Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 04:35 AM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Father of Murdered 5-Year-Old Says He'll Make Sure Killer Suffers Same Fate

The father of a 5-year-old boy killed in 1975 is vowing to murder his son's killer if the man is released, as scheduled, several years early from a 40-year sentence.

John Foreman said in an interview Monday with WPRO-AM radio that he will kill convicted murderer Michael Woodmansee "as aggressively and as painfully" as he killed his son if Woodmansee is released from prison early.

Woodmansee, who was 16 years old at the time, kidnapped and killed Jason Foreman in 1975 in South Kingstown, R.I. He confessed and was convicted of second-degree murder eight years later.

Jason Foreman was presumed to be missing until 1982, when Woodmansee tried to lure another boy into his home. The boy escaped and police began to question Woodmansee about Foreman's disappearance.

Authorities found the boy's skull and bones on Woodmansee's , along with a journal that detailed the gruesome killing. John Foreman told the radio station that Woodmansee wrote about eating his son's flesh in the journal.

"That's what he thinks about. That's what is still on his mind I'm sure, if gets out again, to do this again,"
    Foreman said.

Woodmansee pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in 1983 and was sentenced to 40 years in jail. This was part of a plea bargain meant to spare the Foreman family from hearing the details of their son's death.

But Woodmansee is set to be released 12 years earlier than was previously expected, the Providence Journal reports, sparking outrage from the Foreman family.

"I do intend, if this man is released anywhere in my vicinity, or if I can find him after the fact, I do intend to kill this man," Foreman told the radio station.

Amy Kempe, a spokeswoman for Attorney General Peter Kilmartin, said in a statement Monday that he was concerned and outraged about Woodmansee's scheduled release, and said he was urging the Department of Corrections to consider all avenues available to keep him behind bars. Kempe said the office would work with the Department of Corrections to review all legal options available.

Patricia Coyne-Fague, chief legal counsel for the Department of Corrections, said Monday she had not yet heard from the attorney general's office, but that typically the only way an inmate can lose good time he's earned for early release is if he misbehaves.

She explained that Woodmansee is eligible for early release under a longstanding law, first put in place in 1872, and last significantly changed in 1960. That law allowed Woodmansee to earn up to 10 days off his sentence for every month he behaved. Because he also had a job in prison, he was eligible to receive up to two additional days per month off his sentence for every month he worked at least 15 days, she said.

For his own protection, Woodmansee served nearly all of the last 28 years of his sentence in prisons in Massachusetts instead of Rhode Island, but returned to the state last week, the newspaper said.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 10 Posts

This guy killed a 5 year old boy, ate his flesh, and now they want to let him out 12 years early for good behavior?

This man should never, ever, see the light of day again.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

for his own protection they moved him to Mass, and now he's back in RI...I hope those prisoners in RI have long memories.

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Last Online

05.31.12 @ 11:07 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I read this post and found related articles on the same...

I can't say I don't agree with the father, and as a father myself, if anyone did anything to my kids, I would make it my goal in life to right that wrong at all costs. I cannot imagine what this poor man goes through day in and day out, haunted by those events. Someone killing a kid in such a horrific manner, it makes me wonder why in hell anyone agreed to allow this guy to get away with a sentence anything less than life or the death penalty. I think I read it was part of some plea agreement, so that the family (father) would not hear or know of the gruesome details surrounding the death of their son. So this monster gets 40 years, and then is allowed to further reduce that while in prison for good behavior and work. However the details of their son's death is known, unless there is more we aren't seeing in the article, so I question the agreement made, because obviously the family knows what happened.

The other part I wonder about...eliminate the good behavior points, keep this guy in for his full sentence. In another 12 years, are we reading stories of this guy's release, stories of how the father will kill him then?

Is this guy, even after 40 years anyone that is remotely able to be rehabilitated? I mean really...this is someone who killed and ate a kid, then kept the bones in his bureau at his house. He was caught for this while in the act of trying to do probably the same thing to another boy. I look at the recent event in Massachusetts, a police officer killed by a former prisoner who was released early by the parole board, while committing a crime. Rehabilitated? Not in this case, and I can't see how anyone who does something as horrific as this guy did is capable to process what he did and honestly say he is changed. I don't buy it. Even if he was rehabilitated, I do not see how this guy could ever be part of society. I don't see how anyone would ever accept this man as someone who learned his lesson and is on a fresh start. Any release, sorry, this guy is just going to do it again. And if the father does decide to follow through with his threat, I can't imagine a father out there who won't sympathize with him.

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Well, I, for one, applaud the father's intentions! It would be great if he succeeded in achieving his goal and also if the authorities just kinda swept this case under the rug.

This fucker should have been put to death in the first place.
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 12:31 AM
    Liked 93 Times in 37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    This fucker should have been put to death in the first place.
    Agreed, and in the cruelest, most inhumane method possible.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donkost View Post
    Agreed, and in the cruelest, most inhumane method possible.
    This made me think of the film "Law Abiding Citizen".

*VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED*

Posted from yo' mama's house.

Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:56 AM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

I feel for this guy and his thirst for revenge. Unfortunately, he will not be able to bring his son back. That being said, if he is going to off him, he'd better be stealthy and make it quick, like a snap of the neck, a slitting of the throat, or a sniper shot, lest law enforcement saves that sick bastard's life before he gets a chance to take him out. Then the father will be in prison while that vile sonofabitch is walking free, himself a victim in the eyes of the law.
    Last edited by Rokgtar; 03.08.11 at 05:34 PM.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

There was a news piece on several years ago where a father shot a man suspected of killing his child. I believe the father planned his attack at an airport where the suspect was being brought thru. That dad acted like he was using a pay phone, and when the police brought the suspect by him he turned and shot him. It was on film because I believe a news crew was filming the suspect. Does anyone remember that?
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 12:31 AM
    Liked 93 Times in 37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
    This made me think of the film "Law Abiding Citizen".
    LOL, a little more elaborate than I envisioned but a good clip nonetheless.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:05 PM
    Liked 1,488 Times in 1,017 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    The father of a 5-year-old boy killed in 1975 is vowing to murder his son's killer if the man is released, as scheduled, several years early from a 40-year sentence.

John Foreman said in an interview Monday with WPRO-AM radio that he will kill convicted murderer Michael Woodmansee "as aggressively and as painfully" as he killed his son if Woodmansee is released from prison early.

Woodmansee, who was 16 years old at the time, kidnapped and killed Jason Foreman in 1975 in South Kingstown, R.I. He confessed and was convicted of second-degree murder eight years later.

Jason Foreman was presumed to be missing until 1982, when Woodmansee tried to lure another boy into his home. The boy escaped and police began to question Woodmansee about Foreman's disappearance.

Authorities found the boy's skull and bones on Woodmansee's , along with a journal that detailed the gruesome killing. John Foreman told the radio station that Woodmansee wrote about eating his son's flesh in the journal.

"That's what he thinks about. That's what is still on his mind I'm sure, if gets out again, to do this again,"
    Foreman said.

Woodmansee pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in 1983 and was sentenced to 40 years in jail. This was part of a plea bargain meant to spare the Foreman family from hearing the details of their son's death.

But Woodmansee is set to be released 12 years earlier than was previously expected, the Providence Journal reports, sparking outrage from the Foreman family.

"I do intend, if this man is released anywhere in my vicinity, or if I can find him after the fact, I do intend to kill this man," Foreman told the radio station.

Amy Kempe, a spokeswoman for Attorney General Peter Kilmartin, said in a statement Monday that he was concerned and outraged about Woodmansee's scheduled release, and said he was urging the Department of Corrections to consider all avenues available to keep him behind bars. Kempe said the office would work with the Department of Corrections to review all legal options available.

Patricia Coyne-Fague, chief legal counsel for the Department of Corrections, said Monday she had not yet heard from the attorney general's office, but that typically the only way an inmate can lose good time he's earned for early release is if he misbehaves.

She explained that Woodmansee is eligible for early release under a longstanding law, first put in place in 1872, and last significantly changed in 1960. That law allowed Woodmansee to earn up to 10 days off his sentence for every month he behaved. Because he also had a job in prison, he was eligible to receive up to two additional days per month off his sentence for every month he worked at least 15 days, she said.

For his own protection, Woodmansee served nearly all of the last 28 years of his sentence in prisons in Massachusetts instead of Rhode Island, but returned to the state last week, the newspaper said.
    Don't you just love the justice system?

I'm feeling and more optimistic for this countries future everyday!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Two words: Dexter Morgan.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hagarfn View Post
    There was a news piece on several years ago where a father shot a man suspected of killing his child. I believe the father planned his attack at an airport where the suspect was being brought thru. That dad acted like he was using a pay phone, and when the police brought the suspect by him he turned and shot him. It was on film because I believe a news crew was filming the suspect. Does anyone remember that?

The guy didn't kill the child. He kidnapped and sexually abused him. Not trying to pick hairs.
    Last edited by MF5150; 03.08.11 at 09:43 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post

The guy didn't kill the child. He kidnapped and sexually abused him. Not trying to pick hairs.
    the guy should have been given a medal, not 5 years probation.
    speaking as a father of 3 i would not hesitate for a moment if someone harmed or killed one of my children, i would show them no mercy whatsoever and i would do my best to make their death as long and as painful as possible.
    i also think that anyone convicted of killing or sexually abusing anyone under the age of 18, without provocation, should be taken from the court and have a bullet inserted into the back of their brains, no death row, no appeal, just instant death. That being said, the evidence would have to be 100% perfect with zero degree of error. But i think it would work as a deterant.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 05:01 AM
    Liked 1,886 Times in 1,103 Posts

I totally agree with the father here. I don't blame him one bit for feeling like he does and hope he gets justice one way or another for his son.