Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:29 PM
    Liked 780 Times in 375 Posts

Premium Member

Default 20 Killed, 2 Beheaded at Koran-Burning Protest

UN workers killed in Afghan Koran protest
    Enraged over Florida Pastor Terry Jones Koran-burning armed protesters storm UN buildings in Northern Afghanistan.

KABUL, Afghanistan — Thousands of protesters angry over the burning of a Koran by a Florida pastor stormed a United Nations compound Friday in northern Afghanistan, killing at least 12 people.

Two UN workers were beheaded, Reuters reported. There were reports that the death toll was as high as 20.

The demonstration in Mazar-i-Sharif turned violent when some protesters grabbed weapons from the UN guards and opened fire, then mobbed buildings and set fires on the compound, officials said. Demonstrators also massed in Kabul and the western city of Herat.

The protest in Mazar-i-Sharif began when several hundred demonstrators gathered outside the UN mission's compound, choosing an obvious symbol of the international community's involvement in Afghanistan to denounce the Koran's destruction.

It turned violent when some protesters seized the guards' weapons and started shooting, then the crowds stormed the building, sending plumes of black smoke into the air.

Florida pastor Terry Jones and his obscure Dove World Outreach Center rose to notoriety last summer when he announced plans to burn the Koran on the ninth anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. The plan was widely denounced, and he initially canceled, only to go through with the act on March 20.

The burning drew little press coverage in the United States but made headlines in parts of the Middle East.

In a statement Friday, Jones called the killings “a very tragic and criminal action.”

“The United States government and the United Nations itself, must take immediate action,” he said. “Muslim dominated countries can no longer be allowed to spread their hate against Christians and minorities. They must alter the laws that govern their countries to allow for individual freedoms and rights, such as the right to worship, free speech, and to move freely without fear of being attacked or killed.”

US President Barack Obama condemned the attack "in the strongest possible terms", while UN chief Ban Ki-Moon said it was "an outrageous and cowardly attack against UN staff which cannot be justified under any circumstances".
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 6,815 Times in 3,564 Posts

Premium Member

I'm starting to believe that 2012 is real. Every day we get one step closer.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:21 PM
    Liked 18,089 Times in 8,937 Posts

This is how I would handle the Muslim world:

Ripley: "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

On Fire Eddie's Littler Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.14.17 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

“The United States government and the United Nations itself, must take immediate action,” he said. “Muslim dominated countries can no longer be allowed to spread their hate against Christians and minorities. They must alter the laws that govern their countries to allow for individual freedoms and rights, such as the right to worship, free speech, and to move freely without fear of being attacked or killed.”

This dick bag is not even smart enough to realize it was his hate spreading against Muslims that got these people killed.

The blood is on his hands too.

You're dealing with un-rational savages at best, why do you think provoking them would lead to ANY other outcome. They only understand religion as way of life and not a concept. So when you insult them, they get pissed off.

It doesn't make it right, but that's what happens. So now 12 people are dead because that asshole had to provoke the Muslim world.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:27 PM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

Its assholes vs assholes. Ten years and a few trillion spent in Afganastan,Iraq and now Libya with thousands of US lives and nothing has changed. Get out now. As far as this Florida pastor goes hes a nut too. This situation is a no win for both sides and the free world plus the Russians and Chinese will have to deal with this as a whole some day but the slaughter will be unimaginable.These same folks will not hesitate to use a nuke when they get it. It will pale to WW2.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Big Trouble
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:15 AM
    Liked 111 Times in 54 Posts

Fucking depressing...just hope we're not going to arm the rebel Libyans like we did the Afganis in the 80s and then end up having waste more lives with them

And what a douche this Pastor is...really helping the situation...reminds me of those Westboro Church A-holes

Fuck i'm going to look at some tits in the Beautiful Girls thread
    Kosovo Je Srbija

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Sad that innocent people were killed over something they had absolutely nothing to do with.

I'm not saying that dipshit pastor deserved to be killed but at least if he was you'd kind of be able to see the A-B correlation since it was he who burned the Koran not those UN workers.

Wonder if he would have burned it had he been in the Middle East as opposed to the US. Shithead.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:10 PM
    Liked 1,343 Times in 921 Posts

...and here you have a big example of why many of us refuse to get behind stupid ideas like "Draw Muhammad Day" - yeah, it may be your constitutional right to "draw Muhammad", but these people don't give a shit, and if they can't get to you to kill you, they're more than happy to kill 20 people in your stead. And I don't want to be one of those 20 people killed 'cause you felt you had to exercise your constitutional right. Some things are worth dying for, cartoons of Muhammad aren't among them.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

It's a pity. We have such potential as a race. We could be so much more than we are. Yet most of the planet continues to allow religious insecurities rule their mindset. Killing one another in the name of imaginary beings and warped dogma.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:05 PM
    Liked 704 Times in 386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    This is how I would handle the Muslim world:

Ripley: "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."
    Just the Muslims, huh?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    It's a pity. We have such potential as a race. We could be so much more than we are. Yet most of the planet continues to allow religious insecurities rule their mindset. Killing one another in the name of imaginary beings and warped dogma.
    Bang on LL!

You've got Allah in the east, you've got Jesus in the west.

Christ, what's a man to do?
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by hagarfn View Post
    Bang on LL!

You've got Allah in the east, you've got Jesus in the west.

Christ, what's a man to do
    ?
    True. True.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    ...and here you have a big example of why many of us refuse to get behind stupid ideas like "Draw Muhammad Day" - yeah, it may be your constitutional right to "draw Muhammad", but these people don't give a shit, and if they can't get to you to kill you, they're more than happy to kill 20 people in your stead. And I don't want to be one of those 20 people killed 'cause you felt you had to exercise your constitutional right. Some things are worth dying for, cartoons of Muhammad aren't among them.
    Well said. Even though I do believe it's complete and utter lunacy to want to kill somebody for drawing a cartoon of your god or for burning your holy book.

And I do believe that it is our/their right to be able to draw a cartoon or burn a book, if they want to. But there has to be a little voice in their heads saying, "There are Americans over in Afghanistan right now. If I burn this book, who are these crazy fucks going to target? Me or the people who are right on their doorstep?"
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:11 PM
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    yup

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:21 PM
    Liked 18,089 Times in 8,937 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Just the Muslims, huh?
    No, but with the topic at hand I thought it would be a good place to start.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!