Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

America's Third War: Texas Strikes Back

“I never thought that we’d be in this paramilitary type of engagement. It's a war on the border," said Captain Stacy Holland with the Texas Department of Public Safety.

Holland leads a fleet of 16 state-of-the-art helicopters that make up the aviation assets used by the Texas DPS to fight Mexican drug cartels.

In recent years, the cartels have become bolder and more ruthless.

They cross the border with AK-47s on their backs, wearing military camouflage. They recruit in prisons and schools on the American side. Spotters sit in duck blinds along the Rio Grande and call out the positions of the U.S. Border Patrol.

To combat the cartels, the Texas Department of Public Safety is launching a counterinsurgency.

Tactical strike teams send field intelligence they gather to Austin to a joint operation intelligence center, or JOIC in military terminology.

“It certainly is a war in a sense that we’re doing what we can to protect Texans and the rest of the nation from clearly a threat that has emerged over the last several years,” said Former FBI prosecutor Steve McCraw, who runs the undeclared "war."

And now that there is added pressure on the cartels, the drug runners are employing new techniques, known as a splash down. When the heat is on, they attempt to return to Mexico with the drugs, often times in broad daylight. And because the Texas law enforcement’s authority ends at the border -- in this case the river -- they even have time to put on their life jackets.

“The cartels may be ruthless, they may be vicious, they may be cowardly ... but they’re not stupid,” said McCraw. “They’ll adapt their tactics and recently they’ve adapted their tactics to utilize smaller loads, cross with rafts, stolen vehicles on our side.”

President Barack Obama and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano have recently said the Mexican border is more secure now than it has been in 20 years, but some along this border strongly disagree.

"To suggest the southwest border is secure is ridiculous," said Holland.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:59 PM
    Liked 797 Times in 382 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post

“I never thought that we’d be in this paramilitary type of engagement. It's a war on the border," said Captain Stacy Holland with the Texas Department of Public Safety.

President Barack Obama and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano have recently said the Mexican border is more secure now than it has been in 20 years, but some along this border strongly disagree.
    Don't these border states ever learn? They're leaving our beloved Obama but one option now. Sue Texas!

"To suggest the southwest border is secure is ridiculous," said Holland.
    Obama should sue this guy.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Premium Member

As Obama Tours India, Our Border Woes Worsen

Border: As President Obama tours India in the style of an Ottoman sultan, the gates of his own nation remain under siege. Five more Americans were killed in Mexico this week, with little interest from Washington.

How is it the White House can scare up $200 million a day for a presidential visit to India — for a pasha-like caravan of 3,000 people, 34 battleships, hundreds of helicopters and loaded hotels for 10 days of peacock diplomacy — but deliver few reinforcements to the battle zone our own border has become?

That's the sad reality as one considers the extravagant costs of President Obama's 10-day trip to India and other Asian countries while the resources committed to securing our border and helping our desperately struggling neighbor, Mexico, go wanting.

Wednesday, Mexican cartels murdered another American, Eder Diaz, 23, a University of Texas-El Paso student visiting his family in Juarez. His friend Manuel Acosta, 25, whose citizenship is not known yet, was also killed. Diaz's death made him the fifth American killed in Mexico this week. The State Department says 92 Americans were killed in Mexico from June 2009 to June 2010.

Diaz won't be the last, because in reality, families and businesses are intimately entwined across our southern Border. But nearly 100 dead Americans is unacceptable.
    The White House offers only silence. There won't be a $2 billion presidential visit to the frontier where the killings are happening anytime soon. Immigration activists say about 4,300 Americans are killed by illegal immigrants every year as our border goes unguarded.

One bad U.S. killing stands out: in suburban Phoenix, where three cartel members beheaded a rival last month. Chandler, Ariz., police say Mexico's cartels operating on U.S. soil are the suspects. In the past, such depravity had been dismissed as unlikely here because cartels would be too afraid. Well, not anymore.

The cartels in fact are operating here easily. On Thursday, U.S. agents arrested 45 cartel members known as La Familia Michoacan in Atlanta. La Familia, run by a drug lord known as "El Mas Loco," is the craziest of all the cartels. Based in central Mexico, the group is known for its bizarre religious rituals and freakish crimes. In 2006, they rolled severed heads like bowling balls onto a dance hall floor. Now they're here.

The problem here comes down to two issues: As the president spends $2 billion to impress India's locals, his country is doing little on one of its most vital foreign policy priorities: protecting our border and helping our neighbor Mexico win its brutal drug war.

How is it that $2 billion can gets splashed out on a trip to India while the Merida Initiative to help Mexico fight its cartels gets a mere $400 million a year? Mexico's president, Felipe Calderon, says he needs help, and the sad thing is that U.S. aid in this kind of war is known to be effective — as it had been in Colombia. How much more critical it is in the case of the war on our own border.

Perhaps more outrageously, the border fence, meant to keep cartel business out, approved in 2006 as the Secure Fence Act, hasn't been built. Unless completed, the $3 billion spent will be little more than another chapter in the annals of U.S. government waste.

We see a skewed sense of White House priorities.

The president on the one hand is making an extravagant show of U.S. might and power in India. Yet back home, barbarian hordes at our gates are killing U.S. nationals and literally streaming over our border as the leader of the Free World does nothing.

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnal...?id=552812&p=2

First Lady Michelle Obama plays hopscotch at the “Make A Difference” (MAD) program at the University of Mumbai in Mumbai, India, Nov. 7, 2010. MAD volunteers use creative outlets, like a vocabulary-building hopscotch game to teach english to underprivileged children.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 3,116 Times in 1,827 Posts

Premium Member

Sadly, with the misinformation about drugs and a lack of people connecting the war in Mexico to drug prohibition, this will only get worse, and worse, and worse, and worse.

As I posted in the marijuana thread, the people of Mexico, especially those in Ciudad Juarez and the Texas border town Reynosa, live under siege.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Sadly, with the misinformation about drugs and a lack of people connecting the war in Mexico to drug prohibition, this will only get worse, and worse, and worse, and worse.

As I posted in the marijuana thread, the people of Mexico, especially those in Ciudad Juarez and the Texas border town Reynosa, live under siege.
    I have a few friends who grew up in Reynosa as a matter of fact. Recently, his brother went back home for a little R&R.

While standing in the middle of a busy street, an explosion went off, a pharmacist grabbed him just as a humvee with one of those guns on top began firing at this feet. The brother spent the next several hours in a panic room in the back of the pharmacist's little shop.

Crazy stuff.

But yeah, it's not like the cartels are coming over and forcing people to get high and this silly notion of "drug pushers" that so many of us grew up with is absurd. The demand is here, no matter how many excuses people want to make. US citizens want to get high.

Can't really blame them...between the retardation evident on the internet, television, radio, newspapers, magazines and weekly rags and the retardation that spews from normal people's mouths..."aw EPIC!" "yeah...FAIL" or my personal favourite..."awwww....face meet palm!" I want to get high just to avoid it all. That's to say nothing of the actual problems facing all of us every day.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

I seem to remember Pat Buchanan stating that border security was the #1 danger facing the United States. That was back in 2000 or so. At the time, I thought that was ridiculous

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:52 AM
    Liked 4,808 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

I am not sure if you are referring to his book "Death of the West" which talked about the declining birth rates of the USA and Europe. Discussed about how immigration issues were going to drastically change the west due to a variety of issues.

People think he is a nut job but he pretty much foretold everything that is happening right now.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

im ready to start blasting some drug dealers.
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

“ Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) ” FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Their tactics rival those of Al Qaeda: summary executions, kidnappings, torture, and beheadings.

Mexican cartels have executed more than 10,000 people since January -- five times the rate three years ago, before Mexican President Felipe Calderon deployed his military against the syndicates.

The cartel's origins were confirmed in a video sent to the Dallas Morning News in 2005, in which two men identified themselves as former Special Forces who moonlighted by recruiting from the Mexican Special Forces for the cartels.

“They were trained in operations, special operations by our best of the best and then they went back to Mexico,” Rep. Ted Poe of Texas said. “And what happened was they didn’t stay with the military, they defected because the drug cartels pay more money.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/19...-drug-cartels/
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 PM
    Liked 1,084 Times in 726 Posts

Premium Member

But Janet Napalitano says the border is secure. What gives????
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Everything in the article is accurate but we cannot expect the President of the US not to travel overseas during his term in office for diplomatic relations. I don't know if every dime of the 2 billion dollar price tag they've put on this visit to all the countries he is going to is necessary or even accurate (probably like everything else with government there is waste) but to say you can only have one or the other is absurd.

Broke, you talk about the stupidity all around us and to me, this article is a perfect example. Talk about the problem, tell us the names, put faces with the names of those who are living in this war zone and are dying but stop with the political bullshit of Obama just doesn't care. This article is just like it was with Bush all over again. People not looking at solving the problem but pointing fingers at what they think the other side is doing wrong.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by loveevhsince79 View Post
    People not looking at solving the problem but pointing fingers at what they think the other side is doing wrong.

That actually sounds exactly like the President. Pointing fingers at what he thinks the other side is doing wrong (even suing them for it). All the while telling the American people that there is no problem, and doing nothing to solve the problem.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by loveevhsince79 View Post
    Everything in the article is accurate but we cannot expect the President of the US not to travel overseas during his term in office for diplomatic relations. I don't know if every dime of the 2 billion dollar price tag they've put on this visit to all the countries he is going to is necessary or even accurate (probably like everything else with government there is waste) but to say you can only have one or the other is absurd.

Broke, you talk about the stupidity all around us and to me, this article is a perfect example. Talk about the problem, tell us the names, put faces with the names of those who are living in this war zone and are dying but stop with the political bullshit of Obama just doesn't care. This article is just like it was with Bush all over again. People not looking at solving the problem but pointing fingers at what they think the other side is doing wrong.
    I agree with you.

The border is a mess...for lots of reasons but the problem gets lost because they use it as just another basis for ridiculous criticism of the president. It becomes just another political game of ping pong.

I recently read a great article about the Texas budget in Texas Monthly. The guy writing the article does NOT like Govenor Perry...at all but this article wasn't about Perry, his wasteful spending, his constant politicing, none of that.

It was brass tacks (with dollar amounts) talk about how to balance the state budget...there was nothing partisan about it, neither the democrat fools or the republican fools would support the cuts because both of them lose a ton.

And that's what the damn problem is...as long as the merry go round continues...well, the merry go round will continue.

I'm done with politics in the US. Honestly until someone grabs their balls and effects some measure of legitimate change then it's all for not. We're all wasting our breath...and the Tea Party is bullshit...sorry folks but they proved it this past election. Change my ass...revolution my ass...just another turn on the merry go round.

How many independents and third, fourth, fifth and sixth party candidates were elected? How many non-lawyers were elected? How many non-career politicians were elected? Exactly. Bunch of nonsense.

This time it's Obama catching all the shit, before him it was GW, before him it was Clinton before him it was G1. After Obama it will be whoever.

Doesn't matter. The only thing that changes is who bitches and who is getting bitched at.

It's more retarded than college and fraternity fascism.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 3,116 Times in 1,827 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    I'm done with politics in the US. Honestly until someone grabs their balls and effects some measure of legitimate change then it's all for not. We're all wasting our breath...and the Tea Party is bullshit...sorry folks but they proved it this past election. Change my ass...revolution my ass...just another turn on the merry go round.

How many independents and third, fourth, fifth and sixth party candidates were elected? How many non-lawyers were elected? How many non-career politicians were elected? Exactly. Bunch of nonsense.
    Exactly. All these polls say that a majority of Americans want fiscal conservatives who are social liberals. Tell me, where does the Libertarian party finish in every major election? 1-4%? There's really no one out there that fits that description in either major party.