Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:45 AM
    Liked 2,239 Times in 1,357 Posts

Default Fed up with rowdy kids, bus driver drops kids off at police station

Sometimes, you just can't take it anymore.

Of course there is outrage among the parents .......personally, I think that the kids should have been kept at the police station and had their parents called to come pick them up.....let the parents be inconvenienced by their kids bad behaviour....but the parents would have probably been even more outraged that their precious little ones had to spend time at the po-po's

Pennsylvania school bus driver takes rowdy kids to police station

A Pennsylvania bus driver took some students to the Swissvale Police Department instead of to their homes for misbehaving, and now some parents are outraged.
    Davelle Saverly said her 12-year-old son, who attends Woodland Hills Junior High School, and several other students were taken to the police station by an after school activities bus driver.
    "The bus driver went to the police station and police came on the bus, flashed the lights and from my son's story made most of the kids walk home," said Saverly.
    According to the school, the driver works for contractor A.J. Myers Transportation.
    The school confirmed that the driver brought the students to police because they were "acting up and were out of control."
    The Woodland Hills School District said an officer had everyone on board get off of the bus and after calming everyone down, told them to get back on the bus to be taken home.
    But instead of getting back on the bus, some students choose to walk home instead, said the spokeswoman.

The Woodland Hills spokeswoman said those who chose to walk home were given an option to call their parents from the police station, but none of the student chose to do so.
    Saverly said she's upset that her son walked home alone. "It's dark and cold outside. I feel he should have taken the kids back to the school if anything, not drop them off and they walk. Regardless of what the situation was, them kids should have been forced to get back on the bus," said Saverly. "They should have been forced to stay on that bus or kept at that police station and every parent called, one or the other."
    The school district said they are working to identify the students who were being disruptive on the bus and they will face disciplinary actions.

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

he should be fired.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:18 AM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

he should be given a medal!

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

I wonder what the kids were doing. When I was in junior high and had to ride a bus to school it was chaos and a lot of fun. We used to bring beers on the bus in the morning, sometimes water balloons to throw at joggers and even a few times bottle rockets which we would shoot out the window towards the front of the bus to scare the driver. Man, the good ol days. We were never driven to the police station though.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Sorry Mike. I'm not with you on this one and I hope there was a video camera on this bus. I'm willing to bet the driver did what he could to try and calm them down, then went to the police station.

Having driven a school bus, there were two times I had to have police show up on my route to remove rowdy kids. Of course poor Johnny's mommy could never imagine her sweet, innocent angel being the problem. Until the video tape was reviewed.

The district I worked four had cameras in each bus. One on the driver, the passenger area (to watch the students), the entry door and a forward facing camera to monitor what the driver sees out the windshield. Like police dash cams, they had the read out on the screen to monitor the vehicle speed, when the lighs are activated, and a GPS unit to monitor the location of each time the bus stopped, to make sure it was hitting the stops at the right times, etc. The recording unit was store in a locked compartment that only the transportatin supervisor had access to. That way if any questions popped up, they went to the video.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Love this story. Good for the driver. I'm sure the kids were being total punks.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

01.01.13 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

"Them kids...."

Excellent vocabulary, Mom....

The driver should be commended for standing up and doing what was right. But I'm sure a lawsuit is hanging in the balance....
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." -Neil Young

"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken." -Bob Dylan

"If you go out and buy a Van Halen record and put it in your collection, it'll melt your other records." -David Lee Roth, 1981.

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
    Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit!!! It'll HURT MORE!!!

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

The man has a job to do. That is to drive the kids home. If you can't do that because the kids don't behave you can find something else to do with your life as far as a job is concerned.

I'm not saying that the kids were acting great (I imagine they weren't given what he did) but you don't drive your customers (and that's what they are) to a police station just because you can. And I don't blame kids for not getting back on the bus after the cop calmed things down. I wouldn't want that lunatic driving me anywhere after he concluded that driving kids to a police station was a reasonable thing to do. If that were a regular bus and the driver stopped making stops but instead drove all the passengers to a police station, how long would it take for him to be fired? The second he made that decision he effectively quit his job.

He clearly cannot be trusted to do his job and if my kid was on the bus I can assure you that I would pushing for him to be out of work (right after I cursed my kid out for being part of the idiots on the bus).

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

I'll save comment for the inevitable release of the onboard video.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    I'll save comment for the inevitable release of the onboard video.
    outside of someone having a weapon or there being fights on the bus I'm having difficulty coming up with an explanation of his action. If that was the case, I'm thinking it would have been in the story. Just a hunch. But if that's the case then I don't have a huge issue with what he did.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:18 AM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    The man has a job to do. That is to drive the kids home. If you can't do that because the kids don't behave you can find something else to do with your life as far as a job is concerned.

I'm not saying that the kids were acting great (I imagine they weren't given what he did) but you don't drive your customers (and that's what they are) to a police station just because you can. And I don't blame kids for not getting back on the bus after the cop calmed things down. I wouldn't want that lunatic driving me anywhere after he concluded that driving kids to a police station was a reasonable thing to do. If that were a regular bus and the driver stopped making stops but instead drove all the passengers to a police station, how long would it take for him to be fired? The second he made that decision he effectively quit his job.

He clearly cannot be trusted to do his job and if my kid was on the bus I can assure you that I would pushing for him to be out of work (right after I cursed my kid out for being part of the idiots on the bus).
    The man's job is to drive the kids home safely. I know how hard it can be to concentrate on driving when you have three kids in the back acting like retards - can't imagine a bus full of them. I would imagine he made an effort to get them to settle down. Failing that, he felt taking them to the police station might drive the point home. Sure as hell beats dropping them off in the bad part of town (unless that's where they're from to begin with!). And yes, the police should've taken them inside and called each and every one of their parents, instead of making it optional.

Unless it is shown on the video that the driver made no attempt to calm the students other than driving to the police station, then there is no reason for him to lose his job. Might be worth switching his route, however.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    outside of someone having a weapon or there being fights on the bus I'm having difficulty coming up with an explanation of his action. If that was the case, I'm thinking it would have been in the story. Just a hunch. But if that's the case then I don't have a huge issue with what he did.
    That's pretty much why I'd like to see the video.

If some mini-thugs were on the bus looking to stir the shit, I'm 100% on this guy's side.

If it was just a case of "I'm not taking this crappy job anymore" then yes.....dude deserves not only to be fired but whatever child-endangerment charges could be applicable (unlikely though since he did drop them off at the safety of a police station).
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    Unless it is shown on the video that the driver made no attempt to calm the students other than driving to the police station, then there is no reason for him to lose his job. Might be worth switching his route, however.
    Or banning the kids that were causing the trouble from taking the bus and making it the parents issue to deal with as far as getting their kids to school.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

more info on the story. i'm starting to lean towards the driver if there were threats made.

Woodland Hills school officials said yesterday they will discipline students who got so rowdy on an after-school bus ride the driver took them to the Swissvale police station.

The unnamed driver for A.J. Myers and Sons drove to the station Friday when the group of junior high students refused to settle down, said school district spokeswoman Maria McCool. The driver resumed the route without incident after officers spoke with the kids, McCool said.

"There were kids on board who were acting inappropriately," McCool said. "The bus driver felt they were out of control. They weren't listening to him. He felt it was an unsafe situation, so he stopped at the police station. The police came out, and when the police came out, they calmed down."

Swissvale police would not comment. The bus company did not return a call for comment.

McCool said 35 students were heading home on the bus after basketball tryouts and cheerleading at Woodland Hills Junior High in Swissvale about 5 p.m. The bus was close to the police station when a disturbance broke out, and the driver decided on his own to stop at the station.

McCool said students made threats, but she did not know whether they threatened the driver or each other. Police did not cite any students.

Although several children decided to walk home from the police station, McCool said nobody was ejected from the bus, and all were offered a ride home. She said the walkers had an option to call their parents from the police station.

The district was investigating the incident, and McCool could not provide estimates for how many students were involved or how many walked home. She said the district would identify the offending students and punish them based on the disrict's conduct policy. Junior high Principal Dawn Golden will determine punishment.

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

25 years ago I bet this driver is applauded by the parents as a nice little lesson for the kids. Of course these days it warrants outrage and threats of losing a job.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.