Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:28 AM
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Default Philadelphia woman suing Dunkin' Donuts

PHILADELPHIA ó A Philadelphia woman is suing Dunkiní Donuts, saying a worker mistakenly put sugar in her coffee, which ultimately caused her to go into diabetic shock.

Danielle Jordanís lawsuit claims she asked for artificial sweetener to be added to her coffee during a June 2009 visit. Jordan claims she downed the drink and experienced dizziness, light-headedness and ended up making an emergency trip to the hospital.

.A legal liaison for the Canton, Mass.-based doughnut chain told the Philadelphia Daily News she couldnít comment on the case. But she says employees only provide customers with the order they ask for.

Jordanís lawyer, Kenneth Rodgers, says his client couldnít tell from the taste of the coffee that she got sugar instead of her preferred artificial sweetener. He says she didnít finish the drink before she fell ill.

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages.

----I've ordered Rum & Diet Coke before and have mistakenly gotten regular Coke instead of Diet, resulting in a bad tummy ache and a case of the squirts. Maybe I could've sought unspecified damages.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:13 PM
    Liked 18,157 Times in 8,973 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
    PHILADELPHIA ó A Philadelphia woman is suing Dunkiní Donuts, saying a worker mistakenly put sugar in her coffee, which ultimately caused her to go into diabetic shock.

Danielle Jordanís lawsuit claims she asked for artificial sweetener to be added to her coffee during a June 2009 visit. Jordan claims she downed the drink and experienced dizziness, light-headedness and ended up making an emergency trip to the hospital.

.A legal liaison for the Canton, Mass.-based doughnut chain told the Philadelphia Daily News she couldnít comment on the case. But she says employees only provide customers with the order they ask for.

Jordanís lawyer, Kenneth Rodgers, says his client couldnít tell from the taste of the coffee that she got sugar instead of her preferred artificial sweetener. He says she didnít finish the drink before she fell ill.

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages.

Bullshit on the bolded part.

So, I guess Dunkin will now follow everyone else and tell you where the fucking cream and sugar is on the counter instead of putting it in there for you.

My dad was allergic to caffeine, so guess what, he didn't drink anything that could be caffeinated unless he either made it or poured it himself.

If one cup of coffee is enough to put you into diabetic shock, any person with an IQ over 70 wouldn't "trust" the person behind the counter to do it right 100% of the time.

Just the law of averages will mean at some point someone will make a mistake.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    The American Dream! It's better than the lottery!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

a diabetic at dunkin donuts....LMAO

that's like complaining that you got wet at the beach

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post

"I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 33 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post

That's classic stuff right there!
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

All 14 of 'em (best ofs too)
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait / Feelin'
    Last Online

12.02.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Bullshit on the bolded part.

So, I guess Dunkin will now follow everyone else and tell you where the fucking cream and sugar is on the counter instead of putting it in there for you.

My dad was allergic to caffeine, so guess what, he didn't drink anything that could be caffeinated unless he either made it or poured it himself.

If one cup of coffee is enough to put you into diabetic shock, any person with an IQ over 70 wouldn't "trust" the person behind the counter to do it right 100% of the time.

Dave, I am diabetic as well, and there really is no difference in taste in sugar and artificial sweetener. I've become MUCH more diligent at drive-thrus for this very reason. One cup of coffee could most definitely have put her into shock, depending of several variables. Unfortunately, unlike caffeine and your dad, it is completely impossible to avoid sugars in your diet. Breads, potatoes, starches, all break down in your body and process into a form of sugar. It's a lot more complex than staying away from cakes and cookies and such. I'm not saying it's justifiable to sue, but I can certainly see where she's coming from. I'd like to know if she had a doughnut, too.
    "I didn't just drive a thousand goddamn miles on a motorcycle to watch some little girl prance around on stage" - Steve Morrison on if Justin Bieber performed at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

-"I'd rather stick my junk into a freshly-slapped hornet's nest." LLFHS on banging Lindsay Lohan

Poster formerly known as Fiftyoneftfty

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Still, there's the irony of a woman that's a diabetic going to Dunkin' Donuts in the first place. Like what Daisy said, it's like going to the beach and complaining about getting wet, or getting sand in the crack of your ass.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,338 Times in 3,184 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Good. Stand up for idiots making mistakes. Next moron who makes a honest mistake and bring me a diet coke is gonna PAY!!!

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Wtf? Am I the only one who can tell right away if there is artificial sweetener in something? It has such a distinct taste to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    Dave, I am diabetic as well, and there really is no difference in taste in sugar and artificial sweetener. I've become MUCH more diligent at drive-thrus for this very reason. One cup of coffee could most definitely have put her into shock, depending of several variables. Unfortunately, unlike caffeine and your dad, it is completely impossible to avoid sugars in your diet. Breads, potatoes, starches, all break down in your body and process into a form of sugar. It's a lot more complex than staying away from cakes and cookies and such. I'm not saying it's justifiable to sue, but I can certainly see where she's coming from. I'd like to know if she had a doughnut, too.
    I taste a big difference..my mother is diabetic and not only can she tell if there is sugar or sweetener...she can tell you WHICH artificial sweetener....saccharine is easy, but the difference between equal and splenda is less

anyway..how much sugar did they put in her coffee?....if her diabetes is so brittle that 2 packets of coffee would put her into a coma, don't you think she would order it black with the sweeteners separate?....that would be the prudent thing to do.

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

JUNE 2009 !!!!
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.Ē -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fuddman5150 View Post
    Good. Stand up for idiots making mistakes. Next moron who makes a honest mistake and bring me a diet coke is gonna PAY!!!
    Why ya gotta hate on those of us that like Diet Coke. That's it...I'm suing all regular Coke liking folks. I'm tired of the discrimination of not liking regular Coke. You've caused me severe emotional distress and deepened my anxiety and depression.

"Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by RRMB View Post
    Why ya gotta hate on those of us that like Diet Coke. That's it...I'm suing all regular Coke liking folks. I'm tired of the discrimination of not liking regular Coke. You've caused me severe emotional distress and deepened my anxiety and depression.

I actually don't mind diet Coke, but if given the choice, I've got to go with the sugar variety. Up in the little town in Washington that my Dad and Brother live in, they have the bottles of Coke made from real sugar. It definitely has a better taste to it. The burn comes out better I think, which is why I like Coke better than the rest anyway. FEEL THE BURN!!!

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:13 PM
    Liked 6,699 Times in 3,719 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RRMB View Post