Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Eruption
    Join Date
    07.27.06
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,122
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

    05.26.17 @ 11:48 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default Cultured meat arrives!

    Oh yeah!

    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...0?pageNumber=1

    It can't be worse than SPAM, right? I'd try it.

    Now does this mean that vegetarians can eat this?

  2. #2
    Baluchitherium loveevhsince79's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.22.04
    Location
    Cols, OH
    Posts
    5,420
    Last Online

    10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    There are good things that have been created by man from natural ingredients such as wine. You squeeze the juice out and let it ferment which creates wine but I can't find it the same as "in-vitro" meat growth. The further we get away from food in its most basic form is when we have increases in health problems down the road.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

  3. #3
    Unchained Ellen83's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.02.07
    Age
    52
    Location
    God's Country, Maryland
    Posts
    547
    Favorite VH Album

    VH 1 & 2
    Favorite VH Song

    way too many.....
    Last Online

    10.06.13 @ 04:30 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    It's all beginning to remind me of "Soylent Green".........

    "All right, Wolf, which one do you want?"
    -DLR, 05/15/08, BALTIMORE, to me and my best friend


    But one night's all we're given,
    So, baby, leave me alone, or, baby, stay the night



    The Van Halen I grew up on showed up at the party, drank all your alcohol and fucked your girlfriend. The Sammy era seemed more like spending a Saturday night alone with your girlfriend telling her how much you love her. - Sickman, summing it all up for me!

  4. #4
    Eruption
    Join Date
    07.27.06
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,122
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

    05.26.17 @ 11:48 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default


  5. #5
    Future's in the past....
    Join Date
    03.03.08
    Age
    51
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    13,090
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

    At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

    11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Somehow I envisioned cows going to the art museum or opera when I read the title...
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

  6. #6
    Eruption donkost's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.28.08
    Age
    54
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    1,350
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 12:31 AM
    Likes
    174
    Liked 93 Times in 37 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    Somehow I envisioned cows going to the art museum or opera when I read the title...
    Yes, I do believe that if you expose a cow to a bit of culture it WOULD be tastier... LOL Might be tough getting them a pair of opera glasses that would fit.

  7. #7
    Gird your loins Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    57
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    13,074
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Likes
    1,819
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duck View Post
    Oh yeah!

    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...0?pageNumber=1

    It can't be worse than SPAM, right? I'd try it.

    Now does this mean that vegetarians can eat this?

    from my viewpoint no. it's still flesh. granted the meat that you are eating did not suffer and die to create the product, but it is still the product of using an animal.

    there will be some who will argue that it falls into the same category as dairy products, or eggs. and there are already "flexetarians" who claim it is all right to eat fish or fowl or even meat occassionally.....so whatever.

    I wouldn't want to eat anything genetically engineered anyway

    survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

    She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

  8. #8
    Future's in the past....
    Join Date
    03.03.08
    Age
    51
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    13,090
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

    At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

    11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    I wouldn't want to eat anything genetically engineered anyway
    Well, there goes OLO's pizza...
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    I thought maybe this was another one of Chad Smith's side projects or summtin.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  10. #10
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.15.06
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,741
    Favorite VH Album

    VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

    07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    from my viewpoint no. it's still flesh. granted the meat that you are eating did not suffer and die to create the product, but it is still the product of using an animal.

    there will be some who will argue that it falls into the same category as dairy products, or eggs. and there are already "flexetarians" who claim it is all right to eat fish or fowl or even meat occassionally.....so whatever.

    I wouldn't want to eat anything genetically engineered anyway
    do you stay away from fruits, vegetables and grains that are a product of genetic engineering?
    Stay out of it, dude.


    I am Van Halen.

  11. #11
    Sinner's Swing! graeme's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.27.03
    Age
    10
    Location
    Dusseldorf, Germany.
    Posts
    3,946
    Favorite VH Album

    They're all shit
    Last Online

    11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    Well, there goes OLO's pizza...
    Shit. I had that review posted on my calendar.

    All that crap about mom's steak and asparagus.

    Fucking asparagus.

    Any excuse.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

    My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

  12. #12
    Damage your reputation seenbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.24.00
    Age
    45
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    26,946
    Favorite VH Album

    Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm the one
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Likes
    73
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loveevhsince79 View Post
    The further we get away from food in its most basic form is when we have increases in health problems down the road.
    So, so totally agree with that.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

    Gunter glieben glauchen globen

  13. #13
    Gird your loins Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    57
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    13,074
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Likes
    1,819
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    do you stay away from fruits, vegetables and grains that are a product of genetic engineering?
    believe it or not, there's an Ap for that! LOL

    http://truefoodnow.org/shoppers-guide/

    most of the veggies and fruits that I buy are certified organic and most of the processed foods I buy are certified organic and GMO free

    I try to find GMO free soy products and let me tell you....that's TOUGH....the vast majority of soybeans in the US are GMO's

    all these companies use GMO's
    Blue Sky,Coca Cola,Hansen,Kraft,Nestle,Procter and Gamble,Libby's,Ocean Spray,Kellogg,Nature Valley
    Nabisco,Hershey,Lifesaver,Quaker,Pepperidge Farm,Campbells,Frito Lay,Hostess,Heinz,Keebler,Crisco
    Peter Pan,Smuckers,Skippy,Hormel,Progresso,Eggo,Boca,Mar ie Callender,Morningstar Farms,Stouffers,Betty Crocker,Pillsbury,Aunt Jemima,Duncan Hines,Beech-nut,Enfamil,Good Start,Similac,Isomil,Yoplait,Land O Lakes.Dannon

    so you can see, even companies that are supposedly healthy, require a LOT of label reading....it's the processed foods that are easy to hide the GMOs in

    survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

    She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

  14. #14
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.15.06
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,741
    Favorite VH Album

    VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

    07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    believe it or not, there's an Ap for that! LOL

    http://truefoodnow.org/shoppers-guide/

    most of the veggies and fruits that I buy are certified organic and most of the processed foods I buy are certified organic and GMO free

    I try to find GMO free soy products and let me tell you....that's TOUGH....the vast majority of soybeans in the US are GMO's

    all these companies use GMO's
    Blue Sky,Coca Cola,Hansen,Kraft,Nestle,Procter and Gamble,Libby's,Ocean Spray,Kellogg,Nature Valley
    Nabisco,Hershey,Lifesaver,Quaker,Pepperidge Farm,Campbells,Frito Lay,Hostess,Heinz,Keebler,Crisco
    Peter Pan,Smuckers,Skippy,Hormel,Progresso,Eggo,Boca,Mar ie Callender,Morningstar Farms,Stouffers,Betty Crocker,Pillsbury,Aunt Jemima,Duncan Hines,Beech-nut,Enfamil,Good Start,Similac,Isomil,Yoplait,Land O Lakes.Dannon

    so you can see, even companies that are supposedly healthy, require a LOT of label reading....it's the processed foods that are easy to hide the GMOs in
    But organic and genetically enhanced/altered aren't. Mutually exclusive. Thousands of years ago tribesmen were genetically altering crops to produce higher yielding harvests and that continues today. Corn, wheat, asparagus, hell even stuff we don't eat like roses are selectively bred to produce larger longer lasting more satisfying crops. Where do you draw your line concerning genetic altering and enhancement?
    Stay out of it, dude.


    I am Van Halen.

  15. #15
    Gird your loins Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    57
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    13,074
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Likes
    1,819
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

    Default

    broken are you are comparing the science of genetic engineering... which in its simplest explanation is the artificial transferring of genes between different species of organisms which could not combine without scientific manipulation... with that of selective breeding and common plant cultivation?

    pigs with round worm genes inserted or soybeans with bacteria genes inserted?...nope

    roses crossed with roses to create a new color, longer bloom season or mildew resistance? yep


    i do recognize that science believes that some of these plants are the solution to world hunger, but I prefer to avoid them. There are other techniques to fight that battle.

    survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

    She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Any Meat Loaf Fans Here?
    By jonjuan in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07.26.16, 10:44 AM
  2. Unicorn; The other white meat
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12.16.08, 09:06 AM
  3. Christmas card arrives 93 years late
    By ZeoBandit in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12.15.07, 11:26 PM
  4. Ricky Martin Arrives In Thailand, In The Nick Of Time
    By Axxman300 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01.13.05, 06:14 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •