Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 33 123411 ... LastLast
    Last Online

07.27.17 @ 02:03 PM
    Liked 1,157 Times in 795 Posts

Premium Member

Default Global Warming? More like Global Cooling.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110614...pphu-container

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articl...244234.htm?amp

Ladies and Gents, it looks like we're cooling off.

I knew Al Gore was full of shit.lol

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.27.17 @ 02:16 AM
    Liked 16,075 Times in 7,881 Posts

Premium Member

I am not knowledgeable enough to know who is right about global warming.

However, it is probably just an educated guess that pumping billions of tons of crap into the air we breathe and the water we drink is probably a bad idea.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

07.27.17 @ 12:36 PM
    Liked 4,166 Times in 2,136 Posts

Who would have thought the sun impacts the temperature on earth?

I remember a few years ago, some Russian scientists predicted this and made a $50,000 bet (or something very large like that) to any other scientist that the earth would be cooling down in this decade. I believe it was do to the sun cycle.

I do agree that putting shit in our atmosphere is not good for the overall earth but people need to realize that there is an agenda behind global warming. Al Gore was an environmentalist in the 70's and 80's. Nobody cared about the trees so he started global warming in the 90's. The solutions are the same he proposed in back as a tree hugger. However they are just attached to a different name. Volcano eruptions have more effect on our temperature than what us humans have.

Anyway people are going to shit with Global Cooling cause its far worse than warming.

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Who would have thought the sun impacts the temperature on earth?

I remember a few years ago, some Russian scientists predicted this and made a $50,000 bet (or something very large like that) to any other scientist that the earth would be cooling down in this decade. I believe it was do to the sun cycle.

I do agree that putting shit in our atmosphere is not good for the overall earth but people need to realize that there is an agenda behind global warming. Al Gore was an environmentalist in the 70's and 80's. Nobody cared about the trees so he started global warming in the 90's. The solutions are the same he proposed in back as a tree hugger. However they are just attached to a different name. Volcano eruptions have more effect on our temperature than what us humans have.

Anyway people are going to shit with Global Cooling cause its far worse than warming.
    Well, it also says at the bottom of the page that we've done so much damage that Cooling will not help us from warming. Maybe that's them stubbornly wanting to hang on to the global warming theory.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

01.21.14 @ 03:25 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

For the last 3 days its been at or very close to 100 here...bring on the cooling!!!
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    For the last 3 days its been at or very close to 100 here...bring on the cooling!!!
    Them fools on the west coast get the nice weather and the south-south east gets these hot temps. Sometimes it sucks.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

04.28.16 @ 07:41 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Well there is proof that we have done damage to the atmosphere that has caused warming, there is also proof that the earth has gone through multiple cooling and warming trends over the past millions of years. So while there is proof that both exist, I have no reason to go all tree hugging and yell save the planet everytime someone hits the accelerator to blow past a yellow light, because its proven that the earth warms and cools.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.27.17 @ 02:48 PM
    Liked 1,303 Times in 767 Posts

I've always maintained that there are many things we do that can't possibly help the situation in terms of pollution, but that CO2 being the main argument or being vilified as the main culprit for GW is a total crock and basically a perfect scheme that no one can argue against because it is a measurable gas.
    The whole Carbon Credit, scheme is disgusting. There was a documentary that aired two years ago on the CBC and showed how some villages in South East Asia that once lived fairly marginally but comfortable, but since have had their land prospected and purchased with Carbon Offset Credits for natural gas extraction, and the villagers and who were once promised to be compensated by "Carbon Credits" have now seen their land obstructed and their livelihood destroyed. The people who once lived off the land have now been forced away and many now find their only sources of food and clothing from garbage dumps from distant cities.

...The folks who purchased the land with CC's are set to make millions once the line is approved for connection in 2014. Such humanitarians!

That said, there are things we could all do to help with pollution in our parts of the world, but this new religion (Sorry...Anyone who uses terms to describe those who question their beliefs or agenda as "The Deniers" is a zealot)
    is a little scary. These "GW Experts" seem to be of the opinion, or at least try to push the opinion that ideal climate should be fairly static.
    It simply isn't.
    ...And let's not forget all these other events like earthquakes and volcanoes now being linked to GW! Give me a break!!!!!
    CO2 can not be the main contributor.
    Especially when there is indisputable proof that during the period of both World Wars, there was the highest recorded levels of CO2 in the atmosphere due to the manufacturing being powered mainly by coal and oil, and the mass amounts of ammunition and bombs detonated, facilities and homes burned....yet those years through to the 70's were cooler.
    And now there is far less CO2, yet were warmer?
    Hmmmmm.....I'm going with that big yellow thing in the sky as being a possible contributor too. Radical thinking I know. Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by we die young; 06.15.11 at 02:17 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

07.27.17 @ 01:57 PM
    Liked 1,143 Times in 637 Posts

Premium Member

"The temperature change associated with any reduction in sunspot activity would likely be minimal and may not be enough to offset the impact of greenhouse gases on global warming, according to scientists who have published recent papers on the topic."

So really no need to get excited. Only in America is global warming a political issue. In other countries, left and right don't debate global warming, they all agree on it. They don't know who Al Gore is, and don't care. Other countries have hardcore conservatives, yet they don't make global warming an issue. It's only in America. Why?

Could it be that mutlinational corporations have poured money into the US political/media system to try to halt measures that could reduce their profit? Which they can't do in other countries because political financing laws are way stricter. Think about it.

It's the future of the Earth we're talking about, who cares about Al Gore.
    Little Dreamer

On Fire
    Last Online

07.21.17 @ 07:25 AM
    Liked 146 Times in 92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    "The temperature change associated with any reduction in sunspot activity would likely be minimal and may not be enough to offset the impact of greenhouse gases on global warming, according to scientists who have published recent papers on the topic."

So really no need to get excited. Only in America is global warming a political issue. In other countries, left and right don't debate global warming, they all agree on it. They don't know who Al Gore is, and don't care. Other countries have hardcore conservatives, yet they don't make global warming an issue. It's only in America. Why?

Could it be that mutlinational corporations have poured money into the US political/media system to try to halt measures that could reduce their profit? Which they can't do in other countries because political financing laws are way stricter. Think about it.

It's the future of the Earth we're talking about, who cares about Al Gore.
    hehe...the only thing in this post that I agree with is "who cares about Al Gore."

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 5,874 Times in 2,922 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Funny thing is that I watched something on the National Geographic channel saying we're over due for an ice age if you go on historical calculations. Somebody is lying.

On Fire
    Last Online

07.21.17 @ 07:25 AM
    Liked 146 Times in 92 Posts

well, I'm just saying that a LOT of the skeptic stories that I see are from the UK and Australia. They're not buying this bunk anymore than I am.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 06:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by jack5150 View Post
    well, I'm just saying that a LOT of the skeptic stories that I see are from the UK and Australia. They're not buying this bunk anymore than I am.
    thats because the British scientist who first calculated the figures for global warming (the figures on which Al Gore and all the other eco warriors and government policy makers based their propaganda on) has recently admitted that he made the whole thing up!...it was major news over here.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

07.15.17 @ 03:23 AM
    Liked 1,222 Times in 840 Posts

Premium Member

I don't think it matters whether global warming / cooling takes place or not. What matters is that we cannot keep treating our environment, wildlife, - each other, even - with utter contempt and expect this planet to be a decent place for our kids to live.
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

07.27.17 @ 12:36 PM
    Liked 4,166 Times in 2,136 Posts

The biggest threat to the world is not global warming or cooling but humans breeding. Honestly the temperatures could go up a degree or two over the next hundred years but the world population will probably double. That is far worse.

I agree we need to treat the environment better than we have but any gains will be erased when there are 12 billion people on this planet. Destruction of habitat is far worse than global warming