The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

Default VAN HALEN COMMENCE WORK WITH PRODUCER JOHN SHANKS

from www.melodicrock.com

they even have the stripes on the melodicrock logo.

Van Halen will formally start work on a new studio album with Grammy Award winning producer John Shanks Monday January 17. The news of the band's plans was confirmed by myself this weekend.
    Rumours of Shanks' involvement with the band surfaced a couple of months ago at the Van Halen Newsdesk. It can now be confirmed.
    The band will record their first all-new studio album since 1998's Van Halen III and their first with original singer David Lee Roth since 1983's 1984.
    There are no further details available about this latest stint in the studio, nor any suggestion of when the band will be finished and anything subsequently released. Manager Irving Azoff is said to be pushing the band to tour, but I'm told Eddie Van Halen is reluctant to do so without any new material to release.
    So while a 2011 tour has been publicly mentioned previously by Azoff, it remains up in the air as to when, or even if a tour will happen this year. A record needs to be completed and I doubt anyone will want to start speculating as to when that will happen.

Questions remain about what happened to the much discussed 2010 recording sessions with producer Ross Hogarth. Officially denied, and not likely to ever be addressed, the fact remains the band were in the studio writing and working for much of 2010. Several famous names commented positively about hearing new material during 2010, including Dweezil Zappa & John 5.
    Additionally Warner Publishing issued a press release mid-year stating that the band had re-signed to the company, adding that they were (at that stage) in the studio recording.

Additional rumors remain about Warner's desire to release remastered versions of the band's Sammy Hagar fronted albums and I'm hearing talk of a career spanning Box Set at some stage - fuelled by news that Warner also reached new publishing agreements with Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony and David Lee Roth in 2010.

Stay tuned...
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and I´ve got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

08.06.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts

Awesome news!!!! Fingers crossed. Hopefully, the demos are done and it is a matter of recording the tunes, as opposed to starting from scratch.

John Shanks - sounds like a character from the show "Oz".

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

DOA
    Last Online

04.30.13 @ 12:24 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Here we go again...
    "Bottoms Up!" said the dirty faced kid in a garbage can!

http://www.facebook.com/tony.buenger
    http://www.guesthousestudios.com

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 02:20 PM
    Liked 6,813 Times in 3,562 Posts

Premium Member

Just have to wonder if you ever read any thing here, or just blindly post what ever you think nobody else knows.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Just have to wonder if you ever read any thing here, or just blindly post what ever you think nobody else knows.
    Nuggets!
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

DOA
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Let's keep this news bit handy for this time next year....
    -------
    Van Halen will formally start work on a new studio album with an unamed producer January 17, 2012 The band will record their first all-new studio album since 1998's Van Halen III and their first with original singer David Lee Roth since 1983's 1984.
    There are no further details available about this latest stint in the studio, nor any suggestion of when the band will be finished and anything subsequently released. Manager Irving Azoff is said to be pushing the band to tour, but I'm told Eddie Van Halen is reluctant to do so without any new material to release.
    So while a 2012 tour has been publicly mentioned previously by Azoff, it remains up in the air as to when, or even if a tour will happen this year. A record needs to be completed and I doubt anyone will want to start speculating as to when that will happen.

Stay tuned...
    =======================

Last Online

08.29.14 @ 12:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hope it comes to fruition. The one thing I just can't and never will understand about the VH camp is why all of the secrecy? NO band behaves like this anymore. and why do they need WB anymore anyway?

This is 2011, not 1984..

Obviously ED likes making money....you know how much he could have made over the last few years using the www. as a music tool, Itunes, singles, random BS that he records etc..?

You would think that Wolf could catapult them into the present, or at least some one arounf Ed should have the balls to say something to him and make him get with the program. He's become a dinosaur of sorts.
    If cleanliness were next to Godliness, then that would make you the devil...(CLUTCH)...

Eruption
    Last Online

01.25.17 @ 04:18 AM
    Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts

I know this is posted in the Melodic Rock thread, but this deserves its own thread as there is so much stuff in that thread it would be easy to miss this news.
    11-13-2007 MSG NY, NY
    12-28-2007 MGM Grand Las Vegas, Nevada
    12-30-2007 MGM Grand Las Vegas, Nevada
    5-13-2008 IZOD Arena East Rutherford , NJ
    5-23-2008 MSG NY, NY
    5-28-2008 Verizon Manchester, NH
    2-28-2012 MSG NY, NY
    3-01-2012 MSG NY, NY

Favorite VH Album

f.u.c.k.
    Favorite VH Song

cant get this stuff no more
    Last Online

02.02.14 @ 01:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigVonDrumCrazy View Post
    Hope it comes to fruition. The one thing I just can't and never will understand about the VH camp is why all of the secrecy? NO band behaves like this anymore. and why do they need WB anymore anyway?

This is 2011, not 1984..

Obviously ED likes making money....you know how much he could have made over the last few years using the www. as a music tool, Itunes, singles, random BS that he records etc..?

You would think that Wolf could catapult them into the present, or at least some one arounf Ed should have the balls to say something to him and make him get with the program. He's become a dinosaur of sorts.
    shit, judging from the pics from namm. Ed looks like hes on his way to looking like wolf. LOL there i said it! lol

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

SO THIS IS LOVE
    Last Online

09.02.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adamvhcornell View Post
    shit, judging from the pics from namm. Ed looks like hes on his way to looking like wolf. LOL there i said it! lol
    so everyone has wanted the following:

1) new music
    2)a sober ed

the recent updates leads me to believe we are getting both and let's start finding the negativity in that. ed says he won't tour without new music, which goes against the "grab all the money we can" theory. he looks sober and happy and stupid comments like "he's on his way to looking like wolf ". i've said it before, it is not easy being a teenager and imagine all the comments and shit this kid had to hear about his father during his childhood. yes, i want mike in the band, but i'm not going to take it out on the kid.

i stopped posting because for the most part all i hear his negative in here. not that a lot of it isn't justified, but how many time do we have to hear the same shit. and if everyone has had it with ed and vh, why are you here? if we get new music and a tour great, if not thanks for the great music i continue to enjoy. ed, like you and i is free to do whatever he wants. i really don't think he has to update or explain anything to anyone. i think there are a lot of people that are maybe jealous of the fact this guy can come and go as he pleases and they can't.

there i vented. all i have to say is PLEASE don't put out a shitty record after all the shit we've had to endure over the last several years.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 2,379 Times in 1,485 Posts

Premium Member

ARAMBI
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:22 PM
    Liked 11,541 Times in 4,916 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by finallyin2007 View Post

1) new music
    2)a sober ed

the recent updates leads me to believe we are getting both and let's start finding the negativity in that. ed says he won't tour without new music, which goes against the "grab all the money we can" theory. he looks sober and happy and stupid comments like "he's on his way to looking like wolf ". i've said it before, it is not easy being a teenager and imagine all the comments and shit this kid had to hear about his father during his childhood. yes, i want mike in the band, but i'm not going to take it out on the kid.

i stopped posting because for the most part all i hear his negative in here. not that a lot of it isn't justified, but how many time do we have to hear the same shit. and if everyone has had it with ed and vh, why are you here? if we get new music and a tour great, if not thanks for the great music i continue to enjoy. ed, like you and i is free to do whatever he wants. i really don't think he has to update or explain anything to anyone. i think there are a lot of people that are maybe jealous of the fact this guy can come and go as he pleases and they can't.

there i vented. all i have to say is PLEASE don't put out a shitty record after all the shit we've had to endure over the last several years.

We've missed you and your wisdom, where have you been?!!
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by adamvhcornell View Post
    Pretty soon he wont need this accessory:

HEY-OH!!!
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

1) new music
    2)a sober ed

big thumbs up here.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

DOA
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

1) new music
    2)a sober ed
    #1 - New Music - hopefully this will come to fruition
    #2 - A Sober Ed - congrats to Ed; you gotta give him alot of credit for overcoming a lifetime addiction

I agree. These are unfair comments, especially with the weight issue. The weight gain is due to a normally-functioning Ed for once.

Wolfgang is a talented kid and musician who has a promising career ahead of him...on his own merits someday. Personal attacks against him don't add any value to the discussion.

i think there are a lot of people that are maybe jealous of the fact this guy can come and go as he pleases and they can't.
    I don't think that is true in all cases. Just like on my favorite sports team's forum, I'm going to complain about them when they're struggling on the field.

I can't sit back and say "Wow, what a great game you guys had even though you lost 48 - 0." I'm going to complain about my favorite sports team when they don't do well just like I complain about my favorite rock band when they don't peform (no new music since when? 1998?...well, okay I'll give them the 3 songs in 2004).

So I can't sit back and say, wow I'm glad VH hasn't had a new album in over decade. On the positive side, it's good news that Ed has cleaned up and he's apparently got that urge to start being creative again. But as a longtime fan I feel like I have the right to express my opinion....positive and negative...about this band.

What's out of bounds IMHO is the personal attacke on folks like Wolfgang who doesn't deserve that treatment.

Same with finally2007, I don't post here much because we're expected to say positive things about the band.