Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Bullied Girls Hang Themselves in Suicide Pact

Two Minnesota girls who felt bullied by their peers killed themselves in an apparent suicide pact during a sleepover at one of the teen's homes.

A family member found the bodies of Haylee Fentress and Paige Moravetz, both 14, on Saturday at a home in Island Lake Township, Minn.

The girls hanged themselves and left suicide notes, one detailing plans for her funeral, ABC News reports.

"She requested everything pink and princess and butterflies," Fentress' aunt, Robin Settle, told the network in an interview.

The two friends, who attended Marshall Middle School, reportedly felt like outcasts in their eighth-grade class.

Settle said her niece was often teased about her appearance. She said Haylee, who was expelled from school for defending Moravetz in a fight, wanted to return to Indiana where she had recently moved from, according to reports.

"She was made fun of for being overweight, her red hair," Settle told ABC News. "She posted on my [Facebook] wall that she really wanted to come back....that the people were mean and cruel and she didn't fit in."

The Star Tribune reports that grief counselors and other support services were made available this week to the girls' classmates and others at the school.

"When the community experiences the death of a child, it is something that the community has to come together to work through," Marshall Schools Superintendent Klint Willert told the Marshall Independent newspaper.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/suicide-pac...ry?id=13411751

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:52 AM
    Liked 433 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

WTF is up with kids these days. I didn't think bullying was that bad when I went to school. Having 2 kids of my own, that would be totally devastating to lose a kid b/c they think they are being bullied so bad that they have to take their own life. I hope something happens to the fuckwads that did the bullying.

My prayers go to the two families...
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Heart breaking story. What can one say about this?

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buschman View Post
    WTF is up with kids these days. I didn't think bullying was that bad when I went to school. Having 2 kids of my own, that would be totally devastating to lose a kid b/c they think they are being bullied so bad that they have to take their own life. I hope something happens to the fuckwads that did the bullying.

My prayers go to the two families...
    A good friend of mine and I compare notes as parents quite a bit, especially since she has only girls and I have only boys....anyway, we were talking about the whole 'rumor' thing alone and the ramifications these days. Back when I was in high school, it could take a week or two, maybe even more, for rumors to spread around the entire school. With social networking and texting, its probably more like a day, if that, now. All of a sudden you are getting more kids joining in on the bullying, whether it be mental or physical.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

that's a possibility a guess. But then, that's us for letting kids on social networking sites in the first place. I can't otherwise think of why bullying would be any worse for these kids than it was when I was a kid - I got called names and physically abused from elementary school all the way through high school. Don't know that I ever gave a serious thought to cashing in my chips - had too much that I wanted to do yet. Maybe that's it - maybe these kids can't see a future that doesn't suck (I know these days I can't) and it's that much easier for them to give up.

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

Guess they never watched "Dazed And Confused". If they had, they would've realized that bullying is just a rite of passage and, most importantly, motivation to succeed in life so you can mock the bullies at your high school reunion with your fat wallet, hot wife and non-alcoholism.
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    that's a possibility a guess. But then, that's us for letting kids on social networking sites in the first place. I can't otherwise think of why bullying would be any worse for these kids than it was when I was a kid - I got called names and physically abused from elementary school all the way through high school. Don't know that I ever gave a serious thought to cashing in my chips - had too much that I wanted to do yet. Maybe that's it - maybe these kids can't see a future that doesn't suck (I know these days I can't) and it's that much easier for them to give up.
    Can't say that I disagree with any of that, and the fact that the media focuses on the negativity certainly does not help the situation.

One problem is certainly the technology...your kid is off somewhere with someone for vacation...when we were that age, you were pretty much separated from everything that happened at home. These days, while you have real time contact with your kid, they also have contact with all those people causing stress in their lives that we left behind when we were gone.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eruption
    Last Online

01.10.13 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Why don't these parents, or kids ask to transfer to another school? It happened all the time back in my day. It may not always solve the issue but in most cases it seems to help.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:21 AM
    Liked 4,810 Times in 2,455 Posts

Premium Member

Honestly and I know this will piss a few people off but what is happening is somewhat evolutionary. For the past 20 years kids are being raised as pussies so when they encounter a tough situation, they are more likely to give up. Yes it's sad that somebody would resort to suicide when pushed like this but I wonder if anybody told them to fight back? Sure you have the social network out there which can increase this stuff but then again, you also have the ability to make friends easier by finding people with more of your common interests. Back when I went to school, if you didn't get along with anybody in your school, that was it. You were fucked. You couldn't go into the virtual world of World of Warcraft, Facebook, Twitter, Halo, etc and be somebody else. If you were a nerd, you were a nerd for the rest of your schooling. If somebody thought you were gay, you were gay and it wasn't cool like it is today. You wore the scarlet G and it was brutal. You were not popularized by a show like Glee.

Life isn't fair even though the nanny state would love for it to be that way. Humans are vicious creatures and if you don't raise kids to protect themselves, they will be defenseless. I am so tired of the bullying excuse.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

...and today's social networking is yesterday's bathroom wall!

Eruption
    Last Online

01.10.13 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    ...and today's social networking is yesterday's bathroom wall!
    Oh you are so right! Do kids even do that anymore? I remember in the 80's when I used to go up to High School for Girl Scouts or basketball games they were littered with graffiti. When I was a high schooler in the 90's they actually had a Janitor sit in the bathroom over the lunch hours so no one could.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:46 PM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Honestly and I know this will piss a few people off but what is happening is somewhat evolutionary. For the past 20 years kids are being raised as pussies so when they encounter a tough situation, they are more likely to give up. Yes it's sad that somebody would resort to suicide when pushed like this but I wonder if anybody told them to fight back? Sure you have the social network out there which can increase this stuff but then again, you also have the ability to make friends easier by finding people with more of your common interests. Back when I went to school, if you didn't get along with anybody in your school, that was it. You were fucked. You couldn't go into the virtual world of World of Warcraft, Facebook, Twitter, Halo, etc and be somebody else. If you were a nerd, you were a nerd for the rest of your schooling. If somebody thought you were gay, you were gay and it wasn't cool like it is today. You wore the scarlet G and it was brutal. You were not popularized by a show like Glee.

Life isn't fair even though the nanny state would love for it to be that way. Humans are vicious creatures and if you don't raise kids to protect themselves, they will be defenseless. I am so tired of the bullying excuse.
    you also have to take into consideration that we just hear about these stories now more than we ever did in the past. 20 years ago I would have never heard about this story in Toronto, it's not big enough to make a newspaper or tv newscast. But we hear about it now. So it seems like there's more of it happening, I doubt there is though.

I don't think this has much to do with kids being "pussies". I think has alot more to do with there being less of an escape when they're at home. Facebook (and and the rest of the social network world) has made the rumour mill run 24/7. I feel horribly for the kids being teased literally to death. And I think it's a real bullshit move to then throw the blame at them. It's not the bullies's fault for being scum of the earth, nope it's the victims' faults for being "pussies". Isn't that fucking lovely.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Totally right about the kids being raised as pussies.
    I am teaching my son to stand up for himself.
    When I was a kid if we encountered a bully we had our older sibling or friend deal with the bully.
    I had an older sister but many of the neighborhood boys were older and we policed ourselves with that shit.
    I was bullied briefly by 2 older kids (by 3 years) and when my older friends came across my two bullies they went home with a black eye and fat lip, and a major atomic wedgie.
    My son is the only child and he sticks up for younger kids at school and he has a few older kids that would do the same for him plus now my GF's 16 year old beast of a son.

Now a days kids just hide behind their computers, Iphones, Xbox's etc.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post

Yeah, because when they fight back like in Columbine & West Jonesboro, it was much more effective at getting it to stop.

Bullying has been around for ages. And to a certain extent, ziggy, you're right. Nobody wants to fight back. The reason why is because the troublemakers don't get caught, it's the good kid that finally get's fed up with it all. Like that Casry kid from down in Australia/New Zealand area. He was picked on constantly, finally struck back. He got booted before the other kid. And when the other kid got booted, it wasn't for nearly the same amount of time.

So kids are apathetic. Why fight back if it doesn;t do any good?

I do agree that fighting back sometimes stops the bullying. That's how it stopped when I was bullied as a kid. I knocked the asshole head over ass. But like was stated above, with social networking being what it is today, you get the gang mentality almost immediately. Where there is 2 or 3 to start, suddenly you have all their friends ganging up on a kid. What starts as 2-1 or 3-1, suddenly explodes to 10 or more-1.

Educators could give a shit less too.

"Just don't do it in my class" was the mentality of my daughters teachers. After if left the classroom, they could've cared less. That's one of the reasons she moved back to her mom's.

When I was discussing why her grades were so bad, while she was here, she let it all out and told me what was going on. I told her to fight back. She was mortified. She's not a fighter. She's very much and intellectual.

I told her that ff they get in your face, take out the closest one. I showed her a few self-defense moves that would stop it all in one blow. Once they're with in arms reach, threatening you, legally, you have the right to use the force needed to stop the threat. I told her that I'll gladly accept any punishment that comes down.

A week later, she did it. The girl got in her face, and POW...just like that, RRMG broke the girl's nose, and knocked two teeth out, attatched to braces no less. One hard elbow hit across her mouth & nose was all it took.

BUT...it shouldn't get to that level in the first place. One of the reasons my mom finally retired being a teacher was due to administrators not paying attention to the teachers when problems would be brought forward, like bullying. Anymore, there is complete and utter apathy on the part of 99% of the teachers & administrators. They just want to do what they have to do to keep themselves off the bullshit NCLB watchlist.

They could care less if the kids are OK after they leave their room. If any of this was brought to the administrators or teachers, and nothing was done, sue the shit out of them. MAKE them start giving a damn.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I've heard anough about kids being raised to be pussies......how about a ton of kids who are taught that they are entitled to everything the world has to offer. What's theirs is theirs and what's yours is theirs....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]