Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default US Military Wants to Teach Taliban to Make Bread, Not Bombs

Taliban prisoners at an Afghan detention facility will soon get a chance to trade their bomb-making skills for bread making, at least if a new vocational re-education program announced today goes forward.

The program, which will be conducted at the Parwan detention facility in Afghanistan, is part of a broader effort aimed at reintegrating former Taliban into Afghan society.

"Participants may learn a trade in tailoring, agriculture or baking, taught through the reintegration directorate," the U.S. military said in a press release announcing the new program.

"Vocational training for detainees provides them skills and options so they can live long, peaceful lives," said Navy Vice Adm. Robert S. Harward, who heads the task force in charge of detention operations.

In addition to vocational training, former insurgents will be offered civics courses.

The Parwan detention center is just a few miles from Bagram Air Base and was established as a model facility, in part to help counter reports of abuse at the Bagram detention facility.

A reporter for Time magazine, who visited the Parwan facility, described it as having "the feel of a new suburban YMCA." The Afghan government is expected to continue the vocational program at Parwan even after it assumes control of the Parwan facility.

The vocational program is part of the broader Afghanistan reintegration effort announced by Afghan President Hamid Karzai in January 2010. It received support from U.S. officials, including Ambassador Richard Holbrooke, who served as the special representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan until his death late last year.

But the ambitious plan was slow in getting off the ground, Holbrooke acknowledged last fall. "It is not yet operational because the government of Afghanistan has not yet gotten it up and running," he said, in response to a question from ABC News' Christiane Amanpour about how many Taliban had actually been reintegrated.

Estimates for the program's cost have run as high as $500 million.

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/05/us...ead-not-bombs/

http://www.thetakeaway.org/2010/nov/...grate-taliban/

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:59 PM
    Liked 797 Times in 382 Posts

Premium Member

Detainees may learn a trade in tailoring, agriculture or baking.

"Vocational training for detainees provides them skills and options so they can live long, peaceful lives," said Navy Vice Adm. Robert S. Harward, who heads the task force in charge of detention operations.

This is too retarded for words. Sounds like a lame SNL skit.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Premium Member

I baked you a yummy birthday cake infidel!!!!

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:10 AM
    Liked 6,702 Times in 3,721 Posts

Taliban prisoners should be placed in an oven, not taught how to use one.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post

I baked you a yummy birthday cake infidel!!!!

that made my day!...thanks
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    that made my day!...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Taliban prisoners should be placed in an oven, not taught how to use one.
    lol holy shit Mike tell us how you really feel

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

Yeah...might as well file this under the list of "Terrible ideas".

Why in the fuck would taliban detainees want to make bread??? If anything, I say we put 2 detainees in a isolation cell at a time, give them a gun with 2 rounds in and see if they feel like playing Russian roulette.
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Taliban Hangs 8-Year-Old Son of Afghan Policeman

HELMAND PROVINCE, Afghanistan – The eight-year-old son of an Afghan policeman was kidnapped and hanged by the Taliban, officials said, after his father refused their offer to swap places with him.

Hamid Karzai, the Afghan President, condemned the killing in Helmand Province as a "brutal and cowardly crime that is not acceptable in any religion or culture."

Afghan officials said the policeman's son was kidnapped in Gereshk, in the center of the province, last Tuesday. He was found strangled in a ditch on Friday.

Daoud Ahmadi, a spokesman for the provincial governor, said the insurgents phoned the boy's father and demanded that he surrender himself along with a number of weapons and a police pick-up truck.

The policeman, identified locally as Mohammad Daoud, worked as a driver for the local police commander in Gereshk and had access to their fleet of green Ford Rangers, The (London) Times reported.

However, locals said Daoud refused the Taliban demand without even realizing that his son was missing because he thought the call was a prank.

It was only later, when he went home and found the boy's mother in tears, that he realized the threats were real and raised the alarm.

Although it was not the first time children had been deliberately executed in Helmand, the Taliban denied responsibility and President Karzai blamed "terorrists" without naming the insurgents directly.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Taliban Attacking More Children

26 July 2011
    Zhari District, Kandahar Province, Afghanistan
    http://www.michaelyon-online.com/

Over the past several days there have been news stories here in Afghanistan about the Taliban strangling an 8-year-old boy. The reports say that his father refused to turn over a police vehicle to the enemy, and so they murdered his son. Late last night, a courageous Afghan journalist named Mustafa Kazemi emailed an image of the boy that Mustafa said had been murdered. Afghans are enraged. They hate this behavior as much as we do. The boy appears to have had his eyes gouged out before being strangled to death.

And so last night I walked to the Headquarters of 4-4CAV here in Zhari District, the most active district in Afghanistan at this time. I asked what was going on tonight. A noncommissioned officer filled me in on the day’s events. We had been in a minor ambush resulting in a slight injury and a damaged MRAP, so I knew about that one. But then he explained about a boy whom he said the Taliban forced to step on an IED just down the road from here. Apparently, according to Afghans, the Taliban may have been testing a new bomb made from a soda bottle. The boy’s name is Jalil, and our people estimate that Jalil is 6 to 8-years-old. Jalil was picking grapes with his brother when the Taliban, according to reporting, told the boy to step on the bomb. It blew off his right leg below the knee, leaving hamburger on the stump, and fractured his femur. Afghans brought Jalil to the nearby American base called COP Kolk, where 4-4CAV Soldiers treated him. A helicopter took Jalil and his father to Kandahar Airfield for advanced treatment.

I asked the Taliban spokesman for his take on this, and he emailed back that “It is enemy propaganda.” The evidence is against him.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

=VH=
    Favorite VH Song

=VH=
    Last Online

07.05.12 @ 08:05 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

White sand sure makes a tan look nice...

We can teach them how to make glass by heating sand to extreme high temperatures !

Last edited by Magic W. Meanstreet; 07.26.11 at 01:34 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Because nobody knows how to cook delicious food like the U.S. Army!

Don't read this.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post

26 July 2011

Over the past several days there have been news stories here in Afghanistan about the Taliban strangling an 8-year-old boy. The reports say that his father refused to turn over a police vehicle to the enemy, and so they murdered his son. Late last night, a courageous Afghan journalist named Mustafa Kazemi emailed an image of the boy that Mustafa said had been murdered. Afghans are enraged. They hate this behavior as much as we do. The boy appears to have had his eyes gouged out before being strangled to death.

And so last night I walked to the Headquarters of 4-4CAV here in Zhari District, the most active district in Afghanistan at this time. I asked what was going on tonight. A noncommissioned officer filled me in on the day’s events. We had been in a minor ambush resulting in a slight injury and a damaged MRAP, so I knew about that one. But then he explained about a boy whom he said the Taliban forced to step on an IED just down the road from here. Apparently, according to Afghans, the Taliban may have been testing a new bomb made from a soda bottle. The boy’s name is Jalil, and our people estimate that Jalil is 6 to 8-years-old. Jalil was picking grapes with his brother when the Taliban, according to reporting, told the boy to step on the bomb. It blew off his right leg below the knee, leaving hamburger on the stump, and fractured his femur. Afghans brought Jalil to the nearby American base called COP Kolk, where 4-4CAV Soldiers treated him. A helicopter took Jalil and his father to Kandahar Airfield for advanced treatment.

I asked the Taliban spokesman for his take on this, and he emailed back that “It is enemy propaganda.” The evidence is against him.
    They seem like normal folk. I think if we just talk to them about shit and how to act they will stop acting like they did...a thousand year ago. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post

26 July 2011

Any person/group/organisation that behaves in this manner is obviously not interested in any kind of peace or peaceful negotiation. they are intent on causing suffering to anyone or anything. we should stop messing around with this god foresaken country right now, pull out all our personel and just nuke it and when the dust settles nuke it again just to be sure. It may make us no better than them in the eyes of some, but atleast we've tried, they're unwilling to behave like human beings so we should remove them from existence like the cancers that they are.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!