Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

Default So..after this..u think Sam n Mike coming back home ?

..Just a thought..anybody see the pattern ?
    ..In 1984 Van Halen Jumped Panama
    Topped Jimmy & Dropped Dead Legs
    ..Ill Wait in this House of Pain with the
    Girl Gone Bad while I am really Hot for Teacher..

..Think it was easy ?..you stare at an album
    Cover that long..

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:23 PM
    Liked 6,828 Times in 3,570 Posts

Premium Member

Well, yes... absolutely without a doubt. You sir are definitely on to something here. I look forward to more on this subject.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 4,799 Times in 2,450 Posts

Premium Member

I don't think so and the reason is that in doing so, Mike and Ed would have to mend fences. That would require Eddie to ask Mike for his forgiveness and i am not sure if Eddie can or is willing to do that. You also have to realize that Sam's book, right or wrong will open up new wounds which over time will heal but that healing process hasn't started yet. At least whatever happened in 2004 was 7 years ago. By the time that amount of time has passed because of Sammy's book, Sam will be 70.

I think after this venture with Dave, you will most likely won't see much from EVH. They will do a tour, make some money and then will call it a day with Dave. Maybe if he can accept playing to smaller venues you may see him and Alex doing a different project or possibly VH with a 4th singer. However I think the days of big tours will be finished.

I also think why would Sam and Mike want to work with the guy? In CF or his solo career, Sam calls the shots. Why share that power with Eddie and Alex?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

09.02.14 @ 09:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They WILL be back in at some point and here is why...Greed. This band has been through everything and I guarrantee at some point the money pressure will just be too damn high for Ed and Alex to pass up and we will see a FULL reunion with both Dave, Sammy and Mike for a one time show or tour. Think back to 2002 how insane it was to even conceive that Dave and Sammy would tour together, yet, it happened!!

According to Sammy's book, all Ed and Al care about is money because they are always in such financial distress. The potential dollar figure for such a tour will be too tempting for them to pass up!

It will happen before Sammy is 70!

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,320 Times in 3,176 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by the van baron View Post
    ..Just a thought..anybody see the pattern ?
    Yes. Then VH will ride off into the sunset, again.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Well by accounts we have gotten from VHND that if things are going great in the studio and that Ed and Dave are getting along (ie: Ed stays sober and Dave has toned it down) then I don't see any reason for Ed wanting to work with Sam again. Mike, possibly if Wolfie pushed his dad for it but I think that at this point Mike and Sam are kind of a package deal like Ed and Al always have been.

I would like to at least see all of them just get together and mend some of the fences a bit and do a tribute to themselves and have (at least) a "one off" show and either have it on PPV or VH 1 classic or something to do they HOF thing the right way.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

VHI and F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One/Humans Being
    Last Online

03.28.12 @ 09:49 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon View Post
    Well by accounts we have gotten from VHND that if things are going great in the studio and that Ed and Dave are getting along
    Get your facts straight man, there has been absolutely no reports on those two things.
    Don't regret the rules I broke
    when I die
    Bury me in smoke

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:26 PM
    Liked 6,685 Times in 3,707 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon View Post
    Well by accounts we have gotten from VHND that if things are going great in the studio and that Ed and Dave are getting along (ie: Ed stays sober and Dave has toned it down) then .
    where did you read this?

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenshoes View Post
    Get your facts straight man, there has been absolutely no reports on those two things.
    and I quote

"Label TBD” This matches up perfectly with what we heard from a trusted source at the beginning of March – that the recording process is going great and the band is starting to mix the new tracks"

OK I guess the part of Ed and dave getting along is speculation on my part since the recording is going "great"
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:24 PM
    Liked 538 Times in 321 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I also think why would Sam and Mike want to work with the guy? In CF or his solo career, Sam calls the shots. Why share that power with Eddie and Alex?
    I don't know whether it will ever happen, but I can give you 4 reasons each would do it.

For Sam -

1. Because Sam has never said a bad word (that I'm aware of) about a sober Eddie Van Halen. So there's no reason to think he wouldn't work with a sober Ed.

2. The best work Sam has ever done in his life was done with Ed. So until one is dead, Chickenfoot steps it up a notch, or Sam decides to "retire" from trying to do his best work, the door will remain open.

3. He's a business man, and that reunion, if done with a sober Ed, would mean some serious CASH.

4. And, because he said he was open to it in an interview, that 90% chance comment...

For Mike:

1. Because if Sam does it, he'll do it. Even if it's with Dave, if he was asked I think he'd do it for the fans, for closure, at minimum.

2. Because we have yet to hear him really knock Ed - so we really don't have a clue as to what he thinks.

3. Because he spent the better part of his life with those guys. You think he doesn't know Ed's foibles? You think he doesn't know Ed's an insecure guy with no social skills? You think he wouldn't respond positively to Ed saying "hey, sorry about that, I just wanted to play with my kid, and I didn't know how to handle that, especially not when I was drinking"? And that's assuming he wouldn't simply take being asked back as the apology, and not even require it be spoken...

4. $
    Last edited by jrk5150; 03.31.11 at 09:37 AM.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    where did you read this?
    He dreamt it and was told in his sleep to pass it off as fact
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:23 PM
    Liked 6,828 Times in 3,570 Posts

Premium Member

Maybe it's just me, but what the fuck are some of you guys talking about today?!? This thread is sliding all over the friggen road.

EDIT: Oops! I thought I was in the Eddie Trunk thread. No wonder it didn't make any sense.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:26 PM
    Liked 6,685 Times in 3,707 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZachenFoot View Post
    He dreamt it and was told in his sleep to pass it off as fact
    sounds about right.

I love Eddymon math:

I hear a rumour that the album is almost done = Eddie's not drinking and Dave's ego is gone.

Other notable Eddymon equations:

Someone at work said my new haircut is nice = I can pickup Angelina Jolie

I hit a free throw and won a price at a local amusment park = I could probably start in the NBA if I practiced a little.

I setup a wireless network in my house = I'm smarter than Bill Gates.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.13.12 @ 05:20 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrk5150 View Post

For Mike:

1. Because if Sam does it, he'll do it. Even if it's with Dave, if he was asked I think he'd do it for the fans, for closure, at minimum.

2. Because we have yet to hear him really knock Ed - so we really don't have a clue as to what he thinks.

3. Because he spent the better part of his life with those guys. You think he doesn't know Ed's foibles? You think he doesn't know Ed's an insecure guy with no social skills? You think he wouldn't respond positively to Ed saying "hey, sorry about that, I just wanted to play with my kid, and I didn't know how to handle that, especially not when I was drinking"? And that's assuming he wouldn't simply take being asked back as the apology, and not even require it be spoken...

4. $
    Assuming the Van Halens would ever go there, I think Mike would need more than "I'm Sorry". Mike may not do a lot of talking but he knows he got jobbed and that EVH tried to publicly embarrass him. I think some very public grovelling would be required as well as everything they took in the previous deal being restored at a minimum. Mike has money and a good situation for himself. Why should / would he ever go back to the bullshit he put up with previously?

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:24 PM
    Liked 538 Times in 321 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
    Assuming the Van Halens would ever go there, I think Mike would need more than "I'm Sorry". Mike may not do a lot of talking but he knows he got jobbed and that EVH tried to publicly embarrass him. I think some very public grovelling would be required as well as everything they took in the previous deal being restored at a minimum. Mike has money and a good situation for himself. Why should / would he ever go back to the bullshit he put up with previously?
    Maybe. But neither one of us has any idea. Maybe you or I would need more than an "I'm sorry". But then again, I wouldn't have put up with what he has the whole time, so I can't use myself as a barometer, he's already put up with more shit than I'd take.

Mike swallowed a lot of shit for a lot of years and still hasn't said a peep. For all we know, he just doesn't give a damn about all that, he'd just be focused on something else, like closure, or Sam doing it, or money, or the fans, or whatever.

It would be a pretty major step for Mike to be asked back, just that act in and of itself would make a tremendous statement if you think about it. Frankly, from what little I know of Mike, he seems SO low maintenance that I just don't think he cares about all that. If he thought it would be good for the fans, I honestly think he'd work with them again. Permanently? Maybe not, but a tour or album? Yeah, I think he would. But again, I don't know him, so I could be 100% wrong.