defend his actions in todays court of law with video evidence like that. Bummer. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many!
    Last Online

12.04.14 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

That judge needs to be put into the same situation just to see how he would react emotionally or psychologically.....1 bullet or 5...dead is dead.....getting a life sentence because it was hard to watch on video? Utter bullshit! I got charged by a big ole 300 lb bear 2 years ago during early deer season..I emptied my rifle, all 5 shots, into the thing....he was probably dead with the first 2.....bear season had just closed 2 days before....I didn't even get a fine much less imprisoned for using 5 shots....my point is no one understands what the adrenaline of a life or death situation does to your mind until you're in it!
    Love should NOT be work, it should be as easy as breathing Dave's Dreidel

My god, our government has less secrets than Van Halen. Emperor Brett

I'm a Democrat and an Atheist, but I've yet to receive my ticket to Hell. Is this something I call Live Nation about or what? JakeK21

I feel it takes far more energy to hate than love. Well outside of Obamacare, How Many Say I and Heineken beer. ziggysmalls

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Brotha you are preaching to the choir. You know me. I'm just saying it was a bummer that he got the life sentence for killing a fucking thug. And the vid was, dont know, a major reason for this. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:25 AM
    Liked 6,673 Times in 3,698 Posts

guys this wasn't 5 shots at once. This was one shot that floored the guy, he then left chase down the other guy, came back, and pumped more shots into him. This was not self preservation. This would be like if you shot the bear then and went and had lunch and then came back and shot the injured bear 4 more times.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Well, he was calm enough to go get another gun, so I think he did cross the line. When I was working overnights in Phoenix, seems like a pharmacy a night got hit. I worked in the hood, so I luckily never got robbed, I think the folks doing the robbing lived around there. You'd be surprised how many pharmacists are packing heat nowadays.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    guys this wasn't 5 shots at once. This was one shot that floored the guy, he then left chase down the other guy, came back, and pumped more shots into him. This was not self preservation. This would be like if you shot the bear then and went and had lunch and then came back and shot the injured bear 4 more times.
    No. The bear wasn't trying to commit a crime.

This asshole was and got his ass handed to him on a silver platter for his trouble. I'll give you that it ceased to be self-preservation at that time - unless the scumbag did something brilliant like tell the shopkeeper he was going to "pay for this" somehow.

In the end, one less criminal douche on the street, because you can bet this fucker was most certainly going to do it again had he lived.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:58 PM
    Liked 2,232 Times in 1,350 Posts

this isn't a Bernard Goetz thing where he just started shooting at everyone around him

this guy had the opportunity to collect himself

just cause someone is a thug, doesn't mean you have the right to be a thug yourself

glad he shot the guy, NOT glad that he made another argument for the gun control lobby to point to...this doesn't help the cause

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

"this guy had the opportunity to collect himself"

I don't agree with this blanket assessment of the human psyche. People react to stressful, life threatening situations in different ways.

A trained soldier or law enforcement professional is probably going to collect himself in a much different, possibly speedier way than Joe Schmoe will seconds after being thrown into a time that could possibly be his/her last.

I was working at a record store when I was 21. The place was robbed one morning just a few minutes after we opened. I had a sawed-off pointed at my face, then was taken to the front of the store and told to lay face-down on the ground with my nose touching the tiles while the safe was emptied of all one thousand dollars we had on hand at that early hour. I thought I was going to die that morning. I don't think I collected myself til about 48 hours later.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:51 PM
    Liked 3,108 Times in 1,820 Posts

Premium Member

Seems there is stuff going on with this guy.

He told the cops initially that he shot the guy again because he was getting up. Cameras show that is not true. He then changed his story to say that adrenaline caused confusion. He has told 7 different stories, even faking a gunshot wound to try and go with one of the stories.

He has been apparently faking a back injury that he was getting pain medication for. He says he injured it during an artillery attack in the first Iraq war. He also told police he had killed before during that war. According to military records, he never left Oklahoma during the war. He was also reprimanded for drug possession while in the military. He says he had shattered vertebrae from the artillery attack and that that is inoperable. He can't walk without a brace. According to X-Rays, this is not true, and he has been seen walking around jail just fine without it, even picking stuff up off of the ground.

Anyway, what I find more interesting is that in Oklahoma, if you are an accomplice in an armed robbery and a death occurs, you can be convicted of murder. The two accomplices in this case were convicted of this murder also. That seems sort of weird. If the robbery itself can reasonably lead to murder, then how can you convict both the people that masterminded the robbery AND the guy who got robbed of the murder?

OK is no joke when it comes to murder that involves force on a child or armed robbery. A dude who tried to get his girlfriend's daughter to stop crying by tossing her in the air and spinning her was charged with murder after she went limp after one of the tosses and died the next day.

A mother was charged with first degree murder when her baby was stillborn. Without evidence to link her use of drugs to the baby being stillborn, they still charged her and she plead to second degree murder.

A robber was coerced into a robbery and ended up leaving the scene during the robbery because he realized he didn't want to do it. Later, as the two other guys fled, one was killed by a cop. The dude who fled didn't even witness it, but he was convicted of murder because the COP killed the guy.
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 07.12.11 at 10:42 AM.