Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

Default Thread Closing.

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/u-s-...23#post1321723

This thread was recently closed by OLO because, apparently, it turned into a conspiracy theory thread by myself.

One of my early posts in the thread made mention of the JFK assassination. This was the post from Page 1:

I think what he was getting at was that are we really surprised by what sick fuckin' people do anymore?

America is, after all, a country where it's Government assassinated it's own President. Talk about fucked up.

I don't think he was commenting on how tragic or how screwed up this story is.

And it is a terribly tragic story.
    This was Dave's Dreidel's response:

If you are referring to Kennedy, I don't think it was the government per se.

But I think we can all agree Lee Harvey Oswald didn't act alone.
    I then responded to his post:

Well the evidence supporting the theory that there was a conspiracy within the CIA, FBI, Secret Service and the Dallas Police department is overwhelming.

Was it a government agent who pulled the trigger? No, probably not. But did the US government know what was going to happen that day in Dallas? I don't for one second believe that they didn't. Too many events before and after the fact link the US Gov't to the assassination.

OLO then closed the thread right after my post. No, "Let's make sure this doesn't turn into a conspiracy debate guys" or "Let's try to keep the thread on topic...". None of that. Just this from OLO:

And with that I will be closing this thread.

What a shame that a thread about this brutal crime turns into a conspiracy thread.

Doesn't make sense to me. 3 posts about a conspiracy and suddenly the thread's main topic has been changed. Maybe if it was somebody else posting other than me OLO would have kept it open.

But if mods are just going to close threads because of a couple posts that aren't pertaining to the main topic then that truly is ridiculous.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Really?

You need someone to lay out why that thread was closed?
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by OLO View Post
    Really?

You need someone to lay out why that thread was closed?
    Honestly. Yeah I do considering you closed it immediately after I posted.

You made one post saying that the thread better not turn into a LEFT/RIGHT debate or else you would close it. Fine. Nothing wrong with that.

Then after I post in response to somebody in regards to an assassination you close it saying the thread has turn into a "conspiracy debate." ?????????
    Last edited by MF5150; 01.09.11 at 06:59 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

youre making me hot OLO. LOL
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:35 PM
    Liked 1,388 Times in 762 Posts

True the Kennedy claim is a bit "out there" but I think we've seen far worse on the Links over the years. I didn't think it warranted the closing of the thread, as the political discussion stayed somewhat civil (being called a "psycho liberal" made me laugh, if anything). But maybe it was a preemptive move!
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 PM
    Liked 1,084 Times in 726 Posts

Premium Member

Thread was supposed to be about these people being killed in Arizona. But it started into a JFK conspiracy convention. It was only gonna get worse. Seriously, feel free to start a thread about that, there's been a couple from time to time. But that thread should have been about memorializing those people. I'm sure a few control gun control people would have popped up but even that may have been warranted. It was unfortunate but I have no problem with the thread being closed.

And I'm not sucking up to OLO. Maybe later.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:34 PM
    Liked 6,849 Times in 3,587 Posts

Premium Member

To OLO's credit, he did offer a warning about the direction of the thread. Too bad it was closed... at times I use threads such as that one to keep up with certain news events. We do a better job here covering things sometimes than the news networks do.

Not sure why certain posts just can't be deleted to preserve the thread subject matter over shutting the whole thing down. Oh well... at least we will be spared from 5 pages of one person arguing with another about flip flopping on subject matter and not reading what one said properly or putting words in someones mouth, etc, etc. etc.... yeah! probably best to just close it.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P. View Post
    Thread was supposed to be about these people being killed in Arizona. But it started into a JFK conspiracy convention. It was only gonna get worse. Seriously, feel free to start a thread about that, there's been a couple from time to time. But that thread should have been about memorializing those people. I'm sure a few control gun control people would have popped up but even that may have been warranted. It was unfortunate but I have no problem with the thread being closed.

And I'm not sucking up to OLO. Maybe later.
    3 posts and it turned into a conspiracy convention?

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    To OLO's credit, he did offer a warning about the direction of the thread. .
    He warned about the thread not turning into a LEFT vs RIGHT debate not a conspiracy theory debate. He obviously didn't see much of a problem with the "conspiracy" posts up until that point since he didn't mention them. Then after ONE post by me he closes it citing that it became a conspiracy debate.

I'm sure the thread would have turned into a political debate anyways but would that have been a surprise? It's a politically themed story. Yes we are ALL saddened by the story. It was tragic. But politics are involved in the story so they should be involved in the conversation about the story. My original comment about the JFK assassination was not meant to start a debate. It was ONE SENTENCE within a larger post in response to somebody else's post.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:34 PM
    Liked 6,849 Times in 3,587 Posts

Premium Member

Just get over it Mitch. History here proves that it would have become a full blown JFK conspiracy thread with you in the middle of it. The original thread about a wack job shooter in AZ would have been lost. Sorry if you feel targeted some how, but when you disagree with someone, you rarely let up. Not trying to pick on you, but many threads have become off limits (for me at least, and I try to read everything here, even if I don't comment) once you get your foot in the door.

I know I'll get hell for this post, but you will surely agree... we all have opinions.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:17 AM
    Liked 6,702 Times in 3,721 Posts

Mitch,

Think about this for a second. A country is dealing with a tragic incident where one of their politicians is almost killed by a madman. In that same incident a 9 year old child and 4 others are murdered. Does this seem to be the appropriate time for an outsider (you, for instance) to tell them this is just further illustration as to how fucked up their country is? You then throw in your (I'm sure ridiculously well reseached) opinion that JFK was murdered by his own government. Like this is a statement of fact.

Your timing blows. Olo saved you from being told off by a whole bunch of people. You should be thanking him instead of being critical of his decision to close a thread that was destined to turn into a trainwreck.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 PM
    Liked 1,084 Times in 726 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    3 posts and it turned into a conspiracy convention?
    Yeah, pretty much. Just no hookers (that I'm aware of).
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Mitch,

Think about this for a second. A country is dealing with a tragic incident where one of their politicians is almost killed by a madman. In that same incident a 9 year old child and 4 others are murdered. Does this seem to be the appropriate time for an outsider (you, for instance) to tell them this is just further illustration as to how fucked up their country is? You then throw in your (I'm sure ridiculously well reseached) opinion that JFK was murdered by his own government. Like this is a statement of fact.

Your timing blows. Olo saved you from being told off by a whole bunch of people. You should be thanking him instead of being critical of his decision to close a thread that was destined to turn into a trainwreck.
    I was on the verge of being told off for one sentence in a post in which I was clarifying somebody elses post to LowLife?

Unbelievable. 3 posts; one and ONLY ONE was solely about the JFK thing and suddenly, I started a an inevitable train wreck.

Unbelievable.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:17 AM
    Liked 6,702 Times in 3,721 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    I was on the verge of being told off for one sentence in a post in which I was clarifying somebody elses post to LowLife?

Unbelievable. 3 posts; one and ONLY ONE was solely about the JFK thing and suddenly, I started a an inevitable train wreck.

Unbelievable.
    you don't need more than 3 posts to say enough to get told off. It's all about timing. Your JRK theory might have been better saved for a thread that was about, I don't know, JFK.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    you don't need more than 3 posts to say enough to get told off. It's all about timing. Your JRK theory might have been better saved for a thread that was about, I don't know, JFK.
    My theory? It was one sentence in ONE POST in response to somebody else! Nobody had to respond to that ONE SENTENCE. My other post in the thread had nothing to do with it if you actually read my posts.

I agree. You'd have to be stupid to BLAME her for what happened. It was just an extremely careless and stupid thing for her to say and put out there. EXTREMELY stupid. Then again it's nothing out of the ordinary from that stupid bitch. Still: "Don't retreat. Reload." and then the whole crosshairs map? What the fuck was she thinking? She deserves all the criticism she is getting, in my opinion.

If Obama said it and this tragedy took place, you can be damn sure people would be jumping ALL OVER him for it.
    That really seems like a post from somebody who wants to start shit in a thread doesn't it?
    Last edited by MF5150; 01.10.11 at 09:57 AM.