Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

07.12.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Default Some EVH Music Man Prototypes

Just saw a new video on youtube by Premier Guitar that showed some EVH Music Man prototypes. I thought it was pretty cool. They also have a link showing a tour of their factory.

\m/ VH \m/

Favorite VH Album

Woman and children first
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 600 Times in 391 Posts

Very cool!!
    Thanks for posting!
    My chat with Mike & Joe from Chickenfoot 1/7/12
    http://bit.ly/yyS5uq

With a real rockstar - Jason Becker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ElJcDdgfT0

NEW single "Heavy Mellow" & The REMIX available on iTunes & worldwide on bandcamp!
    http://johnnybeane.wordpress.com/201...unes-bandcamp/

My bio.
    http://about.me/johnnybeane

"Like" me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/guitaristjohnnybeane

Favorite VH Album

All of them. except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Currently: Six Pack
    Last Online

09.09.13 @ 02:35 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

that white one with the black hardware looks hot!

Eruption
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 10:09 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psrajam91 View Post
    that white one with the black hardware looks hot!
    Yeah, never saw that one before.
    WGAF?!!

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.19.12 @ 10:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I woulda bought that IMMEDIATELY!!! Love the black binding & b&w p/u covers... I am surprized EBMM used the Schaller tremolo, just guess the whole deal Floyd Rose had w/ Fender had a lot to do w/ that... SHARP-AZZ guitar though...
    Last edited by KC5150; 01.03.11 at 09:42 AM.
    I'm takin' whiskey to the party tonite & I'm lookin' for somebody to squeeze

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

I was surprised they were going to use Schaller FR II's! They made the right choice going with the Gotoh. Those Schaller's were junk. They were made of cast iron. I have four of them from guitars equipped with them and over time all of them have stripped threads on some of the saddle adjustments. They don't grip with the threads messed up so if you divebomb or get aggressive with the bar the tuning goes off and your intonation is screwed. I know they did remedy the problem eventually by pressing in threaded inserts for the screws to thread into, but beyond that problem they also lacked tone. Compared to a forged unit those Floyd's sound real dead.
    Very cool video though. It's always cool to see the development of a landmark instrument.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Very cool.

Favorite VH Album

Woman and children first
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 600 Times in 391 Posts

I agree that Floyd Rose 2's are crap.
    The ones where you don't have to cut the balls off anyway.

Ive seen photos of Eddie's main EBMM and it had an original Floyd Rose on it.
    Looked like his EBMM was routed different than production models.
    Had what looked like the same route as the Wolfgang.
    My chat with Mike & Joe from Chickenfoot 1/7/12
    http://bit.ly/yyS5uq

With a real rockstar - Jason Becker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ElJcDdgfT0

NEW single "Heavy Mellow" & The REMIX available on iTunes & worldwide on bandcamp!
    http://johnnybeane.wordpress.com/201...unes-bandcamp/

My bio.
    http://about.me/johnnybeane

"Like" me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/guitaristjohnnybeane

Favorite VH Album

All of Them
    Last Online

02.22.14 @ 05:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Notice that the best thing he could say about working with ED was it was " interesting" !!

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

07.12.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybeane View Post
    I agree that Floyd Rose 2's are crap.
    The ones where you don't have to cut the balls off anyway.

Ive seen photos of Eddie's main EBMM and it had an original Floyd Rose on it.
    Looked like his EBMM was routed different than production models.
    Had what looked like the same route as the Wolfgang.
    It looks like the sunburst prototype had an original Floyd Rose.
    \m/ VH \m/

Favorite VH Album

vh 2
    Last Online

01.21.17 @ 04:23 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spw5150 View Post
    Notice that the best thing he could say about working with ED was it was " interesting" !!
    Yes, I picked up on that. Partially because I was looking for it. Truth be told, I always had it stuck in my head that evh was the easiest rock star in the world to get along with, based upon interviews in the 80's etc. Sometime around 1995 that impression changed.

Now I find myself viewing my hero with OPEN eyes and realizing he is human w/ faults.
    I'll bet drunken behavior had alot to do with evh getting such a lack luster vote of confidence from the dude in the interview. Anybody remember the visit to the kramer factory?
    Wasn't that a debacle as well (hammered)?

Glad evh is sober, it fits him better !! Rawk on!!

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by cav View Post
    Yes, I picked up on that. Partially because I was looking for it. Truth be told, I always had it stuck in my head that evh was the easiest rock star in the world to get along with, based upon interviews in the 80's etc. Sometime around 1995 that impression changed.

Now I find myself viewing my hero with OPEN eyes and realizing he is human w/ faults.
    I'll bet drunken behavior had alot to do with evh getting such a lack luster vote of confidence from the dude in the interview. Anybody remember the visit to the kramer factory?
    Wasn't that a debacle as well (hammered)?

Glad evh is sober, it fits him better !! Rawk on!!
    I do remember an interview a year or so somewhere on the web with a guy who used to work under Paul Unkert. He had a big part in the EVH Kramer era, and he said something like Eddie had a great tone but when it came to guitars he had little perception of what made a guitar actually work well. He said it created all kinds of friction when he said he wanted something a certain way but it went against logic or common sense. Sometimes things would work and often they wouldn't.
    I found it kind of surprising given he was the Golden Child of Kramer for their hayday.
    I guess it goes back to Eddie's trial and error mentality. He learned things by ripping them apart, cannibalizing, and cobbling them back together.

In this interview, I don't think there's a ton to read into the "interesting" comment. They separated on fairly bad terms, so I think he was being diplomatic and loyal to the company. I'm sure there's still some bad feelings there. Take a look at the length of time their other artists have stuck by them.
    For whatever reason Eddie ultimately left EBMM, (insert theory here: lol) he was very unfair to them when he left and developed the Wolfgang.
    When he was with them, he'd say production was low, but he liked it that way because the quality was better. When he left, it was like "Well, they couldn't keep up, and they wouldn't listen to what I wanted..."

It's been the same story with Peavey.

How long will the Fender partnership last? Who knows.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:18 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

Look at Dudley's face when he's being asked the question, right before his "interesting" answer. Eddie was probably a handful to deal with, and I don't mean that in a bad way necessarily...he knows what he wants and is very meticulous about getting it.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:10 AM
    Liked 1,606 Times in 743 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by we die young View Post
    I do remember an interview a year or so somewhere on the web with a guy who used to work under Paul Unkert. He had a big part in the EVH Kramer era, and he said something like Eddie had a great tone but when it came to guitars he had little perception of what made a guitar actually work well. He said it created all kinds of friction when he said he wanted something a certain way but it went against logic or common sense. Sometimes things would work and often they wouldn't.
    I found it kind of surprising given he was the Golden Child of Kramer for their hayday.
    I guess it goes back to Eddie's trial and error mentality. He learned things by ripping them apart, cannibalizing, and cobbling them back together.

In this interview, I don't think there's a ton to read into the "interesting" comment. They separated on fairly bad terms, so I think he was being diplomatic and loyal to the company. I'm sure there's still some bad feelings there. Take a look at the length of time their other artists have stuck by them.
    For whatever reason Eddie ultimately left EBMM, (insert theory here: lol) he was very unfair to them when he left and developed the Wolfgang.
    When he was with them, he'd say production was low, but he liked it that way because the quality was better. When he left, it was like "Well, they couldn't keep up, and they wouldn't listen to what I wanted..."

It's been the same story with Peavey.

How long will the Fender partnership last? Who knows.
    I dont think it was unfair for Ed to go to Peavey after his time at EBMM was finished. What was he supposed to do???

The Peavey thing... Who knows what happened there. Satriani didn't hang around PV for long so maybe Peavey aren't the easiest people to work for either.
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie5150 View Post
    I dont think it was unfair for Ed to go to Peavey after his time at EBMM was finished. What was he supposed to do???

The Peavey thing... Who knows what happened there. Satriani didn't hang around PV for long so maybe Peavey aren't the easiest people to work for either.
    Oh no I don't mean unfair to go to Peavey. He's free to do whatever, but he on more than one occasion trashed EBMM in the process. Just kind of classless.
    All I meant was the guitar should sell itself on it's own merit. The EBMM was a great guitar and their a good company with excellent artist relations. Eddie's the only one I can think of who dragged them through the mud saying they were too slow, and didn't listen to what he wanted.
    Just nonsense.