Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

Default Lighting In A Bottle

Hey guys.
    Just thought I'd post something fun in the guitar room for the gearheads!
    I dabble in photography, and today I installed some new power tubes in my 5150 head. I've been burning them in, so when I turned out the room lights, I noticed that nice bright, clean "new tube glow". Thought it looked kinda cool, so broke out the ol' Nikon and snapped a couple shots and enhanced them. Turned out real nice.
    I know this could probably go somewhere else like the gear pics area, but I thought maybe this could be a cool thread idea. Take unusual snaps of your gear in unique creative ways that and post 'em.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by we die young; 03.05.11 at 07:13 PM.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Awesome! I actually just did the same thing the other day with my 5150 when I was taking promo shots for my studio's website! Mine don't look quite as bright, but I used the 15 second exposure on my camera and it worked out pretty well!

I'll have to post them sometime soon, since the website isn't ready for upload yet.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    Awesome! I actually just did the same thing the other day with my 5150 when I was taking promo shots for my studio's website! Mine don't look quite as bright, but I used the 15 second exposure on my camera and it worked out pretty well!

I'll have to post them sometime soon, since the website isn't ready for upload yet.
    Thanks man! yeah....just one of those spur of the moment things. These are some new JJ 6L6GC's. I was reading online yesterday that the newer ones from mid 2010 were a little richer sounding, and they do seem to be. I didn't really expect to much difference in sound from the usual Ruby's but these do seem a little smoother with more warmth and tighter response. mre percussive than the Ruby's. Actually remind me very much of when this amp was brand new back in '91.
    BTW MRJ, I got these at that shop we were talking about yesterday.
    IMHO, the value was great. I got the four 6L6's, eight 12ax7's for replacements/spares, and one 12at7 which I bought for my tube mic pre all for $146.52 Can. which is pretty damn good not going through the internet.

All JJ though. They do say on their site that they have numerous brands, but they only had JJ for new stock, and as for brands like Mullard, Phillips, Sylvania....they were pretty esoteric tubes. Real single purpose specific. Too bad. Anyway.....got a good deal, so can't complain, and I get to play around with my pre, so all in all, pretty happy.
    Guess I'll have to try the TubeStore, or Eurotubes again for the real sought after Mullards and Telefunkens.
    Cheers.
    J

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Actually, I just got my new homepage up earlier than expected, so you can take a look at some.... interesting gear pics if you'd like, including the tube one. Just go to the page and take your mouse off of the main pictures and it will scroll thru on its own.

http://www.mrjguitars.com/mrjstudioshome.html

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Hey MRJ! Cool Homepage!