Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 07:31 AM
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

Default Wolfgang Stealth

So, I'm thinking about buying a Wolfgang Stealth.

I'm a little hesitant thought because I think it's overpriced at the moment. I'm thinking it might be better to let some of the NAMM mojo wear off, and see if the price comes down some.

I don't want to overpay for it and then 3 or 4 years from now see them going for $1100.
    www.facebook.com/revery
    If you like cool, rock music, check out REVERY. We've put out two albums, and an EP. We were signed back in '06 and toured the US (our single Popstar Wedding was all over the radio back then). Our latest album, Adora De Phonic is available on Itunes, Amazon, etc.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 08:19 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

I think it's a cool looking guitar!

It's not "my thing", and not usually what I go for, but maybe that's why I'm drawn to it.

I bet Fletcher or one of those guys could cook up something comparable for a more reasonable price, and equal playability.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Equal playability???

I bet they could blow the Wolfgang Stealth out of the water...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

07.12.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

The original EVH Wolfgangs have been out for a few years and they sell for $1000 less on ebay. If you find a Stealth I am sure you could haggle the price down. I know some stores sell Wolfgangs for less than list price.
    \m/ VH \m/

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:04 PM
    Liked 460 Times in 200 Posts

Its a sweet guitar no doubt about it. I kinda feel the same way as the other guys. If you can either a) hang in there for a while and see if the price drops a bit and shop for the best price or, b) catch one on the bay or through a local shop and wheel and deal.

Keep us posted,

Rob

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

if I liked the way wolfgangs played, this would be the one I would get... love it.
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:16 PM
    Liked 93 Times in 37 Posts

I got into this "stealth" sort of thing a few years ago and picked up this from Rich at ibanezrules.com:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/i...E-GK-03891.jpg

It's an Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z, made in Japan. I'm not trying to covert anyone and it's my only Ibanez, but this is a really versatile guitar. In addition to the obvious styles you can play (like metal which I don't do personally anyway), it is super for classic rock and can even get twangy/Strat-like on positions 2 and 4 of the 5 way switch (using the single coil in the middle). I paid $1100 when the guitar was new back in '08 along with a full pro setup by Rich. Musician's Friend has an outrageous deal on the RG2550E now for $699. They are presently out of stock but after the next batch arrives that will supposedly be it for this special deal. The "E" model has the Edge Pro bridge which many people prefer anyway and my "Z" model has the Edge Zero bridge. The Edge Zero bridge has a ZPS stop bar which returns the trem back to a zero point. It's a neat gadget but not needed if you know how to setup a Floyd-style bridge.

As I said, I'm not trying to convert anyone who is interested in a Wolfgang, but this Galaxy Black RG2550Z perfectly fulfills my stealth needs.

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by donkost View Post
    I got into this "stealth" sort of thing a few years ago and picked up this from Rich at ibanezrules.com:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/i...E-GK-03891.jpg

It's an Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z, made in Japan. I'm not trying to covert anyone and it's my only Ibanez, but this is a really versatile guitar. In addition to the obvious styles you can play (like metal which I don't do personally anyway), it is super for classic rock and can even get twangy/Strat-like on positions 2 and 4 of the 5 way switch (using the single coil in the middle). I paid $1100 when the guitar was new back in '08 along with a full pro setup by Rich. Musician's Friend has an outrageous deal on the RG2550E now for $699. They are presently out of stock but after the next batch arrives that will supposedly be it for this special deal. The "E" model has the Edge Pro bridge which many people prefer anyway and my "Z" model has the Edge Zero bridge. The Edge Zero bridge has a ZPS stop bar which returns the trem back to a zero point. It's a neat gadget but not needed if you know how to setup a Floyd-style bridge.

As I said, I'm not trying to convert anyone who is interested in a Wolfgang, but this Galaxy Black RG2550Z perfectly fulfills my stealth needs.
    as most on here know, your speaking my language now
    If money was no object though, I would get that wolfgang, I think its beautiful
    Last edited by Mikey Metalhead; 02.26.11 at 08:32 PM.
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:16 PM
    Liked 93 Times in 37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Metalhead View Post
    as most on here know, your speaking my language now
    If money was no object though, I would get that wolfgang, I think its beautiful
    LOL, when I saw your avatar pics flashing by, I was counting the minutes until your next reply after mine. I know a lot of classic rock types of guitarists who might be into Gibson, Fender, even Peavey, etc. have a mental block against purchasing an Ibanez. I know that I did for many years, but they're super versatile guitars. The Japanese workmanship on the Prestige line, especially in the finishing of the neck, is fantastic. I even left in the Dimarzio/IBZ pickups as I have no problem with them that my amp and effect settings can't overcome.

Now with me, if money were no object I'd go for that Wolfgang "Les Paul" clone model. I'm drawn to that one from the NAMM show for some reason, but I still have a beautiful '88 Les Paul Custom so the bases are covered for that style of guitar.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

03.14.12 @ 03:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jape Man View Post
    So, I'm thinking about buying a Wolfgang Stealth.

I'm a little hesitant thought because I think it's overpriced at the moment. I'm thinking it might be better to let some of the NAMM mojo wear off, and see if the price comes down some.

I don't want to overpay for it and then 3 or 4 years from now see them going for $1100.
    I saw it up close at Namm , it is sweet, didn't have a chance to play it but I'll say this, how many guitars did you buy in your life because of the price point, or was it because you just couldn't live without them? You can't put a price on time. You could be playing it rather than dreaming about it They may never make that many of them either.

my 2 cents.

Eruption
    Last Online

Well, I bought it. I was able to get it down to $2400 shipped. It's a lot, but I really, really like this guitar. If for some reason, down the road, I fall out of love with it, I'll let it go and buy something else, but I have a feeling it'll be a keeper. I have a EVH Musicman, and although I don't play it much these days, it's a keeper as well.

I already have a great Les Paul, Strat, Tele, Super strat, and Frankenstrat, and a few mutts. The EVH Wolfgang is going to be a great addition!
    www.facebook.com/revery
    If you like cool, rock music, check out REVERY. We've put out two albums, and an EP. We were signed back in '06 and toured the US (our single Popstar Wedding was all over the radio back then). Our latest album, Adora De Phonic is available on Itunes, Amazon, etc.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

07.12.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

I had a feeling you would be able to get the price down. Post some pics once you get it.
    \m/ VH \m/

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Very cool. I hope it's an awesome guitar.

I, too, am inexplicably drawn to this version of the EVH Wolf. Black is usually kind of boring--I've always preferred a figured top. I'll take chrome hardware over black or gold every time. And ebony is prone to all kind of problems with expanding and contracting. All that being said, I still LOVE the look of the stealth EVH. Just a great looking axe.

Eruption
    Last Online

The ebony neck did it for me. The killer flat black and black floyd helped, but the neck is just killer. My last ebony fingerboard was on a Kramer Nightswan, and I really liked it. For some reason, I've played maple and rosewood since then (10 years or more).

I'll post pics soon!
    www.facebook.com/revery

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jape Man View Post
    The ebony neck did it for me. The killer flat black and black floyd helped, but the neck is just killer. My last ebony fingerboard was on a Kramer Nightswan, and I really liked it. For some reason, I've played maple and rosewood since then (10 years or more).

I'll post pics soon!
    Oil that neck REGULARLY, lest you end up with a crack through it in a couple of years!