Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

07.25.17 @ 05:16 PM
    Liked 1,184 Times in 435 Posts

Default North Korea threatens 'sacred' nuclear war if attacked

North and South Korea beat the drums of war Thursday, with each threatening the other with immediate retaliation if attacked.

Seoul has staged days of military drills in a show of force meant to deter North Korea, including live-fire exercises earlier this week on a front-line island shelled by the North last month. Angered by the exercises, North Korea threatened Thursday it would launch a "sacred" nuclear war if Seoul hit it and warned that even the smallest intrusion on its territory would bring a devastating response.

The two sides are still technically at war because their 1950-53 conflict ended in a truce not a peace treaty, and a U.S. governor who recently made an unofficial diplomatic mission to the North has said the situation on the peninsula is a "tinderbox" and the worst he had ever seen it.

Still, the latest rhetoric seemed likely to be just that, words aimed at stirring pride at home and keeping the rival at bay.

Defense chief Kim Yong Chun said North Korea is "fully prepared to launch a sacred war" and would use its nuclear capabilities, calling Monday's drills a "grave military provocation" that indicated South Korea and the U.S. are plotting to invade the North.

Kim told a national meeting in Pyongyang that the North's military will deal "more devastating physical blows" to its enemies if they cross into the North's territory even slightly. He also threatened to "wipe out" South Korea and the U.S. if they start a war, the official Korean Central News Agency said in a dispatch.

North Korea is believed to have enough weaponized plutonium for at least a half-dozen atomic bombs. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said in April that the United States knows that the North has "somewhere between one and six nuclear weapons."

While Kim's remarks mentioned South Korea's military drills, it's more telling that they come on the eve of the 19th anniversary of leader Kim Jong Il's appointment as the supreme military commander — a day when Pyongyang will want to rev up patriotic spirit.

Earlier Thursday, South Korea's president vowed a strong response if North Korea attacks again as his military conducted its largest air-and-ground firing drills of the year at training grounds near the tense Korean border.

"I had thought that we could safeguard peace if we had patience, but that wasn't the case," President Lee Myung-bak said during a visit to a front-line army base near the Koreas' eastern land border, according to his office. "Our military must ... make unsparing response if it suffers surprise attacks."

Near the Koreas' land border, South Korean tanks fired artillery and fighter jets zoomed by to drop bombs Thursday, signaling South Korea's determination to demonstrate and hone its military strength at the risk of further escalation with North Korea.

The boom of cannons echoed through the valley, and the hills erupted in smoke at training grounds in mountainous Pocheon about 20 miles (30 kilometers) from the border. Rockets streamed through the air and slammed into the side of a hill as helicopters overhead fired at targets and F-15 jet fighters dropped bombs.

The drills were the armed forces' largest joint firing exercises this year and the biggest-ever wintertime air and ground firing exercises in terms of the number of weapons mobilized and fired, government and army officials said.

New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson warned in an interview Wednesday that violence could flare anew between the two rivals if the South continues its drills and the North abandons its stated intention of refraining from retaliation.

Exactly one month ago, routine South Korean live-fire drills from Yeonpyeong Island in the Yellow Sea triggered a shower of North Korean artillery that killed two marines and two construction workers. It was the first military attack on a civilian area since the Korean War.

North Korea, which claims the waters around the South Korean-held island lying just seven miles (11 kilometers) from its shores as its territory, accused the South of provoking the exchange by ignoring Pyongyang's warnings against staging the live-fire drills near their disputed maritime border.

China — North Korea's only major ally — called again for restraint on Thursday.

"The current situation remains highly complicated and sensitive," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu told a regular briefing. "We appeal to the relevant parties to keep calm, exercise restraint, and adopt responsible attitudes and do more to ease the situation and safeguard peace and stability on the peninsula,"

The military tension over the past month has soared, and comes on the heels of the March sinking of a South Korean warship that a Seoul-led international investigation blamed on Pyongyang, but which North Korea denies. Forty-six sailors died.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.26.17 @ 03:42 AM
    Liked 16,056 Times in 7,873 Posts

Premium Member

One to six nuclear weapons, HA!, we disarm more than that in a week.

Fuck'em. Let them fight each other and let China worry about it.

In my mind it is not our problem.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many!
    Last Online

12.04.14 @ 10:23 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post

Easy there DD....my brother lives in Seoul.....let me get him and his wife out of there first then the North & South can go fuck each other!! This shit makes me nervous!
    Love should NOT be work, it should be as easy as breathing Dave's Dreidel

My god, our government has less secrets than Van Halen. Emperor Brett

I'm a Democrat and an Atheist, but I've yet to receive my ticket to Hell. Is this something I call Live Nation about or what? JakeK21

I feel it takes far more energy to hate than love. Well outside of Obamacare, How Many Say I and Heineken beer. ziggysmalls

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 5,873 Times in 2,921 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post

Word. One to six? Shit. One of our subs has that. Bring that shit.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 06:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

personally, i think we (the west) should pull out all of our personel, citizens and business's and let the stupid fuckers wipe each other out...then when the dust settles, build a huge McDonalds on it!
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K., VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Light up the sky, Humans Being
    Last Online

05.27.15 @ 07:46 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

We absolutely have to business ever getting involved in this conflict. If they want to start world war III, then go right ahead. otherwise let them go at it.
    Personal Link
    www.facebook.com/TWDJR

Band Links:
    www.facebook.com/azmythband
    www.myspace.com/azmythband
    www.soundclick.com/azmythus
    www.azmythmusic.com

"Does anyone elses grandmother drink bacon grease?"

"I could barely see the ham, from the steam comin off of it, i reached down, between its legs, and cut a piece off" ... "Hamina"

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 10:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    personally, i think we (the west) should pull out all of our personel, citizens and business's and let the stupid fuckers wipe each other out...then when the dust settles, build a huge McDonalds on it!
    BRILLIANT!
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 5,873 Times in 2,921 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I'm more worried about leprechauns than north Korea doing anything. It's all talk.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 06:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

time for a pre emptive strike.
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

“ Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) ” FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 07:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What, NK is threatening war? Wow, I will hold my breath...*drinks glass of water*....
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

07.08.17 @ 11:24 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

So, we go into Iraq and Afghanistan, but we don't do anything about North Korea...

What's the fuckin' deal???
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 05:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fast98dodge View Post
    So, we go into Iraq and Afghanistan, but we don't do anything about North Korea...

What's the fuckin' deal???
    Going out on a limb here, but NK's "best friend" holds the "note" on our "house." We don't dare piss off China, or they may just call for payment in full.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

07.08.17 @ 11:24 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Good point, I think we should be really nice to North Korea until we pay off our debt to their "friend"...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 05:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fast98dodge View Post
    Good point, I think we should be really nice to North Korea until we pay off our debt to their "friend"...
    Not nice so much, but a little more tolerant/diplomatic.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT, II, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

AS IS
    Last Online

05.26.15 @ 04:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

can we just turn get it over with and turn N.Korea into the future parking lot of Disneyland Korea?
    -----HuBBs5150-----

"Meet us in the future not the pasture!" - DLR, Aug 13th 2007

What is GamingVision?