Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:45 AM
    Liked 2,234 Times in 1,352 Posts

Default Billy Ray Cyrus "Hannah Montana ruined my family"

Goes right back to the basics.....you have to be a parent first and your child's friend second and NEVER your child's employee. I give the guy credit for taking responsibility for it (albeit too late) and tearing the lid off the fantasy that Disney has marketed. but I can see where the pressures of that business can cloud your judgement

Ironic that the show was about a family protecting a child star from the pressures of fame and finding a way to allow her to have a normal life...too bad the family didn't pick up any tips while reading the scripts

If I'm not mistaken, her series ended with the character giving it all up to go to college.....unlikely to happen to the real life counterpart, but I found it interesting that recently Janet Jackson said her biggest regret was not following thru with her plan to join her friends at Pepperdine University, but she was pressured to stay in the business

Billy Ray Cyrus: 'I'm Scared For Miley' In GQ

She's a teen idol, but Miley Cyrus has been less than Disney squeaky clean the last few years. And it's starting to scare her dad.

Billy Ray Cyrus, Miley's father -- both off camera and on, as he played her dad in "Hannah Montana" -- spoke with GQ in a long interview, talking about his daughter's frequent slipups (salvia smoking, pole dancing, numerous racy photos, amongst others) and saying that he's been helpless to control them. Even if he's getting blamed.

Saying that he often was cut out the process -- told that it not his business -- or protested by staying away -- Billy bemoaned the fact that he'd get pinned with the slipup, anyway -- they let him "take the bullet."

The mistake he made, he says, was trying to be too much of a friend to Miley -- and as a result, not being a better parent. Now, as a concerned parent, he feels helpless -- and even cites Michael Jackson, Anna Nicole Smith and his late friend Kurt Cobain as ultimate disasters that he hopes she'll avoid following.

"I'm scared for her. She's got a lot of people around her that's putting her in a great deal of danger," he said. "I know she's 18, but I still feel like as her daddy I'd like to try to help. Take care of her just a little bit, to at least get her out of danger. I want to get her sheltered from the storm. Stop the insanity just for a minute. When you go through what she's been through, it takes a beating on you."

Out here is living on his own, out of his family's house -- he's in the middle of a divorce from Miley's mom Tish, to whom he's been married for 18 years. The show, he said, drove a wedge between them all. The whole thing has been difficult on Miley, too, as she's said that the coverage of the family drama is "pushing her buttons."

Miley has also opened up about her scandals, claiming distance from her good girl Disney image.

"But I've never, ever claimed to be perfect," she told Marie Claire recently. "I mean, since I've started the show, I've always said, 'I'm gonna make mistakes.' I know this. And I think that that is one of the reasons why people related to me. Why kids related to me."

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/cele...#ixzz1E4XATkgW

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

The Cyrus family should go cry in a pile of their money.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Daisy - I agree. It takes a lot to admit your mistakes. No parent is perfect and it seems that he was trying to do the best that he could under the circumstances. I don't think any of us will know the kind of pressure and sneaky, backdoor dealings that a parent has to put up with if their child wants to be in show business. Is the answer not to have any children in show biz?? I doubt it. It will never go away seeing that this started way back when Shirley Temple came onto the scene.

Dakota Fanning comes to mind as a child star that seems to be handling it well. Taylor Lautner, Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez all appear to be handling the strain (LOL and I know a lot of these because I have an 11 and 9 year old). What is the difference? Maybe it's as simple as basic parenting styles. As Billy Ray said, he tried to be a friend rather than parent and that never works out.

I just hope that now he has said his side of the story, he does not continue to blast his child in the press. It will only drive her further away and the sense of betrayal will last forever.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

05.09.15 @ 09:17 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

I would feel bad for ole Billy Ray if this whole thing wasn't so friggin predictable. He should have known better. I remember when she was starting to get huge, all I could think was that she was going to be Britney Spears in 5 years.

That's what you get when you pimp your kids out.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,317 Times in 3,175 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    The Cyrus family should go cry in a pile of their money.
    No shit.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

04.27.16 @ 06:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What's with the Corn Pops???
    ***OFFCIAL TLW 8 VIRGIN/SURVIVOR!***

"Mean ass calendar!"-TST

"GYPSY DILDO PUNKS!"-Harry Dean Stanton

I'm Polish but I don't speak any of the language or know anything about it's culture other than getting mowed down by Hitler...-fast98dodge

My head is freshly shaven and I have cleaned the house before my departure-Viking preparing for TLW

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,317 Times in 3,175 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by gavs5150 View Post
    I would feel bad for ole Billy Ray if this whole thing wasn't so friggin predictable. He should have known better. I remember when she was starting to get huge, all I could think was that she was going to be Britney Spears in 5 years.

That's what you get when you pimp your kids out.
    I give it 5 years til she's in Hustler.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLassy View Post
    What's with the Corn Pops???
    they're delicious, that's what.....not magically delicious, but delicious nevertheless

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Saying that he often was cut out the process -- told that it not his business -- or protested by staying away -- Billy bemoaned the fact that he'd get pinned with the slipup, anyway -- they let him "take the bullet."

What a dickhead. Not your business? Your daughter? This chap lacks a spine and probably a set of cojones too. Final say is the parents'. He just played along because he was getting filthy rich and didn't want to rock the boat. Now that everyone has left him, he's playing victim.

What an embarrassing piece of soggy turd.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:47 AM
    Liked 18,128 Times in 8,952 Posts

^^^
    | | |

Agreed, I have a hard time feeling sorry for a guy that had been in the business for twenty plus years and didn't know better. History is full of guys who should have known better but took the money.

That would be like being the head of the Treasury Department and knowingly cheating on your taxes...oh wait.

That would be like being the Non-Executive Chairman of the NASDAQ and running the largest Ponzi scheme in history...oh wait.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:02 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    What a dickhead. Not your business? Your daughter? This chap lacks a spine and probably a set of cojones too. Final say is the parents'. He just played along because he was getting filthy rich and didn't want to rock the boat. Now that everyone has left him, he's playing victim.
    I agree with this. I also think it's a chickenbleep move on his part for him to run to GQ to whine now. This seems like such a "I give up" move to me. I mean, he can still step up and be a parent. His daughter isn't a 50 year old cocaine addicted skid row recluse. Same with his marriage. He blew it but how much is he really trying to fix everything? Doesn't look like he's trying too hard by playing the blame game and then running off to GQ to label himself as a victim. I'm glad he's taking accountability to a degree but, Geez man, do something.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post

What an embarrassing piece of soggy turd.
    Dr Drew had a comment on the situation....he said he knew Billy Ray and basically said one of the guys problems is that he is this really nice, laid back kind of guy who doesn't really get worked up and took for granted that people where doing the right things until, as BR said in the interview....he didn't know the ball was out of play until it was way up in the stands somewhere..

every parent goes thru this.....SUDDENLY your kid is 18 and on their own and you have no legal right to say NO.....and if you were someone who wasn't good at saying no in the first place, and compound that with your 18 year old is a Hollywood bajillionaire, owns her own house, and has already displayed some questionable decision making..........well, it's the stuff of a parents worst nightmares....I'm sure he is reacting out of frustration, regret, fear and loss.......

I give him credit for being honest about his mistakes

think of it this way....in Hollywood you have a fight between Billy Ray Cyrus and Disney......who's gonna win that fight every time?

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

04.28.16 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Can't say I feel sorry for the guy at all. He certainly didn't seem to have any problem with any of what was going on when he was riding high on Hannah Montana. Now that she's on her own and he's not getting any spotlight time, all of a sudden he's feeling moral?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm not feeling sorry for the guy. Of all people he would be an expert on sudden fame, so how could he not factor in the affects of fame on a teenager? Why sell your soul when you can sell your daughter's instead?

He shouldn't worry, she'll be joining him on the county fair circuit sooner or later.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Last Online

08.16.15 @ 10:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's ok. Soon she'll have a sex tape out, be strung out on drugs, and having judges taking it soft on her when she should get the kitchen sink for her 15th law violation ... and then we'll get to hear about her on news every other 15 minutes even when she is no longer relevant to anyone.

*sigh*