Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Explosion Kills 31 at Moscow's Busiest Airport

An explosion ripped through the international arrivals hall at Moscow's busiest airport on Monday, killing 31 people and wounding about 130, Health Ministry officials said.

Russian news agencies reported the explosion was caused by a suicide bomber and that the device was packed with shrapnel.

"From the preliminary information we have it was a terror attack," President Dmitry Medvedev told officials.

Moscow police were put on high alert and immediately beefed up patrols in the subway system, a previous target of terrorists.

Mark Green, a British Airways passenger who had just arrived at the airport, told BBC television he heard the huge explosion as he was leaving the terminal.

"Literally, it shook you," he said. "As we were putting the bags in the car a lot of alarms ... were going off and people started flowing out of the terminal, some of whom were covered in blood."

"One gentleman had a pair of jeans on that was ripped and his thigh from his groin to his knee was covered in blood," he added.

Green said thousands of people were in the terminal at the time of the blast.

Domodedovo is generally regarded as Moscow's most up-to-date airport, but its security procedures have been called into question.

In 2004, two suicide bombers were able to board planes at Domodedovo by buying tickets illegally from airport personnel. The bombers blew themselves up in mid-air, killing all 90 people aboard the two flights.

Built in 1964, Domodedovo is located 26 miles southeast of the center of Moscow and is the largest of the three major airports that serve the Russian capital, serving over 22 million people last year.

Terrorists have targeted other transportation centers in Moscow.

In more recent suicide bombings, twin blasts in the subway last March killed 39 people and wounded more than 60 people.

In December 2009, Chechen rebels claimed responsibility for blowing up a high-speed train between Moscow and St. Petersburg, an attack that killed 26 people and injured scores.

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

01.01.13 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

How many more lives will be lost in the name of terror? And for what? Because my religion doesn't fall in line with yours or because I am a Westerner?

This is insane....
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." -Neil Young

"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken." -Bob Dylan

"If you go out and buy a Van Halen record and put it in your collection, it'll melt your other records." -David Lee Roth, 1981.

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
    Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit!!! It'll HURT MORE!!!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura View Post
    How many more lives will be lost in the name of terror? And for what? Because my religion doesn't fall in line with yours or because I am a Westerner?

This is insane....
    Agreed.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura View Post

This is insane....
    no no no, you've got it all wrong. Muslims are all about peace and love, they can't help it if they sometimes eat a bag of ball bearings and then explode in public places!

on a serious note, the Russians won't pussy foot around, there will be much more bloodshed.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 02:05 PM
    Liked 1,140 Times in 650 Posts

Unfortunately it will get much worse than this. The fact that there has not been a large scale attack on American soil makes me think that they are studying hard for a massive attack someday. If you've read "The Sum of All Fears" by Tom Clancy,not watched that butchered POS movie, you'll understand what I am talking about.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shamalama View Post
    Unfortunately it will get much worse than this. The fact that there has not been a large scale attack on American soil makes me think that they are studying hard for a massive attack someday. If you've read "The Sum of All Fears" by Tom Clancy,not watched that butchered POS movie, you'll understand what I am talking about.
    I feel the same way. It scares the shit out me!!

When I am watching a sporting even like the Daytona 500 or super Bowl I often wonder when they will strike or attempt something at a event with that many people.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:35 PM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

such a sad event. i don't understand the mentality of people like this.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Have the Muslims claimed responsibility or otherwise been found to be responsible? Aren't there other groups in former Soviet countries that have displayed terroristic tendencies?

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:35 PM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    Have the Muslims claimed responsibility or otherwise been found to be responsible? Aren't there other groups in former Soviet countries that have displayed terroristic tendencies?
    they haven't - but that's not gonna stop people from blaming them anyways.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    they haven't - but that's not gonna stop people from blaming them anyways.
    Already happened in this thread, and it's only one page old.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    Already happened in this thread, and it's only one page old.
    my bad! i was kinda using a stereotype, maybe a little premature

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    my bad! i was kinda using a stereotype, maybe a little premature
    My have to say I'm picking my jaw up off the floor. It's not every day someone around here backs off on a statement like that. Usually someone fights tooth and nail not to admit fault and you sir have proven to be a braver person than that. People like you give that sliver of hope I still seek.

Yeah, it seems to be the rule rather than the exception that these things are carried out by Muslim extremists. Just too bad that many look past the extremist part of that about 90% of the time.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    My have to say I'm picking my jaw up off the floor. It's not every day someone around here backs off on a statement like that. Usually someone fights tooth and nail not to admit fault and you sir have proven to be a braver person than that. People like you give that sliver of hope I still seek.

Yeah, it seems to be the rule rather than the exception that these things are carried out by Muslim extremists. Just too bad that many look past the extremist part of that about 90% of the time.
    thanks bud, i like to think that i'm a big enough guy to admitt when i've made a mistake or said something stupid..i'm happy to admitt fault if i deserve it, and in this case i did.

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:24 PM
    Liked 1,331 Times in 801 Posts

Default Russian security forces were tipped off a week ago.....

Last Updated: 01:17 IST(25/1/2011)

'We will track down, punish bombers'

A suicide bomber killed at least 31 people at Russia's biggest airport, Moscow-Domodedovo, on Monday in an attack that bore the hallmarks of militants fighting for an Islamist state in the north Caucasus region.

President Dmitry Medvedev vowed to track down and punish those behind the bombing, which also injured about 130 people during the busy late afternoon.

The Kremlin said Medvedev, who has called the insurgency in the north Caucasus the biggest threat to Russia's security, was delaying a trip to the Davos international business forum in Switzerland. The rebels have vowed to take the bombing campaign to the Russian heartland, hitting transport and economic targets.

"Security will be strengthened at large transport hubs," Medvedev wrote on Twitter. "We mourn the victims of the terrorist attack at the airport. The organisers will be tracked down and punished."

Russia's rouble-denominated stock market MICEX fell by nearly two per cent following the blast, which ripped through the arrivals hall. Twitter users posted mobile video phone footage of dozens of people lying on the floor as thick smoke filled the hall and a fire burned along one wall.

Warning sounded

Russian security services had received warnings that an attack was planned at a Moscow airport.

"The special services had received information that an act of terror would be carried out at one of the Moscow airports," a security source. "Agents were seeking three suspects but they managed to access the territory of the airport, witness the explosion which their accomplice carried out and then leave the airport," the source said.

"A tip-off with a warning that something was being prepared appeared one week before the explosion," an airport security source told the Lifenews.ru website. "Even the place, by the customs, was named."

http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryP...nt/654290.aspx

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

Fucking tragedy. Hope they find the terrorist scumbags and blow their nuts into the stratosphere.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]