ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:55 AM
    Liked 1,084 Times in 726 Posts

Premium Member

Default Kickass! The Movie

They've been playing this on cable recently and I watched it the other night. Never saw it when it was in the theaters. Anyway, Wow! Thought it was one of the neater movies I've seen in some time. May have to go out and get the dvd, and I hardly ever buy dvd's.

Movie's about a high school sorta semi-loser who decides to dress up as a and try to be a super-hero type even tho he obviously has no special powers. He stumbles into an incident and becomes an internet sensation. The real star of the movie is an 11-year old girl who plays the daughter of Nicolas Cages' character. The two are vigilantes, dressing up as super heroes. Cage is kinda neat in the film, and channels his inner Adam West into his character. This 11 year old girl tho really kicks some serious ass in the film. Cool action scenes, lots of violence and lots of R-rated language coming from her. The other thing is the director really uses some neat choices for his soundtrack/score and his action scenes. Don't think I've ever seen a movie with the Banana Splits theme. Most around these parts probably don't even know who the Splits are/were. I remember them. Neat action scene near the end uses Elvis doing Battle Hymn of the Republic, theme from For a Few Dollars More, one of Eastwoods westerns. Some neat stuff.

Some probably think this movie is too campy but the action scenes are great. Elwood gives it two Beer mugs up!
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:54 AM
    Liked 742 Times in 409 Posts

Premium Member

The 11 year old with the potty mouth was very funny. The rest of the movie was ok....I miss the Nick Cage from Con-Air, FaceOff and The Rock...wish he'd come back!!
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:18 PM
    Liked 6,849 Times in 3,587 Posts

Premium Member

I want to read this thread, but Kickass is in still in my Netflix Que, and I don't want to read any spoilers. My new thing lately has been ordering movies without looking at the descriptions, and just throw them in blind and watch them. I've stopped reading reviews also. No expectations has lead to a much more enjoyable cinema experience.

I might need to move Kickass up to the top of the list, cause Rich Man Poor Man is up next, and that's gonna take a while.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

It's an odd movie but worth watching, 47. I kind of liked it.

Dude you rolled up with Rich man poor man? Wasn't that a tv show way way back in the day? I got's to go look that up now. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:51 PM
    Liked 715 Times in 393 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P. View Post
    They've been playing this on cable recently and I watched it the other night. Never saw it when it was in the theaters. Anyway, Wow! Thought it was one of the neater movies I've seen in some time. May have to go out and get the dvd, and I hardly ever buy dvd's.

Movie's about a high school sorta semi-loser who decides to dress up as a and try to be a super-hero type even tho he obviously has no special powers. He stumbles into an incident and becomes an internet sensation. The real star of the movie is an 11-year old girl who plays the daughter of Nicolas Cages' character. The two are vigilantes, dressing up as super heroes. Cage is kinda neat in the film, and channels his inner Adam West into his character. This 11 year old girl tho really kicks some serious ass in the film. Cool action scenes, lots of violence and lots of R-rated language coming from her. The other thing is the director really uses some neat choices for his soundtrack/score and his action scenes. Don't think I've ever seen a movie with the Banana Splits theme. Most around these parts probably don't even know who the Splits are/were. I remember them. Neat action scene near the end uses Elvis doing Battle Hymn of the Republic, theme from For a Few Dollars More, one of Eastwoods westerns. Some neat stuff.

Some probably think this movie is too campy but the action scenes are great. Elwood gives it two Beer mugs up!
    I'm getting the feeling that you though the movie was neat.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:55 AM
    Liked 1,084 Times in 726 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    I'm getting the feeling that you though the movie was neat.
    I misplaced my Thesaurus.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Suprisingly this was an excellent movie.

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:37 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

I liked it.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.