Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

Default any free slow it down software?

I'm looking for a free "slow the song down" software so I can learn some stuff without it changing the key of the song. any thing out there?
    Eat Us and Smile!

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 179 Times in 57 Posts

Not sure if this helps you but if you have an iPhone the best program I've found is called Slow Down Music Player by Andy Davidson:Santa Cruz Integration.
    They have a free version and I forget now but the app is less than 15 bucks.
    It's really sweet. You just use a mp3 of a tune and can even create segments and phrases saving only the part you want to work with and can slow it down speed it up withought changing pitch. It's a wonderful tool and IMO best bang for your buck cause pc based slow downers are much more in price and dont do much more.
    The free version let's you work with a few songs but if you want to do more you need the full version. Not sure if this helps you but I recommend it to anyone looking for one.
    Chicken picking playing is not a comfort zone for me and it helped greatly to figure out a piece I needed to learn.

Posted from mobile device.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Your favorite band sucks.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:27 PM
    Liked 18,117 Times in 8,948 Posts

I had one that came with a John Mellencamp song book I bought that came with bass and drums on disk.

The program on the disk was aptly named "Amazing Slow Down", but I didn't think it worked that well, maybe why it was free.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

Just download Audacity for free.You can slow down or speed up and keep the song in pitch, or you can change the pitch to whatever you want. Actually used it quite a bit a while back, and being able to change the pitch was cool especially on my Floyd equipped guitar which I usually tune to Eb. It used to be kind of marginal sounding for that, but I actually just used this very function last night and it sounded real good on the latest version.
    Last edited by we die young; 01.19.11 at 02:11 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

thanks guys. I already had Audacity but didn't know it did this little trick. I just downloaded that winamp plugin too. Looks like the winamp is a little more 'real time' and the audacity has to kind of do a little convert for a moment before it's ready.
    Eat Us and Smile!

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:16 PM
    Liked 93 Times in 37 Posts

Don't know if anyone here realizes it, but plain old Windows Media Player will slow down to half speed while maintaining pitch. Just play your audio file using Windows Media Player and right click on the big round Pause button, then choose Slow Playback. There's also Normal and Fast Playback on that menu. I don't know too many guitarists though who want to speed up licks they are trying to learn. I also have a Tascam MP-GT1 Guitar Trainer which will do the same thing but pretty much everyone has access to Windows Media Player.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 05:06 AM
    Liked 4,797 Times in 2,448 Posts

Premium Member

I have used this learning songs for my cover band for about 10 years. For Winamp and you change pitch, tempo and speed. Great for learning songs 1/2 step down or in standard tuning without changing the tuning of your guitar.

http://www.winamp.com/plugin/pacemaker/12689

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 179 Times in 57 Posts

I didn't know about some of these free pc programs to slow down tunes. it's cool people posted good options. Personally I don't use it often but it's super cool to have at your disposal when u have a jumbled mess or out of character to your comfort zone style you're trying to nail perfectly. For those that have an iPhone/iPad I just want to stress this program..http://www.santacruzintegration.com/...omparison.html

Unless they changed it it's only 3 bucks, does all you need and what I dig about it is you can take it anywhere. Not having to be in front of your pc or have the laptop handy. With the phone speaker, headphone or plugging into something more substantial to hear it...I find this app pretty sweet. Only really relied on it once but was able to hang on the couch watching football while having the phrase repeat out of the phone speaker and my unplugged electric in my hands. Very cool imo and cheap/very convenient. Tried a few others on the iPhone and pc at the time, didn't know/find the ones posted here yet this is the best choice by far I've seen. Just a FYI for those that have the hardware.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]