Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

I need someone on this board to tell me why it's sooooo important for Van Halen to be as "popular" as they once were ! All I'm hearin' is " They might as well give it up , cause they'll never sell the same amount of records they once did" or "If they don't hurry, they'll have no fans left to buy thier records!" Boo-Hoo-Hoo.
    I don't give a rat's ass whether or not they can convert younger fans or retain current fans.
    Do you think it bothers me that kids today really don't know who they should thank for all the guitar based rock bands of the last 25 years?
    O.K , maybe a little , but that's not the point.
    VH is mature now, they CAN"T be rock stars anymore,but that doesn't mean they should quit!!
    All I know is 20 years from now when the marquee reads" TONIGHT.....AN INTIMATE EVENING WITH EDWARD VAN HALEN ", All you nay-sayers can stay at the house.And leave the ticket buying to the believers! Eddie said once that he'd play music until the day he died, he may be sittin' on a stool,but playing none the less. I think WE OWE HIM the benefit of the dought!!!
    Go ahead and flame me, I don't care , I'm just tired of all the crying.
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

you always want your team to win the championship [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

I grew up in Kentucky, and there-> Kentucky Wildcat basketball is king.

In fact, if Kentucky doesn't win the NCAA championship and go undefeated, alot of KY fans think the team had an off season [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 106 Times in 43 Posts

Smart words 5150.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Atomic Punk, Panama
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree but, they wouldn't sell that much at all, cause all people who aren't big fans will remember how bad Gary was and say who the hell is that if Dave or Sam were in it.
    "Hi, take the television, place it against your body, feel the sound of my voice, I'm Diamond David Lee Roth." -DLR

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

yes ...good point..

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Hain pretty much nailed it... it's a psychological thing... as fans we pride ourselves in being linked to the "MIGHTY VAN HALEN" who in their day were on the top of rock filling arenas and such plus bringing one hellofva party to town...

To admit that you're heros are past their prime and only able to draw a very minor audience and the only party that rolled into town are the 2 drunk fuckers in the back of the bar.. then that's admitting as a fan that your time has passed... your idols are no longer significant and therefore neither are you...

Think about it...?
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

11.15.17 @ 03:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Where at in Kentucky, Hain?

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

all
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i donīt give a fuck about how much record a band sells or how much stadiums a bind fills... i hate it when people compare a band to itīs record sales, especially in those times were kids just listen to a band because they are "in"... so for me it doesnīt matters if van halen would playing in an nice little club or if they would play a stadium... crazy dude, some people donīt listen to bands that are "commercial", and some people prefer listen to bands that are well known...

but i know: itīs the mtv generation, i think mtv destroyed the whole music-culture back in the 90īs... i donīt know if itīs so bad in your country, but in my country the kids just listen to such crap like: avril lavigne, kelly osbourne, the nu-metal crap, yep, thanks mtv! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] /ironic off/ ... but really worse is this boy-girband crap, this is REALLY worse, you know, all the "superstar", "popstar", "teenstar" like your amican idol crap...
    "Who are you tryin' to get crazy with, ese? Don't you know I'm loco?" - Hansel, Zoolander. <br /><br />"You're talking loco and I like it!" - Hansel, Zoolander.<br /><br />"Sting. Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that."<br />Hansel, Zoolander

Favorite VH Album

Live in Largo '82
    Favorite VH Song

Sunday P.M in the Park/1 Ft...
    Last Online

11.22.16 @ 05:46 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Don't worry, gravedigger....

We're drowning in the Avrils & Britneys, Christinas & all of the other American Idol wannabes that MTV has pushed on us...we do have VH1 Classic to go to if it gets too much, but they've pretty much takena lot of guitar based music out of the mainstream...and no CREED AIN'T GUITAR BASED, THEY'RE STAPP-INFECTION BASED.
    Q: Recording the album took so long your Australian tour last year was cancelled. What was it like in the studio? There's a history of tension between you and Eddie Van Halen...

DLR: It was like a stand off in a Chuck Norris movie. We each had the laser dot on everybody's forehead waiting for the other guy to blink. Except for Wolfie, he had a Super Soaker ...