Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Default Guy Posts on Craigslist About Stolen Les Paul

I didn't see this anywhere yet, and not sure where to put it… So, considering the "Anything and everything guitar" clause of this forum description, here it is…

"To the people who stole most of my stuff out of my studio on June 5, including my main guitar of 43 years, let me tell you about it.

It's a very altered, but very real 1953 Gibson Les Paul Model - Serial # 3 0621 (stamped on the back of the headstock)…"

Full post (much more!) with photos:
    http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...449158332.html

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

Saw this a few days back...really felt for the guy. Hope he at least gets his axe back.

I've had guitars stolen, although nothing like a 53' LP, but it still rips your heart out.

I do have to say....if I did have a 53' LP, it would never be left where I'm not, if you get my drift.
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
    I didn't see this anywhere yet, and not sure where to put it… So, considering the "Anything and everything guitar" clause of this forum description, here it is…

"To the people who stole most of my stuff out of my studio on June 5, including my main guitar of 43 years, let me tell you about it.

It's a very altered, but very real 1953 Gibson Les Paul Model - Serial # 3 0621 (stamped on the back of the headstock)…"

Full post (much more!) with photos:
    http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...449158332.html
    Vancouver's gotta be one of the highest in break ins. Just about everyone I know has had either a B&E, or an attempted one. It just sucks.
    Most of them are fueled by the huge heroin and meth problem here which is only strengthened by very weak laws. These guys are caught one day, and often released the same day or next without any real consequences at all.
    I'm not joking! The police are totally frustrated too because they have to fill out mass amounts of paperwork, go to hearings, to lock these guys up, and before any of it is finished these guys are back out on the street doing it again.

Most of the stuff ends up in pawn shops to score more smack. A friend of mine who is a cop and works in the DTES says he has personally arrested one repeat offender over a dozen times, but his list of arrests range in the hundreds. Why? Because the fuckin' bleeding heat judges here just ask these assholes to get themselves clean and promise not to do it again.

I really hope the guy get's his Paul back. I used to work in a pawn shop in my early twenties and saw some of the most amazing gear come through the door in a junkies hands....including a 50's Paul.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,335 Times in 3,183 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Hope the thief OD's. Fucking bitch .

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by fuddman5150 View Post
    Hope the thief OD's. Fucking bitch .
    No kidding! Two and a half weeks ago my neighbor got broken into, and i had an attempt on my studio and had to replace three of my windows and frames. He's got a full pro DAW setup, and his wife is a photographer and uses a Laptop for her business. I guess they saw it from the street, so they busted in and grabbed the laptop, went through a bunch of other shit that they could take out in one trip, but he's freaked that they're gonna come back for more. He got an alarm system and fortified his place, but it never feels the same. I was out $3.600 bucks to replace the frames and window in my place, but I've been heavily alarmed, have security cams, bars and other stuff to make their life difficult for years.
    It just pisses you off. The fact that our homes were obviously cased for a while because we all hold unusual schedules throughout the week.
    Just adds to the stress, and makes you feel like you've got a big target on your ass.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

This has gone viral on Facebook. If it's real (not to be too cynical, but sometimes these things turn out to be fake), he's got an awful lot of people looking for his Les Paul.

His posting summed up well the connection musicians have with their gear. Recording gear is often replaceable, and amps can be too. Guitars are like an immediate extension of an individual's musicianship--an added appendage to help make the music happen. We think a lot about them, spend countless hours practicing on them, work on them, use them for gigs and recording sessions, travel with them, write music on them, and perhaps even pass them on to our kids. A guitar is just a guitar when it leaves a factory; after years of use it earns a soul--gifted to it by its rightful owner(s). And some asshole can come into your house and steal it away in two minutes. People that do this have no idea.

Dude made a big mistake, though: no insurance. If you don't have insurance on your gear, GET IT!

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by AT View Post
    This has gone viral on Facebook. If it's real (not to be too cynical, but sometimes these things turn out to be fake), he's got an awful lot of people looking for his Les Paul.

His posting summed up well the connection musicians have with their gear. Recording gear is often replaceable, and amps can be too. Guitars are like an immediate extension of an individual's musicianship--an added appendage to help make the music happen. We think a lot about them, spend countless hours practicing on them, work on them, use them for gigs and recording sessions, travel with them, write music on them, and perhaps even pass them on to our kids. A guitar is just a guitar when it leaves a factory; after years of use it earns a soul--gifted to it by its rightful owner(s). And some asshole can come into your house and steal it away in two minutes. People that do this have no idea.

Dude made a big mistake, though: no insurance. If you don't have insurance on your gear, GET IT!
    Its good to have comraderie in music and specifically musicians. I hope someone finds his stuff. I would be devistated if someone stole my axes. They're not ubber expensive or flashy, I have a fair amount of Kramers, but nevertheless its taken me almost 25 years to get all these. If someone took them I would probably kill them if I found out whoi it was. And I'm not exaggerating. My guitars have helped me sing the blues and celebrate my lifes accomplishments. Got me through a lot of tough times. Taking another mans axe is like fucking his wife. It's a sin.

And AT I bet your insurance has to be expensive on all those wolfgangs. 1,000,000 comprehensive I bet.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by we die young View Post
    No kidding! Two and a half weeks ago my neighbor got broken into, and i had an attempt on my studio and had to replace three of my windows and frames. He's got a full pro DAW setup, and his wife is a photographer and uses a Laptop for her business. I guess they saw it from the street, so they busted in and grabbed the laptop, went through a bunch of other shit that they could take out in one trip, but he's freaked that they're gonna come back for more. He got an alarm system and fortified his place, but it never feels the same. I was out $3.600 bucks to replace the frames and window in my place, but I've been heavily alarmed, have security cams, bars and other stuff to make their life difficult for years.
    It just pisses you off. The fact that our homes were obviously cased for a while because we all hold unusual schedules throughout the week.
    Just adds to the stress, and makes you feel like you've got a big target on your ass.
    Well if someone tried that shit at 1 fuddman plaza, they'll be in for a surprise. Alarms and a 12 gauge. Not to mention the attack dog Apollo, my boxer.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Insurance is a very important thing to have if you have a collection, or even one piece of gear that you can't do without. It's funny....I have some guitars that cost thousands yet one of my favorite guitars is an old mongrel that all in , probably cost me no more than a few hundred bucks to build. To me it's irreplaceable. That stuff or something that was a gift from a loved one is Very hard to replace because of the sentimental value. I really hope he gets it back.
    Like the guy said, it's pretty unique.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Light up the Sky
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:07 AM
    Liked 193 Times in 97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fuddman5150 View Post
    Its good to have comraderie in music and specifically musicians. I hope someone finds his stuff. I would be devistated if someone stole my axes. They're not ubber expensive or flashy, I have a fair amount of Kramers, but nevertheless its taken me almost 25 years to get all these. If someone took them I would probably kill them if I found out whoi it was. And I'm not exaggerating. My guitars have helped me sing the blues and celebrate my lifes accomplishments. Got me through a lot of tough times. Taking another mans axe is like fucking his wife. It's a sin.
    agreed
    ~ I like the way the line runs up the back of her stockings ~