Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

FBI: Holiday gatherings could be targets

Washington (CNN) -- U.S. officials say they have no specific and credible information about planned terror attacks on the United States, but they have issued an intelligence bulletin to state and local law enforcement warning terrorists could target large crowds at holiday gatherings.

The Department of Homeland Security and FBI issued an intelligence bulletin Wednesday to encourage law enforcement agencies to be watchful.

"Terrorists may seek to exploit the likely significant psychological impact of an attack targeting mass gatherings in large metropolitan areas during the 2010 holiday season which has symbolic importance to many in the United States," the bulletin says, a copy of which was obtained by CNN. "We continue to assess, however, the timing of a terrorist attack depends more on terrorists' readiness to execute an attack rather than a desire to attack on a specific date."

The law enforcement notice was intended to reach only state and local law enforcement groups. It suggests various tactics to counter any possible attack by terrorists who might have improvised explosive devices or small arms. Those suggestions include installing barriers to separate vehicles from crowds and posting added security people in areas where large numbers of people gather.

U.S. officials say issuing these advisories before holidays has become "standard practice" in recent years. The intelligence warning lists the types of gatherings and locations which could be attractive to terrorists including parades, religious and cultural activities, shopping malls, airports and public transportation systems, and sporting events.

Another feature of the advisories is to list recent events which law enforcement should keep in mind as they assess the intention of terrorists to attempt new attacks. This year's advisory notes the recent attempt by al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula to hide bombs in copiers and ship them to the United States as air cargo: the recent arrest of a naturalized American citizen who allegedly wanted to set off a vehicle bomb during a Christmas tree lighting in Portland, Oregon; two recent explosions set off in crowded shopping areas in Stockholm, Sweden; and the failed attempt of a naturalized U.S. citizen to set off a vehicle bomb in Times Square last May.

The bulletin only briefly mentions a holiday time terror attack which remains front and center in the minds of law enforcement and counterterrorism officials. Last Christmas a young Nigerian man named Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab allegedly tried to detonate an explosive device sewn into his underwear as his flight headed toward Detroit. Abdumutallab pleaded not guilty earlier Thursday to a new charges brought against him.

It does not mention information shared by Iraq it said came from captured insurgents who said al Qaeda in Iraq was planning suicide attacks in the United States and Europe over the holidays. A U.S. official said the report was being taken seriously, although there is no intelligence backing up the claims.

A U.S. counterterrorism official added there is no "new, specific credible threat to Europe." According to this official, a terror threat to Europe which came to light a few months ago has been disrupted, but is not over.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:11 AM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

I have no specific or credible information either but I am pretty sure a case of beer will be obliterated in my house this weekend.

Seriously though, a report like this comes out every CHRISTMAS and every 4th of July
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

This is such complete and utter bullshit.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:16 AM
    Liked 797 Times in 382 Posts

Premium Member

The DHS should use Christmas lights to keep us advised of terror threat levels over the holidays.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Well, I know there's no chance of a terrorist attack at our company Christmas party.

We can't afford one this year.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

I know if you walk thru downtown Baltimore you can get attacked even when its not a holiday.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    Well, I know there's no chance of a terrorist attack at our company Christmas party.

We can't afford one this year.
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Seriously, what can a person do with this information? Stay at home? Get paranoid? Point fingers? Bake cookies?

The xmas unicorn is going to stick his horn right up your arse.

Zero evidence of course, but if it does happen I can say I told you so.

Watch the fuck out for fundamentalist christmas unicorns.

Level purplish-blancmange warning.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by hotforteacher921 View Post
    nice.

Sadly no, I don't work for an outfit as well-off as Nakatomi.
    Seriously though, the last holiday party I was at for the company was so damn dorky, I was wishing Hans and the boys would show up. Definitely would've made the night more interesting.

The xmas unicorn is going to stick his horn right up your arse.
    I'd pay ten bucks just to see that.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!