Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Hot For Teacher
    Join Date
    08.28.00
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    236
    Favorite VH Album

    Blueprint
    Favorite VH Song

    Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

    02.17.17 @ 06:11 AM
    Likes
    4
    Liked 79 Times in 21 Posts

    Edward Van Ulrich copyrights the candystripe artwork and then goes after fan sites who sell one or two guitars to only the most-fervent fans, fans who probably one at least one Wolfgang, maybe a Music Man and probably a Kramer.

    As an attorney, I understand and appreciate an artist's right to preserve his creation, but why now -- in 2002.

    My best guess is that Van Ulrich found one last sucker willing to offer a payday for a license to use the candy stripe design from a guitar player who hasn't done anything in years.

  2. #2
    Sinner's Swing! twonabomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.15.01
    Location
    cleveland, oh
    Posts
    3,699
    Last Online

    12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    so if this stuff had been trademarked back in the day, it wouldn't be an issue?
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

    Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

  3. #3
    Eruption
    Join Date
    12.13.01
    Age
    51
    Location
    naugatuck,connecticut u.s.a.
    Posts
    881
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

    mean street
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    sorry hate to say it but its all about fucking the fans.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

  4. #4
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    12.06.01
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,351
    Last Online

    06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Originally posted by Smokin' 5150:
    Edward Van Ulrich copyrights the candystripe artwork and then goes after fan sites who sell one or two guitars to only the most-fervent fans, fans who probably one at least one Wolfgang, maybe a Music Man and probably a Kramer.

    As an attorney, I understand and appreciate an artist's right to preserve his creation, but why now -- in 2002.

    My best guess is that Van Ulrich found one last sucker willing to offer a payday for a license to use the candy stripe design from a guitar player who hasn't done anything in years.
    Edward Van Ulrich... LMAO!
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

    My Hurricane Katrina pics

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk FORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.26.00
    Age
    51
    Location
    The Mighty Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,807
    Favorite VH Album

    All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Originally posted by joe318:
    sorry hate to say it but its all about fucking the fans.
    More specifically, it's about fucking a fan who dared to repeat a statement Michael Anthony made in public which ultimately made them look like liars and $tark$ look like an idiotic coward.

    And the Lars comparison fits.
    Eat Us And Smile

    Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

    ...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

    "What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

  6. #6
    Baluchitherium Guitar Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.08.01
    Age
    47
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    4,334
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street
    Last Online

    03.01.10 @ 10:22 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Originally posted by FORD:
    More specifically, it's about fucking a fan who dared to repeat a statement Michael Anthony made in public which ultimately made them look like liars and $tark$ look like an idiotic coward.
    Rol has already stated that he was placed on notice of this issue well before the Mike/Rolsguitars/Full Bug incident.

    Sorry man, try again.

    [ April 10, 2002 at 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Guitar Shark ]</p>

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Cabo Rights??
    By servoguy101 in forum The Red Rocker
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07.11.05, 07:36 PM
  2. EVH hanging out with Lars Ulrich!
    By Little Dreamer in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08.05.02, 01:44 PM
  3. Van Ulrich Must Have Gone After Wayne Charvel As Well
    By Smokin' 5150 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04.10.02, 11:01 AM
  4. Rednecks have Rights !!!!
    By Van Gully in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06.27.01, 09:49 AM
  5. Van Halen reserved concert dates?
    By MightyVanHalen in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08.26.00, 06:02 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •