Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Connecticut Begins Illegal Immigrant In-State Tuition

HARTFORD, Conn. – This will be the first year that illegal immigrant Maria Praeli can consider going to college full-time.

While that once seemed impossible to afford, the 18-year-old high school student can qualify for in-state tuition at Connecticut's public universities under a new law.

The measure reduces tuition costs by as much as $17,000 annually for undocumented students such as Praeli, a rising senior at New Milford High School.

Connecticut is now among 12 states, including New York and Illinois, that grant in-state tuition to illegal immigrants who are working toward legal status.

Advocates say as many as 250 illegal immigrants in the state could take advantage of the law change within the next year.

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy, a Democrat, was holding a ceremonial bill signing for the measure on Thursday.

In March, 2011, Gov. Dannel P. Malloy signed a $40.1 billion two-year budget that raises taxes by $2.6 billion, the biggest increase in state history, according to Republicans who fought the plan.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:47 AM
    Liked 18,126 Times in 8,952 Posts

I have still not had anyone give me a good reason why anyone who is an ILLEGAL immigrant can get anything.

I love the new PC term "undocumented" as well.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Yet in Connecticut we have this on the other end being done to actual citizens of the State...

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/27/ho...ding-son-to-w/
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

With over a thousand dollars to still pay out to the US goverment to apply for my green card when Bill and I are married, it is with great fucked-off-ness I read this stuff!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:59 AM
    Liked 2,233 Times in 1,351 Posts

SEA, your problem is that you have some quirky compulsion to do things in correct, legal and moral form.

Girl, you need to get out of your own way

but seriously...this is exactly one of the main reasons why people come here illegally, to get these kinds of advantages for their kids...and while I understand that children do not choose their circumstances and are at the mercy of the parents who have made decisions for them their entire life, it is not as if there are not universities in their homeland that they could apply to.

I'll bet a US education would stand them well in getting accepted and that their homeland would welcome them as future professionals.

while it is only 250 student who would benefit (now) this is just reinforcing the problem

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:31 AM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

So...It's not illegal to be illegal.

This from the DA in Massachusetts.(via Howie Carr)

"The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Well what would you expect from such a liberal state. Our newly elected Governor just signed in to law the largest tax increases in state history. Most of which will effect the middle class. Our sales tax, income tax, gas tax, alcohol tax, cigarette tax and many new taxes have all gone up. On top of that this asshole was depending on the state unions to sign a deal for approx. $1.6 billion in give backs. Yeah right, like a union is really going to do that.
    It fuckin kills me too because 15 years ago we didn't have an income tax. Then we get this asshole "Independent"/liberal governor who institutes our first ever statewide income tax to balance the budget. Then a few years later 2 Indian tribes work out a deal to pay the state a percentage of slot revenues. That comes to about $100 million per month. I would like to know where all this fucking money goes. On top of that all the local municipalities raise taxes because they aren't getting the help they used to from the state. This is the most fucked up backwards and expensive state to live in except for maybe California.
    No surprise that the illegal immigrant education bill passed. Even when running for governor this jack ass said he will pass the bill if it comes to his desk. He is also planning on getting rid of the death penalty. Next thing on his agenda will be firearms. At the rate he's going he'll be running for president soon.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:04 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

The Maryland fucktards, I mean legislators including our outstanding Governor O'Malley, signed legislation for in-state tuition for illegals. BUT - Marylanders got enough signatures to put this law to vote at the next election. I hope this gets overturned b/c it is soooooo moronic. One good thing about this petition, is the tuition law is suspended until it goes to vote by Marylanders. You can bet the house I will vote against the in-state tuition for illegals...
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle