Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer, 20yrs old, missing 6/3/11

Lauren Spierer, a 20-year-old IU student, has been missing since 4:30 a.m. Friday. The Bloomington Police Department, family, friends and local residents continue to search for her.

Spierer is 4 feet 11 inches tall, weighs between 90 and 100 pounds and has blue eyes and blonde hair just below the shoulder, according to fliers posted throughout Bloomington.

She is from Westchester County near Scarsdale, N.Y. and just finished her sophomore year at IU.

Spierer studies fashion merchandising and is a University Division scholar. She planned to stay in Bloomington for part of this summer to take a course at Ivy Tech Community College before starting an internship at the clothing store Anthropologie in New York City. Her parents and older sister live in New York.

Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue. She had been hanging out with friends at Kilroy’s Sports Bar. The bar features a sand and beach area, which may explain why she was seen walking away with no shoes, her mother Charlene Spierer said.

She was wearing a white tank top, a loose, light-colored button shirt and full-length black stretch pants.

Spierer’s apartment is only a block and a half away from Kilroy’s Sports, and the last place she was seen, the intersection of 11th Street and College Avenue, is another two and a half blocks away.

Her known locations are all within a three-block radius of her apartment. Video footage at the Smallwood apartment complex shows that she never made it home.

Robert and Charlene Spierer, Lauren’s parents, flew in from New York early Saturday morning.

They immediately contacted the Bloomington Police Department, filed a report and started printing fliers with their daughter’s smiling picture.

The police department told her parents they had custody of their daughter’s phone and wallet. There were conflicting reports stating the items were found in either her friend’s house or the bar. The Spierers stayed at a downtown hotel Saturday night.

At 10 a.m. on Sunday morning, a search group of about 20 friends and Bloomington residents met outside Smallwood Plaza.

In the group was an Eagle Scout, a local resident with his two small children and a rabbi.

Robert and Charlene handed everyone fliers and tape, then split volunteers into groups to search around lakes Monroe, Griffy and Lemon. Others drove throughout Bloomington, hanging up posters at businesses and handing out fliers.

The Spierers said BPD forces had already combed through nearby construction sites, apartment complexes and streets. The Spierers themselves had spent all day Saturday searching the blocks around Smallwood and Kilroy’s Sports.

Amanda Monacy, who also just finished her sophomore year at IU and knows Lauren from Smallwood, said she can’t believe someone could disappear on such a popular, well-lit street in Bloomington.

“It’s really scary,” she said. “People walk here all the time and don’t think twice. Something happened a block and a half away from home. That’s crazy. We’re all really shaken up by this.”

In the rented car driving toward Lake Monroe, the Spierers answered constant calls and text messages on their cell phones, gathering any information.

Charlene said Lauren suffers from Long QT syndrome, a heart condition that sometimes requires medicine.

Charlene said this condition makes it all the more important that anyone with information come forward, in case Lauren is somewhere she could not receive medical attention.

At about 11 a.m. they pulled off along a gravel road near Lake Monroe.They parked the car and trekked into the woods, walking separate ways to cover ground.

They screamed their daughter’s name for about 45 minutes, their words echoing through the woods. They came back to the car and honked the horn repeatedly.

Then they got back in the car and drove up to Boy Scout Camp Maumee. Cars pulled in as people who had heard the news wanted to help search.Even as rain started to sprinkle at 1:15 p.m., the volunteers mapped out a search plan.

They would cover as much territory around Lake Monroe as possible, hanging up fliers at all boat launches and ramps.

One man suggested they leave stick crosses at trailheads after they had already searched to avoid covering the same ground.At 3 p.m. the family decided to head back into town to meet with police.

http://twitter.com/#!/NewsOnLaurenS

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/06...auren-spierer/

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81836

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?t...269#msg1379269
    Last edited by voivod; 06.06.11 at 09:15 AM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:49 AM
    Liked 134 Times in 86 Posts

Cant see the pix but i'm assuming, pretty white girl... Nancy Grace will be all over this one.
    Dealing with it.

Eruption
    Last Online

01.10.13 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rchop84 View Post
    Cant see the pix but i'm assuming, pretty white girl... Nancy Grace will be all over this one.
    No sir, she is a little preoccupied with Casey Anthony, you know the pretty white girl that killed her daughter?

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rchop84 View Post
    I can't stand that woman! My ex, however, would watch her every night. Casey Anthony was the only thing she talked about forever and a day and now it sounds like she's still talking about that case.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Indiana police are interviewing "persons of interest" in the disappearance of a college student last seen by a friend walking toward her apartment last Friday.

The Bloomington Police Department said Tuesday that anyone seen with Indiana University student Lauren Spierer in the hours before her disappearance is considered a "person of interest," though no suspects have been identified.

Spierer, 20, was reported missing last Friday afternoon. Lt. Bill Parker said Tuesday that she was last seen by a male friend walking home to her apartment in downtown Bloomington at around 4:30 a.m. Friday. He said foul play is suspected.

Parker said Spierer, who was seen walking alone and barefoot, spent the night partying with friends at a local bar before visiting a friend's apartment a few blocks from her own.

Parker said Spierer's shoes and cellphone were later found at the bar. Her purse and some keys were found along the route to her friend's apartment.

"We’ve had a lot of cooperation with the persons of interest," Parker said, adding that police have also searched the apartments of the friends last seen with Spierer.

Parker said video surveillance shows Spierer partying with friends Thursday night at Kilroy's Sports Bar. He said at approximately 2:30 a.m., Spierer and a friend walked to her apartment building, where they stayed for a "little while" before walking north to another friend's apartment. He said Spierer was last seen by a male friend leaving that building to walk home at around 4:30 a.m.

"That young man saw her walk in that direction," Parker told reporters.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:56 AM
    Liked 18,102 Times in 8,944 Posts

I am not saying she shouldn't be able to walk anywhere at 4:30am and not expect to get probably assaulted and killed.

But would it hurt her to use a little common sense?

Walking around bars and between apartment complexes at 4:30am, probably drunk?

No one deserves what probably happened to her, but damn she could have easily avoided it.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

Not necessarily, DD - a huge number of girls and women get abducted / assaulted / killed at all times of the day and in all manner of places.

We've got a case at the moment where a little girl (under the age of 5) was raped by a male worker at her nursery - a place where she should be safe.

Without locking up all females, there is no escaping the brutality of this world. Evil people exist 24 / 7 and are a danger 24 / 7 - in every corner of the globe.
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:51 AM
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,349 Posts

she left her shoes and keys at the bar and lost her purse and other keys "en route" to her friends apartment??????

so by the time she got to the friends apartment she was without shoes, purse, cell phone or keys.....and still she left to go alone to her own apartment blocks away fishy.....

she should have never be allowed to walk away from there alone..if indeed she left

..she could have gotten confused and walked away to anywhere and passed out somewhere

very sad

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 11,545 Times in 4,919 Posts

You know sometimes you just forget where you are honestly in college. You know I went to USC which is in the middle of South Central LA, and while there are TONS of campus police and USC spends so much money on the surrounding areas and helps residents, I walked back to my apartment (sometimes alone) many a night at 2 AM drunk and any gang member could have just come by and killed me.

You do dumb stuff sometimes when you're that age. I don't know, this story doesn't sound promising.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many!
    Last Online

12.04.14 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Yeah but dude, there's a difference.....she's a really cute girl which makes her a likely target for weirdo's......you are butt ugly, so it's no surprise you got left alone....................<j/k>
    Love should NOT be work, it should be as easy as breathing Dave's Dreidel

My god, our government has less secrets than Van Halen. Emperor Brett

I'm a Democrat and an Atheist, but I've yet to receive my ticket to Hell. Is this something I call Live Nation about or what? JakeK21

I feel it takes far more energy to hate than love. Well outside of Obamacare, How Many Say I and Heineken beer. ziggysmalls

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    Yeah but dude, there's a difference.....she's a really cute girl which makes her a likely target for weirdo's......you are butt ugly, so it's no surprise you got left alone....................
    Of course, but I'm also a skinny fucker, wouldn't take much to run me down and take my money or something. I went to a school for rich kids (which I wasn't), they assume anyone wearing a USC hat or shirt walking around Figueroa at 2 AM on a Thursday must have cash.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Sad, these things never end well.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow View Post
    Sad, these things never end well.
    Nope.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:56 AM
    Liked 18,102 Times in 8,944 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dibblekins View Post
    Not necessarily, DD - a huge number of girls and women get abducted / assaulted / killed at all times of the day and in all manner of places.

We've got a case at the moment where a little girl (under the age of 5) was raped by a male worker at her nursery - a place where she should be safe.

Without locking up all females, there is no escaping the brutality of this world. Evil people exist 24 / 7 and are a danger 24 / 7 - in every corner of the globe.
    I don't think that correlates.

Just because tragedies happen in places you wouldn't expect, doesn't mean you should invite it.

I am not saying it is fair, but a pretty girl walking around at 4:30am drunk, by herself, is just begging for something bad to happen.

Yes, a woman can be attacked anywhere, but I bet the chances are a shitload higher doing what she did.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Just because tragedies happen in places you wouldn't expect, doesn't mean you should invite it.
    I really hope that you didn't mean to say that, DD, I really do.
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980