Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:09 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Default TSA needlessly harass wheelchair-bound 95 yr old woman

Shame on the TSA!!!!......Meanwhile,our borders are wide open.

Elderly woman asked to remove adult diaper during TSA search
    http://m.nwfdailynews.com/news/mothe...rch-adult.html
    Lauren Sage Reinlie
    06/25/2011 11:10 AM

A woman has filed a complaint with federal authorities over how her elderly mother was treated at Northwest Florida Regional Airport last weekend.

Jean Weber of Destin filed a complaint with the Department of Homeland Security after her 95-year-old mother was detained and extensively searched last Saturday while trying to board a plane to fly to Michigan to be with family members during the final stages of her battle with leukemia.

Her mother, who was in a wheelchair, was asked to remove an adult diaper in order to complete a pat-down search.

“It’s something I couldn’t imagine happening on American soil,” Weber said Friday. “Here is my mother, 95 years old, 105 pounds, barely able to stand, and then this.”

Sari Koshetz, a spokeswoman for the Transportation Security Administration in Miami, said she could not comment on specific cases to protect the privacy of those involved.

“The TSA works with passengers to resolve any security alarms in a respectful and sensitive manner,” she said.

Weber’s mother entered the airport’s security checkpoint in a wheelchair because she was not stable enough to walk through, Weber said.

Wheelchairs trigger certain protocols, including pat-downs and possible swabbing for explosives, Koshetz said.

“During any part of the process, if there is an alarm, then we have to resolve that alarm,” she said.

Weber said she did not know whether her mother had triggered an alarm during the 45 minutes they were detained.

She said her mother was first pulled aside into a glass-partitioned area and patted down. Then she was taken to another room to protect her privacy during a more extensive search, Weber said.

Weber said she sat outside the room during the search.

She said security personnel then came out and told her they would need for her mother to remove her Depends diaper because it was soiled and was impeding their search.

Weber wheeled her mother into a bathroom, removed her diaper and returned. Her mother did not have another clean diaper with her, Weber said.

Weber said she wished there were less invasive search methods for an elderly person who is unable to walk through security gates.

“I don’t understand why they have to put them through that kind of procedure,” she said.

Koshetz said the procedures are the same for everyone to ensure national security.

“TSA cannot exempt any group from screening because we know from intelligence that there are terrorists out there that would then exploit that vulnerability,” she said.

Weber filed a complaint through Northwest Florida Regional’s website. She said she received a response from a Homeland Security representative at the airport on Tuesday and spoke to that person on the phone Wednesday.

The representative told her that personnel had followed procedures during the search, Weber said.

“Then I thought, if you’re just following rules and regulations, then the rules and regulations need to be changed,” she said.

Weber said she plans to file additional complaints next week.

“I’m not one to make waves, but dadgummit, this is wrong. People need to know. Next time it could be you.”
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post

"Wheelchairs trigger certain protocols, including pat-downs and possible swabbing for explosives", Koshetz said.
    Oh yeah I totally see how a 95 year old woman, wearing an incontinence diaper, who is barley able to stand and has to use a wheel chair, could be a potential terrorist.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 2,236 Times in 1,354 Posts

my mother, while not elderly, is in poor health and obviously infirm...dependent upon oxygen etc.

These TSA situations are exactly why I drove my mother to visit family in florida last winter (and thru the worst ice storm in Georgia history no less)

I will still not even think about taking my mother on an airline, and am looking to renting or purchasing an RV for the purpose of transporting her next year.

I cannot imagine how such an incident would affect her.

that poor little old lady..god bless her.

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

I guess the TSA was afraid she may go Ka-POO-ey!!!

I'm sorry.

I'M SORRY!!!!!
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:02 PM
    Liked 1,347 Times in 924 Posts

So, Ms. Weber - you thought "if you’re just following rules and regulations, then the rules and regulations need to be changed,” but if your elderly mother soils herself she shouldn't be, and should ride that shit all the way from Florida to Michigan because you don't think enough to have a spare on hand?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

The TSA needs to die. Or go thru TSA security lines.
    Just go for it!

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:22 PM
    Liked 3,114 Times in 1,825 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    my mother, while not elderly, is in poor health and obviously infirm...dependent upon oxygen etc.

These TSA situations are exactly why I drove my mother to visit family in florida last winter (and thru the worst ice storm in Georgia history no less)

I will still not even think about taking my mother on an airline, and am looking to renting or purchasing an RV for the purpose of transporting her next year.

I cannot imagine how such an incident would affect her.

that poor little old lady..god bless her.
    Which is one of the ironic things. What you're doing, a lot of people are doing. So, the TSA--which is supposed to make us safer--is causing people to travel in a less-safe manner.

Anyway, this is what we get when the people that made the regulations that the terrorist circumvented take over security afterwards. A bunch of bullshit theater that does nothing but make things worse.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 6,688 Times in 3,708 Posts

insanity - can't say i'm surprised. I remember wasting a half hour with one of your security idiots when they gave my 65 year mother in law a hard time. Because we all know that senior citizen women (with their family on the plane) are the most likely to blow it up.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    So, Ms. Weber - you thought "if you’re just following rules and regulations, then the rules and regulations need to be changed,” but if your elderly mother soils herself she shouldn't be, and should ride that shit all the way from Florida to Michigan because you don't think enough to have a spare on hand?

I thought that too. When I travel with my mother, or when I traveled with my father, the checklist of everything we need and back ups and spares of the backups makes it like traveling with a mini clinic....that part makes no sense at all, and obviously if she was soiled she needed fresh pants, but the extreme scrutiny didn't help her either

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:19 PM
    Liked 18,129 Times in 8,953 Posts

I actually witnessed an old Catholic nun pulled over for a pat down.

The lady looked 80.

I am sorry, but terrorism is a place that there SHOULD be profiling.

The guy from Syria with no luggage and a carry on shave kit? Yeah, pull that guy would ya?

Fucking ridiculous.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

those old Catholic nuns are the meanest...serves 'em right

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:46 AM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

Security is mostly a superstition.
    It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a dearing adventure or nothing.-Helen Keller

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:16 PM
    Liked 93 Times in 37 Posts

All of this bullshit because A. No one was smart enough to realize that cockpit doors needed to be locked and secure, and B. No one thought it was unusual for people to ask to learn how to fly a large passenger jet while in midair with no takeoffs or landings.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:09 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Man Accused of Flying from JFK to LA With Invalid Boarding Pass

Federal agents have arrested a Nigerian man after he successfully flew from New York to Los Angeles, and tried to fly from there to Atlanta, without having a valid boarding pass for either flight.

Investigators say Olajide Noibi boarded a Virgin America flight that left John F. Kennedy Airport last Friday.

Neither the airline nor the Transportation Security Administration noticed that his ID -- a University of Michigan student card -- did not match the name on his boarding pass. While the plane was in the air, flight attendants became suspicious because Noibi was sitting in a seat that the passenger list indicated was empty.

Noibi handed them a boarding pass that was for a flight the day before. Investigators say he told them he had missed that flight.

The flight crew then realized that his name didn't match the name on the boarding pass and that he was not on the passenger list. An FBI agent later discovered that the boarding pass Noibi presented had been printed out by a New York man who lost it in the subway on his way to Kennedy Airport for that same flight.

Virgin America said in a statement that it was working with the FBI in the investigation into how Noibi passed TSA screening at JFK and boarded with an erroneous boarding pass.

"The airline maintains security and other screening systems in place to prevent such an occurrence, however in this case it appears staff may have missed an alert when the passenger presented a boarding pass from a prior flight," Virgin said.

Los Angeles FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller says FBI Agent Kevin R. Hogg met the flight from New York and detained and questioned Noibi before letting him go. "He wasn't arrested at that time. Beyond traveling without a ticket there was no immediate threat," Eimiller said.

An FBI agent then arrested him on Wednesday when he tried to board a Delta flight to Atlanta. The agent said Noibi had at least 10 other boarding passes in one of his bags -- none of them in his own name.

Eimiller said Noibi is in custody pending a 10:30 a.m. hearing Friday in Los Angeles. Noibi has been charged with being a stowaway.

The TSA said in a statement that it could not comment on the specifics of the case, but pointed out that the passenger had gone through security screening.

A law enforcement official tells NBC New York that the man is not believed to have ties to terrorism, and may have mental problems.

It was not immediately clear whether Noibi had a lawyer.

A family member told NBC New York that Noibi was "not a bad guy" and said he did not know why his nephew had been in New York City.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...124771394.html
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

If he'd pooped in his diaper they'd have figured it out.