Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Default Sequels you wish WOULD happen

With an overabundance of worthless, pointless follow-ups and "reboots" its tough to want to see even your favorite movie icons on the screen again even if they rocked your world for 9 bucks and 90 min to two hours of your life.

Here's a few things I wouldn't mind see being made, but am fairly certain will never EVER happen.

Spider Man 4 - Yeah, I know people were done with Tobey Macguire, but I'm amoung the few to say that he nailed the role of Peter Parker and also thought Sam Raimi stayed true to the vision of the comics. Spidey 3 left a bad taste in a lot of mouths (mostly due to a dumb-ass dance number) but I thought everyone involved did a stunning job even though they were pretty much forced to cram too much into one movie. I'd like to see them all return, but the inevitable reboot is nigh. Yay.

An Indy 5 without the involvment of George Lucas and Shredded LaBeef - Need I really say more? That last chapter was a cinematic tumor to be removed before spreading and killing a beloved franchise. The Transformer Kid has ZERO business being in the Indyverse and Lucas should be ashamed of himself for the story of the last flick. Fucking terrible.

Making The Grade 2 - Huh? So there's this teen-comedy that came out in the 80's (stop me if you've heard this one) that didnt do so well in the theaters but was a hit on cable. It starred Judd Nelson and some guy who never worked again as, respectively, a young street con artist who is hired to pose as a rich student to attend a prep school so said student can present a diploma that he didn't earn and collect an inheritance.

Oh yeah.....pretty sure this film marked the acting debut of one Andrew "Dice" Clay.

Yup...sounds crappy but it was still funny. Anyway, at the end of this Hughe-era masterpiece just before the credits, it was promised that a sequel ("Tourista") was in the works. Never got made. Big shock, but I wanted to see it. Not so much now, but back then....anyway.

Breakfast Club 2 - Dunno about anyone else but I'm damned curious at the prospect of seeing The Jock, The Brain, The Rebel, The Princess, and The Basket Case 25 years later. Suppose they are brought together again by a common event...perhaps the death of Dick ('scuse me...Rich) brings them all to the funeral and some old feelings or wounds are not quite resolved. Who knows? I just want to see these characters again in their middle-aged versions. Could be interesting.

Fast Times 2 - Same as above. Would love to see the middle-age version of the original characters, maybe trying to relate to their own teenagers all now attending the same school. I think Cameron Crowe could do something good with this.

Navarone 3 - Ever since seeing F10 from Navarone for the first time as a kid, I was chomping at the bit to see if the team ever made it back across the river before the German Army, pissed as shit about losing their dam, came flooding into the Sarajevo forest looking for them. Obviously the parts would have be recast 32 years later, but I'd love to see an escape attempt across Yugoslavia, dodging the Germans and the Chetniks.

Star Trek with Shatner and/or Stewart - The New Trek was good. But I just gotta see the original Capt Kirk and/or Picard again on the big screen. Any Trek fan would.

Incredibles II - Forget about it being one of the best things Pixar ever put through a rendering farm...Exceptional superhero flick, and one that begs for continuation of some kind. Sure, Disney might someday revisit this license. After all, they only took 25 years to realize that people still like "Tron".

Rocketeer II - Another forgotten Disney film and one of the better adventures to come along. Great comic book flick and the setting of 1930's Los Angeles only enhanced the fun. The ending left things wide-the-hell-open for a follow up that was promptly left out in the cold.

Star Wars, Episodes 7-9 (The Thrawn Trilogy) - Before I proceed any further on this concept, it bears repeating.....LUCAS KEEPS HIS MITTS OFF THIS ONE. This series of books was written by someone else anyway, and the author's appreciation for the franchise shone thru with every page. Three books written as direct sequels to the events of the forgettable Return of the Jedi followed the remnants of the Empire being led by a brilliant military tactician who allies with a fallen Jedi to take on The New Republic. Awesome set of stories that made thorough and brillant use of the characters we know and created some great new ones as well....especially the heavy, Grand Admiral Thrawn. There might still be time to get the original actors on board to do this....but given Ford's well documented disdain for the Han Solo character, I wouldn't wait up.

Flash Gordon II - Von Sydow, Sam Jones, Tim Dalton, Brian Blessed, and Brian May. All still very much alive. Call 'em!!!
    Last edited by LLFHS; 11.14.10 at 01:28 PM.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 09:43 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Big Lebowski 2- Dude gets a new rug.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:39 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

Strange Brew!

I'd also like to see Spielberg make a sequel to Close Encounters of the Third Kind. It'd be cool if the aliens returned Roy Neary to Earth 30 years later. The problem would be that you'd need a new Richard Dreyfuss as the Neary character would still have to look like a 30 year old.

BTW- I'd go see Breakfast Club 2 and Fast Times 2.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:50 PM
    Liked 1,340 Times in 919 Posts

I agree on the "Spider Man 4" thoughts

I'm looking forward to seeing the next "Star Trek" with the new crew. Shatner's the bomb, but I don't see him pulling off Kirk anymore unless he's retired and passing on his wisdom to someone younger.

"Close Encounters" is one of my favourites, but I'm not sure where you could go with the sequel. The story would pretty much centre around Neary going to find Jillian or Ronnie, so it would be more a love story then alien coolness. Maybe Neary instantly ages to his normal age as soon as he's been on earth for a few hours so that gets around the not being able to use Dreyfuss thing!

I'd like to see the Broccolis completely throw history in the dumpster and re-do the Blofeld trilogy (properly) with Daniel Craig

so many of the movies that I like are either real old or had important characters die off (or both), so it's hard to think of sequels I'd like to see. But maybe I will, eventually!

Last Online

10.19.15 @ 11:50 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

Dumb and Dumber 2 must have Jeff Daniels & Jim Carry. Jeff Daniela already said that he is up for it but Jim Carry said he doesn't like to do sequels even though he he done sequels in the past.

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:42 AM
    Liked 739 Times in 407 Posts

Premium Member

I'd love to see a sequel to 'Shooter' - a fantastic Mark Wallberg movie - if you haven' seen it - do yourself a favour and check it out.

Also - would love to see follow up's to 'Big Trouble in Little China' and 'The Thing' ...both staring Kurt Russel - just as god intended.

Also - a follow up to Con Air...that would be pretty awesome.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post

An Indy 5 without the involvment of George Lucas and Shredded LaBeef - Need I really say more? That last chapter was a cinematic tumor to be removed before spreading and killing a beloved franchise. The Transformer Kid has ZERO business being in the Indyverse and Lucas should be ashamed of himself for the story of the last flick. Fucking terrible.
    I with you on this one but I think should Lucas should stay on as the writer ONLY because it wouldnt feel right without him. Sure, Indy 4 sucked the cock of many men but I think with some writing direction, Lucas and Spielberg could knock out a killer 5th Indy

Star Trek with Shatner and/or Stewart - The New Trek was good. But I just gotta see the original Capt Kirk and/or Picard again on the big screen. Any Trek fan would.
    I would actually really like to see another TNG movie that would hopefully cover for that POS Nemesis. Even Stewart and Frakes have said that they want to do another movie. The rest of the cast though....eh im not too sure.

Incredibles II - Forget about it being one of the best things Pixar ever put through a rendering farm...Exceptional superhero flick, and one that begs for continuation of some kind. Sure, Disney might someday revisit this license. After all, they only took 25 years to realize that people still like "Tron".
    One of the few PIXAR movies that I actually like. Ive actually wondered where they would take the story if they did a sequel. Besides, Elastagirl was pretty hot

Rocketeer II - Another forgotten Disney film and one of the better adventures to come along. Great comic book flick and the setting of 1930's Los Angeles only enhanced the fun. The ending left things wide-the-hell-open for a follow up that was promptly left out in the cold.
    One of my favorite movies when I was a kid! I actually watched this last weekend and I never get tired of it. I fear though that if a sequel was made, it would succumb to the CGI eye-gouging of todays hollywood

Star Wars, Episodes 7-9 (The Thrawn Trilogy) - Before I proceed any further on this concept, it bears repeating.....LUCAS KEEPS HIS MITTS OFF THIS ONE. This series of books was written by someone else anyway, and the author's appreciation for the franchise shone thru with every page. Three books written as direct sequels to the events of the forgettable Return of the Jedi followed the remnants of the Empire being led by a brilliant military tactician who allies with a fallen Jedi to take on The New Republic. Awesome set of stories that made thorough and brillant use of the characters we know and created some great new ones as well....especially the heavy, Grand Admiral Thrawn. There might still be time to get the original actors on board to do this....but given Ford's well documented disdain for the Han Solo character, I wouldn't wait up.
    Lets do the Thrawn, New Jedi Order, Yuuzhan Vong, Killiks, and basically everything POST ROTJ as one big sequel! Im gettin a chub just thinkin about that haha.
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post
    Big Lebowski 2- Dude gets a new rug.
    I'm there man.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Last Online

12.08.17 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Twister 2. Bill Paxton said him and the guy that played Preacher talked about it earlier this year, but nothing further has been said of it. Still my all time favorite movie.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 09:43 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snostorm View Post
    Twister......... Still my all time favorite movie.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.13.16 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

Twister 2.
    Wow. I was seven years old when the first one came out. I remember that one song that went "shine on, shine on" was stuck in my head for days after.

IF they do a new one, they better not abuse the CGI. Most of the effects in Twister aren't that great (the looks of the tornadoes, the lightning that sounded like lightsabers hitting one another, etc.)...

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Also - would love to see follow up's to 'Big Trouble in Little China' and 'The Thing' ...both staring Kurt Russel - just as god intended.
    Can I get an AMEN to that?
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.22.16 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts

I would love to see a Tango and Cash 2.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:18 PM
    Liked 18,048 Times in 8,919 Posts

Twister 2. Bill Paxton said him and the guy that played Preacher talked about it earlier this year, but nothing further has been said of it. Still my all time favorite movie.
    Are you kidding me? Please tell me you are kidding.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:18 PM
    Liked 18,048 Times in 8,919 Posts

Incredibles 2 - absolutely - would love to see it.

Star Wars - Episodes 7 - 9 - as long as George has nothing to do with it.

Indy 5 - nah - played out to me.

Star Trek - nah - I like the new cast.

Making the Grade? - never even heard of it.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!