All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy/Runaround
    Last Online

08.21.17 @ 12:12 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Default Pevaey Wolfgang Standard in Seafoam

Hey.

Just wondering if anyone knows the demand for a PV Wolfgang STD in Seafoam that has no scratches or anything on it. Has all the "case candy" as it's called too.

What would the value be? I know that ebay seller has one for like 2600.00, but it never sells.

Thanks
    One noticeable difference between Judas Priest and Metallica...
    ...Judas Priest only has one gay guy in the band.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

07.12.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by h*bunter View Post
    Hey.

Just wondering if anyone knows the demand for a PV Wolfgang STD in Seafoam that has no scratches or anything on it. Has all the "case candy" as it's called too.

What would the value be? I know that ebay seller has one for like 2600.00, but it never sells.

Thanks
    They usually sell for more than other production model Wolfgangs because the color is fairly uncommon. $2600 is definitely priced too high especially considering I've seen Custom Shop Wolfgangs on ebay sell for under that price.
    \m/ VH \m/

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

That eBay seller, "pithespy," should be avoided.

A rare production model Peavey Wolfgang, in our current market, shouldn't be anything more than $1,500. Those prices may climb when the economy improves. If you're getting close to $2,000, think about a custom shop model or first year quilt--not a production model.

Favorite VH Album

All of Them
    Last Online

02.22.14 @ 05:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AT View Post

A rare production model Peavey Wolfgang, in our current market, shouldn't be anything more than $1,500. Those prices may climb when the economy improves. If you're getting close to $2,000, think about a custom shop model or first year quilt--not a production model.
    You will get a kick out of this based on your feeling on the Korean Wolfs, this seller is selling one on ebay with a buy it now of $1100 !!!! Hope no one gets suckered on that.

I have a korean Wolf and love it but I paid less than $250

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spw5150 View Post
    You will get a kick out of this based on your feeling on the Korean Wolfs, this seller is selling one on ebay with a buy it now of $1100 !!!! Hope no one gets suckered on that.

I have a korean Wolf and love it but I paid less than $250
    The original list price on the Korean Wolfgang Special EXP was $899, and they could be found new while in production for $400. When people went crazy a few years ago and bought up Wolfgangs in a panic (thinking they wouldn't be easily available once out of production) the EXPs were selling for ridiculous prices. It was mostly uneducated buyers purchasing something they knew little about--getting wooed by the fancy looking quilt "tops" (which photograph well but are nothing more than a 1/20" veneer). We had a thread going here a couple of years ago about a buyer who purchased an EXP on eBay for $1,500-plus!

Last Online

02.24.16 @ 07:27 AM
    Liked 349 Times in 206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AT View Post

The market is a joke for them now. I've picked a few up and felt like I was robbing the sellers. The really nice ones get 1,200.

I picked one (standard deluxe) up that was a perfect player but had some belt rash and a ding on the bottom for 670!

Do you think their value will recover because it seems way too low for these guitars. Not that I'm complaining...

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.15.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Look at just about every company from PRS, Gibson to Fender and you can grab a great guitar and save a huge chuck at the present. My friend Mike who owns the store I hang in and owns over 100 guitars just scored one of those boutique McNaughts that went for $4500 fpr $1,950 on the bay and it was dead mint.

EBMM EVHs and Peavey Wolfgangs in the last 3 years have been totally unpredictable and up and down more than a yo yo. Do not go buy what people are asking look at the completed listings to get a real grasp. I have not been on ebay in months till I saw this post and went and checked out prices.

For a Standard in clean condition they are selling in the low to mid teens, as far as EBMM EVHs I saw two that sold in the $2,500 range that were very clean, and 5 of them listed on GC used page for 2K while Wolf Standards average around $1,500. The biggest score is the new Wolfgangs which right now you can grab new on ebay for $2,200 to $2,300 from a dealer.

As far as Seafoam Green which is the rarest Standard issue color that one that is listed by Andrews favorite Ebay seller Pithespy lmfao, has been up on that board what seems like 3 years. About 3 or 4 others followed her lead on the price until they must of tired of paying re-listing fees and sold them in the mid teens. I would say mint it should be worth a hundred or two more but it is still a Standard guitar and as Andrew stated not a 1st year quilt or CS.

I write with John Brown from Premeir Guitar that writes the repair column and sometime back he told me do not sell any of your VH sig guitars. The bottom line is the whole used guitar market is at bottom and it is a total buyers market and will be till the economy changes.

I am very interested to see if their is a s[ike in price once the new VH album is released and a new tour gets underway, my guess would be yes. But for now no matter the company if their has always been a guitar you wanted that was out of reach now is the time to grab it and play.