Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default Dave Kilminster's Rig (Roger Waters-The Wall Live)

Dave Kilminster is the main axe slinger on Roger Waters "The Wall Live" tour. I got to see this show and this guy sounds amazing. He played mainly Tele's and didn't use the LP seen below on the US tour leg. This guy is nailing Gilmour's guitar work live with a simple rig. Actually he has 2 similar rigs. One behind the wall and the one below in front of the wall used in the 2nd half. His rig behind the wall is the same but with 2 Brunetti Mercury EL34 half stacks. Below are the Brunetti 2-12 combos. Never heard of these amps before. His effects are..
    EVH Flanger
    Boss Chorus
    Top Ten Drive Gate
    Suhr Riot Dist.
    E.B. Volume pedal
    Eventide Timefactor delay

Anybody ever use one of these amps? Check him out doing Comf. Numb on youtube. Also check out the cool graphic at 5:50

Last edited by axebrian; 04.17.11 at 08:03 AM.
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.15.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Dave is a fucking beast and a really cool guy in a Keif sought of way lol. He is part of the crew from the UKs Licklibrary crew that also consist of Guthrie Govan, Jamie Humphries, Andy James, Danny Gill and Mike Casswell all of which are monster players. I have a few DVDs of Daves and he is a pisser to watch and boy can he tear it up with a Tele which I love being a Tele lover myself. Funny how quite a few shredders like Richie Kotzen, John 5 and though I never heard him play the dude from Slipknot Jim Root are using it as there ax of choice for shred.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained & Romeo Delight
    Last Online

04.07.16 @ 01:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think Roger Waters chose one hellva band for the Wall Tour.
    Snowy and Dave, as well as GE Smith (yep, SNLs old band leader), did AWESOME work for the show I saw. I shot some videos, and figured you guys reading might like to hear:

In the Flesh?:

The Thin Ice:

Another Brick in the Wall, Part 1:

Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2:

Mother:

Empty Spaces:

Young Lust:

Another Brick in the Wall, Part 3:

Hey You:

Is there Anybody Out There?:

Anybody Home?/Vera/Bring The Boys Back Home:

-I'm sorry that I can't seem to ever get the videos to post right up on the Message I post (if anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, that would be great). Enjoy! I loved the show!
    Eddie must think I'm a BOZO to want to drop THAT much on one of his new Charvel Guitars!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by straycat113 View Post
    Dave is a fucking beast and a really cool guy in a Keif sought of way lol. He is part of the crew from the UKs Licklibrary crew that also consist of Guthrie Govan, Jamie Humphries, Andy James, Danny Gill and Mike Casswell all of which are monster players. I have a few DVDs of Daves and he is a pisser to watch and boy can he tear it up with a Tele which I love being a Tele lover myself. Funny how quite a few shredders like Richie Kotzen, John 5 and though I never heard him play the dude from Slipknot Jim Root are using it as there ax of choice for shred.

the one Jim Root uses isn't really a Tele. yes its the right shape and its made by Fender but thats where it ends. for starters it has a compound raduis neck (based on a Charvel) the body's made of Mahogany and it sports a pair of EMG's...i will add too that it's a bloody great guitar, he also has a Strat with the same specs and they're both monsters, you should check them out.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    the one Jim Root uses isn't really a Tele. yes its the right shape and its made by Fender but thats where it ends. for starters it has a compound raduis neck (based on a Charvel) the body's made of Mahogany and it sports a pair of EMG's...i will add too that it's a bloody great guitar, he also has a Strat with the same specs and they're both monsters, you should check them out.
    Ya, I started reading this and the first thing I thought was, "No, it's not really a tele at all...."

But Tommy hit it right on the head. It's not a traditional tele at all, but it is a freaking fantastic guitar at the same time. I've played 2 (in off-white) and I was super impressed with both of them. I would venture to say that IMO, that guitar is THE BEST axe Fender makes! Now, I'm no Fender snob or Fender expert -- I'll admit that I don't generally even like the guitars with a Fender on the headstock at all when I try them out... especially at their prices. It seems that many other companies do Fender better than Fender does Fender, and for less $$$....

But having said that, and comparing the Jim Root to ALL other guitars instead of just comparing it to Fenders, I think it is a super solid and versatile guitar, and it's not overpriced either. Now if I was only that impressed with the 'high end' and 'special edition' strats Fender makes.....

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    Ya, I started reading this and the first thing I thought was, "No, it's not really a tele at all...."

But Tommy hit it right on the head. It's not a traditional tele at all, but it is a freaking fantastic guitar at the same time. I've played 2 (in off-white) and I was super impressed with both of them. I would venture to say that IMO, that guitar is THE BEST axe Fender makes! Now, I'm no Fender snob or Fender expert -- I'll admit that I don't generally even like the guitars with a Fender on the headstock at all when I try them out... especially at their prices. It seems that many other companies do Fender better than Fender does Fender, and for less $$$....

But having said that, and comparing the Jim Root to ALL other guitars instead of just comparing it to Fenders, I think it is a super solid and versatile guitar, and it's not overpriced either. Now if I was only that impressed with the 'high end' and 'special edition' strats Fender makes.....
    best of all its Mexican!
    not sure what the finish is on them but it's very thin, a friend of mine has one of the Strats and after 2months (very heavy use) it was starting to look like a relic!!!!!
    i AM a bit of a Fender nut, i have several high end Strat's and Tele's yet i still love the Jim Root, the neck is bliss and the EMG's aren't as harsh as they can be on other guitars.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

FWI guys... Dave was featured in Guitar Player March issue regarding The Wall tour. Their "more online" link is flawed. It says go to www.guitarplayer.com/march2011 When you do and click on Dave Kilminster's link it's not right...their bad

There are 3 parts...part 1 and 2 for the Wall info. the other is for his solo stuff
    Here's the correct Wall interview videos link. Shitty quality from the GP interviewer but you can get the point. I really think Guitar Player mag screwed this one up. Looks like a cheesy vid from a cell phone with bad lighting. Gees, I expected much better especially knowing that Dave is willing to show this f#@kstick his total rig

http://www.guitarplayer.com/ArtistVi...d=773665688001
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!

Favorite VH Album

The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

Saw this tour last year, amazing show, great guitarist.
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and Ive got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.