Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.23.14 @ 01:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default WOW...this is BRILLIANT...

A very good friend of mine (college educator & MASSIVE drummer / musician) posted this on FB and I think it's BRILLIANT. What do you guys think? I will ask that you WATCH it once, then, turn away from the screen and just LISTEN, the second time 'round, as well...

Last edited by sixstring; 02.03.11 at 04:25 PM.

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

03.14.16 @ 06:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Very cool.
    There are so many things about the education system that seem out of whack, but yet we accept it.
    The age gets kids are all the oldest in the class with Jan/Feb birthdays, and they are leaps ahead of the kids who are basically a year younger in Dec...but because of the system..they basically have to slow down their learning for the others to catch-up.

I hope we all help our kids think outside of the "system"...take them to museum...sports events, listen to different kinds of music, walk through the forest, try different foods, LET THEM PLAY.. Really you need to learn stuff they teach (can you deside what you're interested in earlier and do that from the start? Who knows?), but there is SO MUCH more to life than that.
    I travel quite a bit internationally, and I always take the opportunity to teach my kids about where I go...the people, food, culture, etc...It's been really eye-opening for me who stuck around North America most of my life, so I'm happy to share.
    The parents should be the real teachers of life, though most of us are stuck knowing very little outside your community or country, with the education system supplementing.
    Finally trying to pick up guitar after too many years.
    Chickenfoot Rocks.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

09.30.16 @ 01:49 AM
    Liked 173 Times in 71 Posts

Same guy.. Also good:

20 minutes, but worth it