On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The February 2003 issue of Guitar World just hit the stands like 2 days ago. Yes, I know its late December, but the magazine always is like a month ahead, it's normal.

Anyways, we all know that February 10, 1978 was the day Van Halen's debut albums was released.
    I picked up the new GW issue and sure enough there was no mention of Feb. 2003 being the 25th anniversary of this landmark album?!?!?!?

I skipped over to the Guitar World website and all hell has broken loose. In their message board area their is a section titled ASK THE EDITORS. I was gonna ask them how in the world they could overlook something so important but some people had beat me to it by posting about this very subject in the ASK THE EDITORS section of the guitar world messageboard! Some people are pissed.

Some fans are well up in arms as to how VH could be disrespected and overlooked like this.
    Guitar World's excuse seems to be that the Van Halen camp aint talking and they are waiting to get Eddie to talk before doing anything VH related.
    Still, how can you not even mention that Feb. 2003 marks the 25th anniversary of the debut of one of the greatest albums, one of the greatest bands and one of the greatest guitar players, OF ALL TIME?!?!?

That is weak.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:47 AM
    Liked 928 Times in 555 Posts

Guitar World could be waiting to hear from the band(Ed) before they do any kind story on them and what are the chances of the band(Ed) responding to them , I say slim but who knows . GW just did big write ups on Queen & the Doors , how cool would it be to have a big article like that on VH , kinda sad when we can`t even get a magazine article in a Guitar publication on the band [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    You may think I`m being mean but I`m really just being sarcastic

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

everybody wants some
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

...guitar world is eddie's mag...he owns it...guitar world was ed van halen's personal media outlet he was heralding in the new era of rock guitar in the early '80s...it's all part of the their grand strategy: say fuck all until you have something to say...
    ...what do you do when the bureaucracy that's supposed to help you...WANTS YOU DEAD? <a href="http://www.callumhouston.com" target="_blank">www.callumhouston.com</a>

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible to name only one
    Last Online

01.08.17 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The editors of Guitar World did in fact say that they would like to do an entire magazine on classic Van Halen and the 25th anniversary but they said Eddie is not doing interviews and wasnt ready to talk yet. They said as soon as they can get an interview with him that they are ready to do it. Its on the "Ask the editors" message board.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:47 AM
    Liked 928 Times in 555 Posts

Originally posted by VHwasCoolestWithDLR:
    The editors of Guitar World did in fact say that they would like to do an entire magazine on classic Van Halen and the 25th anniversary but they said Eddie is not doing interviews and wasnt ready to talk yet. They said as soon as they can get an interview with him that they are ready to do it. Its on the "Ask the editors" message board.
    If that`s the case , Ed could you please give them a damn interview (I`m sure they`d come to your pad)so we could at least have a magazine! I mean hell we don`t even have the Inside mag. anymore [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    You may think I`m being mean but I`m really just being sarcastic

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Apparently they have been working hard to get a Van Halen interview but for whatever damn reason(shocker) the VH camp, especially Eddie, aint talking.
    Then again, that is no excuse not to mention the anniversary and they should of at least brought in some bands/guitarists to talk about the importane of Van Halen 1.

You know how long it has been since Guitar World dedicated an issue to old school Van Halen? Lord, it's been over a decade! I believe 1992 was the last time I saw an issue dedicated to VH's history, especially the classic Diamond Dave era.

I heard Guitar World is ready and willing to dedicate, get this, an entire issue(with a cover) to VH! From the start of the band to their club days through their whole career etc.. Really Focusing on the Dave ra. But Eddie doesnt wanna talk?!?!?
    Fuckin' a, we need an issue like that out there. It's been over a decade since old school VH has been discussed. All I read in GW through the 90's and into the millenium is always about EVH battling alcohol, EVH getting his act together. Hey, that is great. But the history of this band needs to be revisited and retold NOW. Shit man, I seen teenagers out there who think Randy Rhoads influenced Eddie! It was the other way arouund for chrissake.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 904 Posts

I guess Guitar World would rather to it right then just print something without any meat to it. They still should have said something about it. Why is Eddie 'Aint Talkin'?
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

A great travisty...

Ed... get off your ass... remember it's time to get back to the music...?
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com