Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

05.26.17 @ 11:48 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Default Nissan Leaf = Range Anxiety!

Read this before putting down any cash for these Al Gore specials! (Not that Al would ever drive one)

http://www.mysanantonio.com/business...ve-1007422.php

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:05 AM
    Liked 1,384 Times in 759 Posts

I don't see the link with Al Gore. He was never in the car business, as far as I know. However if these cars will lessen our dependance on foreign oil from countries that have been known to fund terrorists in the past, I would say that driving one is your patriotic duty, and not driving one is positively unamerican!
    Last edited by Little Dreamer; 02.14.11 at 10:30 PM.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

I've often wondered how much more my electric bill would be if I actually had one of these cars. Something tells me that it might be cheaper to stick with gas powered vehicles for the time being.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    I've often wondered how much more my electric bill would be if I actually had one of these cars. Something tells me that it might be cheaper to stick with gas powered vehicles for the time being.
    and far more environmentally friendly too. these 'eco' cars are horrible to both produce and dispose of, sure they might be slightly more efficient when in use, but the manufacture and disposal of them (specifically the Prius) is far worse than a regular car, if i remember correctly, research showed that an old Dodge pickup made sometime in the 50's produced less harmful emissions in its life on the road than one prius made while it was being disposed of, and the manufacturing process for the batteries alone was even worse. so don't buy one thinking you're doing the planet a favour, because you're guilty of killing more polar bears than i am with my 3 regular cars!

note: i will try to find the report that i got this info from and post it.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    and far more environmentally friendly too. these 'eco' cars are horrible to both produce and dispose of, sure they might be slightly more efficient when in use, but the manufacture and disposal of them (specifically the Prius) is far worse than a regular car, if i remember correctly, research showed that an old Dodge pickup made sometime in the 50's produced less harmful emissions in its life on the road than one prius made while it was being disposed of, and the manufacturing process for the batteries alone was even worse. so don't buy one thinking you're doing the planet a favour, because you're guilty of killing more polar bears than i am with my 3 regular cars!

note: i will try to find the report that i got this info from and post it.
    Good stuff, Tom! Environment friendly, my ass!
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

10.16.17 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts

Premium Member

Good stuff, Tom! Environment friendly, my ass!

Don't you get it?!?!?!?!

Polar bears are lining up to hug the fine, upstanding patriots that are brave enough to buy an overpriced car(from a French owned company) that will cause more pollution in the form of coal-produced energy than its gas chugging counterpart?

We OWE it to our children, their children and their childrens' children to buy at least two of them now DAMNIT!!!

Please do something before its too late...
    "Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women."
    Quint- Boat Captain
    --------------------------------------------------

"As God as my witness...I thought turkeys could fly"
    Arthur Carlson- Radio Station GM
    --------------------------------------------------

"I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park, and you wanna bail out! Well, I'll tell you something, this is no longer a vacation . . . it's a quest! It's a quest for fun! I'm gonna have fun, and you're gonna have fun! We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our Goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-da out of your assholes! "
    Clark W. Griswold- Food Additive Designer
    ---------------------------------------------------

VIVA TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND!
    Round I = Done!
    Round II = Done!
    Round III = Done!
    Round IV = Done!
    Round V = Done!
    Round VI = Done!
    Round VII = Done!
    Round VIII = Done!

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy 150 View Post

Don't you get it?!?!?!?!

Polar bears are lining up to hug the fine, upstanding patriots that are brave enough to buy an overpriced car(from a French owned company) that will cause more pollution in the form of coal-produced energy than its gas chugging counterpart?

We OWE it to our children, their children and their childrens' children to buy at least two of them now DAMNIT!!!

Please do something before its too late...
    LMAO!

Just to clarify, I wouldn't get an electric car even if I could afford one. I believe that the whole "Global Warming/Climate Change" thing caused by man is complete bullshit. The earth has gone through several ice ages and warming periods all without mans help and I don't really believe that anything we do or don't do, now or later will change anything that mother nature has in store for us.

That being said, our biggest worry as humans is probably just the kind of pollutants that the electric cars cause while the batteries are made and disposed of.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

When hydrogen power becomes a feasible option for the entire country, I'll be on board, of course I've read that purifying the hydrogen requires a lot of energy. But I think hydrogen is the long term solution, Honda already has one on the road and Mercedes has really been pushing the limits.

Trading gas for plugging in at the house is trading one evil for another.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    When hydrogen power becomes a feasible option for the entire country, I'll be on board, of course I've read that purifying the hydrogen requires a lot of energy. But I think hydrogen is the long term solution, Honda already has one on the road and Mercedes has really been pushing the limits.

Jeremy Clarkson interviewed the lord mayor of london, Boris Johnson, about the fact that electric cars are allowed into the centre of London without having to pay the congestion charge, when Clarkson asked where the power for these stupid cars came from Johnson simply answered 'the plug' and to win the arguement Clarkson simply said 'when, where does that power come from then?'
    to which Johnson had no environmentally friendly answer. add to the fact that you can't hear an electric car coming down the street, so i imagine that there would be substantially more children and maybe visually impaired people being killed or injured as a result of men with beards and sandals and vegetarian women with thin lips driving these ridiculous things...gimme a snarling V8 every day of the week, it may not be refined, but it's exiting and people can hear you coming a mile away!

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:47 AM
    Liked 18,128 Times in 8,952 Posts

Chevrolet advertises that on a national average it is a $1.50 a day to recharge your car once a day.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Chevrolet advertises that on a national average it is a $1.50 a day to recharge your car once a day.
    I'm having a hard time buying that figure but I've been wrong before. I'd have to see it to believe it.

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I also believe our climate is going to do whatever the hell it wants to.. we are insignificant.

and

we are not "dependant" on forign oil, its just cheap... greed runs the world
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

I'm having a hard time buying that figure but I've been wrong before. I'd have to see it to believe it.
    what they're not saying is that a full 8hr charge only gets you about 60miles, so if you work 35miles away from home, you're screwed!..lol

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:30 PM
    Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post

Back in 1997-'98, while completing an engineering PHD at Univ. of Michigan, my brother was working on hydrogen-powered fuel cells during an intership with GM. I remember that back then, he was telling everyone that by 2015-2020, we'de all be driving cars that use this technology. Of course, we all thought he was crazy. Especially because gasoline at the pump was 99 cents (ah, the good 'ole days) a gallon at the time.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy King View Post
    Back in 1997-'98, while completing an engineering PHD at Univ. of Michigan, my brother was working on hydrogen-powered fuel cells during an intership with GM. I remember that back then, he was telling everyone that by 2015-2020, we'de all be driving cars that use this technology. Of course, we all thought he was crazy. Especially because gasoline at the pump was 99 cents (ah, the good 'ole days) a gallon at the time.
    Looking at it now, 2020 is pretty feasible IMO. Of course, a lot of $$$ needs to be spent to get ready for it. I'm telling you, I'd be first in line if any hydrogen stations start popping up around here.