Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

02.17.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you have had a chance to listen let us know what you think.
    If you want a little peace, sometimes you got to fight
    We got to walk through the darkness
    Before we stand in the light.
    -S. Hagar

http://www.chickenfoot.us/

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

If it's not for sale, how are we gonna listen to it?!

Seriously, I'll probably buy it tonight and throw my $.02 in soon. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here is the review that I just put up on my site for Not 4 Sale

One of the most notable and recognizable voices of the past 30 years of rock, Sammy Hagar brings us Not 4 Sale, his latest studio disc with his band "The Waboritas." The disc really is everything you would expect out of Hagar, which not a bad thing at all.

The mid-tempo rocker "Stand Up," kicks off the disc with a bang. Sammy may sell tequila, but god damn does the beginning of "Things've Changed" sound like a Bob Seger Coors commercial. It doesn't stay there long as it falls right back into the classic Hagar sound, featuring the tight background vocals and harmonies of the Waboritas.

The highlights on the disc include "Stand Up," "Make It Alright," the possibly Van Halen reunion inspired "Not 4 Sale," the future set closer "Halfway to Memphis," and my personal favorite song "Hallelujah."

The disc does have a small problem though. Sammy is definitely wearing his influences on his sleeve throughout the disc, possibly a little too close on two tracks. "The Big Square Inch" sounds very similar to the Aerosmith classic, "Toys in the Attic," while "Whole Lotta Zep" features the music and words of the legendary Led Zepplin. I love Zepplin as much as the next guy but I would have like to hear Sammy do some more originals.

The biggest surprise of the disc was the emergence of the keyboards/organ playing of Jesse Harms. Harms has been with Sammy a long time, and live is a presence in the sound, but the Waboritas have not been able to bring his sound to disc until now. He adds a lot to "Halfway to Memphis." I don't care how old the Red Rocker is, his voice still sounds great, he still writes great rock songs, and puts on a hell of a show. As the man once sang, there's only one way to rock.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Sinners Swing
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Im wondering if the song "Stand Up', is the same song Sammy wrote for the "Rock Star" movie and soundtrack. Common sense would lead me to believe it is, but why would he release it a year after the movie came out????? Does anyone know?
    Give me a bottle of anything...and a glazed donut.. <br />To GO!!!!!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I forgot Sammy wrote anything for that movie. This has been his first studio disc sine that movie came out so it makes sense it is on there. its a pretty good tune. i liked the disc, except for the Zep song he did. Kinda cheesy

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Waring, F.U.C.K
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes, Sammy wrote "Stand Up" for Rock Star. His version is great, but now that I have the movie version and Zack Wylde's guitar riff screaming, it sounds like something is missing.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

5150,Balance,VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake,Best Of Both Worlds (live)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've had my copy of Not For Sale for a week now (I went to Walmart to buy The Rolling Stones 40 Licks and they had it out) so I've listened to it numerous times and I think it's great.If you love Sammy's music you are gonna love this album!

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

02.17.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with above... If you like Sammy you will love this disc. Hands down his best effort since leaving VH. Several great tunes, a couple of goods ones with hardly a throw-away on the disc. I've only had one listen all the way through so can't really go in depth but would say get it if you like Hagar even if you only like some pre VH stuff. I will say Make It Alright, Not 4 Sale and Halfway to Memphis and Big Square Inch are better than most on M2M, Red Voodoo and Ten 13.

As for finding the CD I went into Turtles Music and they had two copies. If major music stores don't have the CD Sammy is waisting his time promoting the damn thing. I'm sure he isn't going to move a bunch of the CDs unless a song gets some radio play but even if you move 2 disc from all the stores that sell music you haven't had a bad first week. If you don't have one or two in every store you are in trouble.
    If you want a little peace, sometimes you got to fight
    We got to walk through the darkness
    Before we stand in the light.
    -S. Hagar

http://www.chickenfoot.us/

Hot For Teacher
    Omaha, soon to be Phoenix again...Thank GOD!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I really dig the last two songs on the CD. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] MO.
    "Why behave in public if you're living on a playground?" Fools...<br /><br />LET'S GO RED WINGS!!! Ten time Stanley Cup Champions...

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

04.08.07 @ 10:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Stand Up is pretty good as is Hallelujah, Make it Alright and Things've Changed. IMO Halfway to Memphis is the best song on the album.

Karma Wheel,Not 4 Sale are alright, as is The Big sqaure Inch.

And I didnt care for Whole Lotta Zep or The Big Nail.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just bought Sammy's new CD and it rocks! I really was not sure if would live up to his other CD's and I have to agree that this one is the best in his post Van Halen career.

The only way to truly get the spirit of this CD is to play it on a stereo with full sound.

When I was at the counter purchasing this CD, I was surprised to see three other teenagers buying this CD. I asked them if they knew much about Sammy and they said that they saw the Sam and Dave tour and were turned onto Sammy because he sounds like Chris Cornell.

I thought that was really strange because I Just heard Audioslave's complete album and I thought the same fuckin' thing.

What does this mean???????
    What is understood, need not be discussed.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

06.22.15 @ 03:18 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

The Big Nail is my favorite track after downloading off of WinMx....

Sam should give Southern-Fried-Rock a try more often.... Better than his stab at techno-metal (i.e. Serious JuJu...)...

The record has some good stuff, and some crappy stuff, but the weird thing is how disjunct it seems....No flow really.... Seems like there was no real vision of a "record" so to speak.. Just a bunch of songs...

All in all, not bad. Not great, but not bad.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
    not another dime from me, fellas...

tinzen

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I downloaded the album over a week ago and listened to it quite a bit, then bought it today. It's a fun, party album like Red Voodoo, not as serious as MTM but also similar to Ten 13. Stand Up is my favorite. I also like Things've Changed, Not 4 Sale, Hallelujah, The Big Square Inch, and Halfway To Memphis a lot.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

The Next One!
    Favorite VH Song

The Newest Single off The Next One!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I downloaded it off the newsgroups a couple a weeks ago.I like all of it except for "Whole Lotta Zepp".I just can't get into that song."The Big Nail" has a country(yuck) southern rock twang to it but it has grown on me same as "Finish what ya Started" did. All said if you are a fan of Sammy's music you will like the CD.I went to Best Buy(" My Toy Store" so says my wife) to pick up some CDR's and was going to pick up a real copy of it and did not see it anywhere.There was Bon Jovi and The Stones new ones but no Sammy.Sure doesn't seem like there's a great marketing strategy behind it.Maybe since its Tower Records Label they sent most of them to their own stores???
    Van Halen....2003??? In television if your on hiatus this long it's means you have been cancelled and nobody told ya.Has VH Been Cancelled and no ones telling us?? C'mon Ed give us a break and give us an update...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I looked at Wal-Mart and Target since I was there, and since neither store had it I made a special trip to Best Buy. Nobody had Not 4 Sale - I guess the album really IS not for sale [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."