Favorite VH Album

f.u.c.k.
    Favorite VH Song

cant get this stuff no more
    Last Online

02.02.14 @ 01:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default specials on hold?

well i wonder with all the problems going on in japan right now what is it gonna do to the specials? move the plant to a different country? jack up the prices on the ones already in the store here?? what ya think?

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

in light of whats happened in that part of the world, who really cares about guitars, i think theres bigger things to worry about...not trying to be an ass i just can't see a thread based on speculation and paranoia being of much use.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    in light of whats happened in that part of the world, who really cares about guitars, i think theres bigger things to worry about...not trying to be an ass i just can't see a thread based on speculation and paranoia being of much use.
    +1
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

Yes. Agreed. The last thing being discussed regarding Japan is guitars, and how it may inconvenience us.
    Not to hijack the thread here, and I don't mean to sound like I'm on a soapbox or anything......I know that's not what you meant starting this thread. I'm just real bitter. I was just on CNN, and stumbled on the comments to the story, over various pages, and what I find the most shocking about this disaster is just how fucking screwed western society is toward those in peril.
    Comments like:
    Is this still news? Move On.

F'n Japs? Is this payback for WWII? (Obviously regarding the nuclear crisis)

The only thing smellier than a living Asian is a dead rotting Asian ! Don't trust them. They're all snakes.

(re: lack of food and provisions) Aren't these people used to eating Ramen? Big Deal!

Finally getting what they deserve!

This won't affect the States...Most "Japanese" products are made in China anyway!

My Hummer wouldn't get washed away like those little riceburners, and I'm being condemned for my choice of vehicle? LMAO!!!

Were helping them? Guess my taxes just went up! Thanks Obama!

These were just a few jems among many. I know there's a lot of trolls, though I don't understand the concept, but Jesus! That just made me sick.
    Sure there were well wishers out there, but many were stomped on.

It's one thing to bash each other on relatively inane topics, but to be so self centered and arrogant........
    My coworker is Japanese, and got word Saturday that he has most likely lost Family. It just took me a bit off guard seeing that stuff.
    As you were linkers....and again, sorry...I just wasn't expecting that at all.
    Last edited by we die young; 03.14.11 at 03:45 PM.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

A lot of it is simple stupidity and reaching for the keyboard before thinking...the rest is just people being assholes.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:41 AM
    Liked 11,557 Times in 4,925 Posts

Just people doing the typical internet thing and not being accountable for anything they say.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Yeah.... I know. Thanks guys. It's just kinda shocking sometimes, ya know?
    I just have a hard time envisioning clicking the send button after typing that garbage, and actually feeling any sense of satisfaction doing so.
    It's the same on CBC here... just obnoxious hateful shit from people who've most likely never suffered more adversity than their cell service being less than adequate, or their latte order taking too long! The horror! Lol.

ehhhh.....Probably just get my online news off the links! Lot less chromosome deprived on here!

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

It is seriously best to avoid the comments section of ANY news website. Seriously. If you have the option to turn them off, do it. I know it's tempting sometimes--like driving by the scene of an accident--and you just want to look. Fight it. You'll become so cynical about things if you get even a small dose of those kinds of ignorant and shameless comments.

And, yeah, I agree that guitars are the last thing we need to be worried about at this point. The Japanese are a culture of people with a lot of pride in their efficiency and ability to work through problems. From reports I've heard from people there, that's evident in the way the general population is handling the crisis. I hope for the best for people more seriously affected by the earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear meltdowns.
    Last edited by AT; 03.14.11 at 07:50 PM.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

AT.....You're a class guy all the way!
    BTW... I rarely read comments for the very reasons you mentioned. i actually just got sucked in because i was looking for the CNN link for aid organisations, and one of those comments just stuck out like a sore thumb, then I read further. shouldn't have done it I know, but it really hit me in the gut. I know there's a lot of anger out there nowadays, and much of it is misdirected.
    Just hard to swallow.

Favorite VH Album

f.u.c.k.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thanks for answering my question. ya know your all a bunch of high road dicks!! I care what happened to those people but i think about other stuff too. Oh, but if brett would have asked the question ya'll woulda been right there sucking his dick! wtf ever!

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

07.12.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adamvhcornell View Post
    thanks for answering my question. ya know your all a bunch of high road dicks!! I care what happened to those people but i think about other stuff too. Oh, but if brett would have asked the question ya'll woulda been right there sucking his dick! wtf ever!
    Wow, way to stay classy.
    \m/ VH \m/

Favorite VH Album

f.u.c.k.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No really what a bunch of dicks! Its not like im sitting all fucking worried about those guitars. I was on here looking around and had that thought come up and figured id ask the question. No, hijack my thread so you can make yourself look all PC. Just forget i even asked!

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Ok...To answer your question...yeah! They'll be put on hold with just about everything else affected in the manufacturing/ port district. Don't think anyone was putting you down dude, or implying you were taking a low road... just pretty tough to say anything about how a multitude of products will be affected given the severe situation. Toyota, Honda/Acura, insurance companies, shipping companies...hell...just about everything driving commerce there is on hold. If making the point that they should at least be given a chance to count the dead, and wait for the ground to stop shaking with the tsunami sirens still going of every couple hours makes me a "high road dick".....so be it.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

No really what a bunch of dicks! Its not like im sitting all fucking worried about those guitars. I was on here looking around and had that thought come up and figured id ask the question. No, hijack my thread so you can make yourself look all PC. Just forget i even asked!
    whoa.....That's actually wrong. I was actually replying to your post and thought it would be cool to actually talk to you about your question. If you read my post, you'd see i said i know that's not where you were coming from. AND calling me PC?
    How's the fact that my wife is Japanese, worried about family and friends????? Saw the same comments I did? Coming from people who for all you know are your neighbors down the street.
    I mentioned the CNN comments as a comparison to yours.....not put you in the same category, so lighten up!!!!!
    PC......Fuck that.
    Last edited by we die young; 03.14.11 at 09:51 PM.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

You are WAY out of line here, man. You've got one remaining shot to prove yourself to be respectful around here. You pull this shit again and you're banned. Plain and simple.

Nobody was attacking you or trying to be "PC" or be all snotty high road. It's called etiquette, and you exercised little of it in your first post and absolutely NONE of it in your follow-up posts.