Page 207 of 208 FirstFirst ... 107157197204205206207208 LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3112
    Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

02.18.19 @ 02:29 PM
    Liked 911 Times in 504 Posts

I'm looking forward to the mid-season finale. I'm hopeful they finally unveil the whisperers. The trailer on Talking Dead looked good.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

That was a satisfying mid-season finale. I thought the introductions of the Whisperers was solid -and just as creepy as I'd hoped.

SPOILERS AHEAD

I'm fine w/ Jesus dying here - his character was boring to me. I like Neegan being out in the wild again - so should prove to me an interesting turn.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

02.18.19 @ 03:21 PM
    Liked 259 Times in 169 Posts

Ditto on Jesus..I liked his character in the beginning, but yeah it was time. I thought Rosita was going to be the one to go, I know she gets it in the comic.
    It was a good episode, a lot of story lines for the 2nd half. I'm interested in what happened with Michonne and the hilltop. And the new group I'm not sure about, they sure came out of nowhere in that cemetery scene with the whisperers
    Dealing with it.

Eruption
    Last Online

02.14.19 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 1,007 Times in 348 Posts

Tom Payne didn’t seem to be bothered by it on the Talking Dead. He acted like he was ready to go due to frustration? Jesus was a cool character in the comics...too bad. Looks like we’ll be seeing a lot of Ben this season...meh

At least little Rickie was finally acknowledged by another person. I guess Michonne isn’t crazy after all...or is she? Ha-Ha!

Last Online

11.27.18 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 55 Times in 28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LAD-1972 View Post
    Tom Payne didnít seem to be bothered by it on the Talking Dead. He acted like he was ready to go due to frustration?
    I didn't get that vibe at all, I just saw him as happy to have contributed and died in style.

My thinking is that Michonne blames Maggie for Rick's death. If Maggie hadn't gone off and tried her little vendetta against Negan, Rick never would have had to chase after her and gotten into the situation in the first place.

Still don't know what all the X-shaped branding scars are all about yet, if I recall correctly, Michonne wasn't the only one to have one.

The tension between the characters is done really well. They love/miss each other but things just aren't the same for reasons we will learn later.

I was almost certain that when Negan opened the door, that he was going to pick up his ball and go back into his cell in order to show just how broken he'd become.

And what is it w/ Fr. Gabriel never seemingly able to close doors?? He left the main gate open in Alexandria, now he leaves Negan's cell open!

I think the previews of Negan going through Alexandria are him looking for his bat. I don't think he harbors any malicious intent towards anyone in Alexandria. In fact, I think he's grown to love Judith and even respect others, but we'll see.

Angela Kang, keep up the good work! I can't really recall any poorly written scenes so far this season which fuckhead Gimple would have done. I haven't seen any contrived acting, stupid choices made by characters, or anything like that.

I'm also digging the new characters... I'm personally rooting for that bad-ass tattoo chick to be Daryl's girl.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

02.17.19 @ 12:29 PM
    Liked 2,804 Times in 1,751 Posts

Premium Member

Tom Payne gave an interview to Hollywood Reporter where he said he was glad to leave because it had been 2 years of frustration and disappointment as his character was not developed as it was in the comic. He said he continued to train behind the scenes hoping that someday he would get the opportunity to be the combatant he thought he signed on to play.

He said that Angela Kang was quite surprised that he was not disappointed to be leaving but that he only asked that he could go out in the style Jesus would have gone out in, and that made it even more disappointing to play the scenes knowing that is what he should have been doing all along

This character might be the biggest disappointment of the comic to series transfer. I have read some of the storylines from the comic, and this could have been/should have been EPIC. I had hoped Kang was going to take it that way and as I watched this episode I got really pumped for what this character might bring. And this episode was really moody and atmospheric. We learned about "RJ" and that some serious shit had to have gone down in these past 6 years to splinter the group, Negen is OUT !!!! and the whisperers..there was a lot going on in this episode.

then....... I literally threw a pillow at the screen and walked out of the room. I returned hoping that we'd see Jesus the escape artist get up and find he had been wearing armor. but when Tom Payne showed up on Talking dead and they did his memoriam, well , now I'm pissed all over again.

They also announced that the last time we saw Maggie is basically going to be the last time we see Maggie. There is no reason whatsoever for Maggie to rejoin this shshow. They didn't really know how to writer for her anyway. But they would just kill off Tara....hell she can even die of dysentery off screen for all I care,

Eruption
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    This character might be the biggest disappointment of the comic to series transfer. I have read some of the storylines from the comic, and this could have been/should have been EPIC.
    EXACTLY! If I were Tom Payne, I think I wouldíve been a little miffed as well!

I think the worst TV character is Negan. Nothing against JDM as an actor but his physical presence is no where near the comic book character. But my main issue is that the writers have made him more of a cutup than the intimidating character that was feared in the comics. I think Steven Ogg (Simon) played a better Negan than JDM.

Last Online

11.27.18 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 55 Times in 28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LAD-1972 View Post
    EXACTLY! If I were Tom Payne, I think I wouldíve been a little miffed as well!

I think the worst TV character is Negan. Nothing against JDM as an actor but his physical presence is no where near the comic book character. But my main issue is that the writers have made him more of a cutup than the intimidating character that was feared in the comics. I think Steven Ogg (Simon) played a better Negan than JDM.
    LGBTQ community is up in arms because TWD keeps killing off gay characters.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

02.18.19 @ 03:19 PM
    Liked 4,114 Times in 2,466 Posts

You can't have 9 million characters and do justice to each. One of the many mistakes made by those behind the show. The comic should've been condensed and characters combined. They'd be in a much better position.

10. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Eruption
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Mister T. View Post
    LGBTQ community is up in arms because TWD keeps killing off gay characters.
    Ha-Ha! Lucky for them that Magnaís group showed up with a fresh supply!

IDK...Jesus was part of the Whisperer war which is right around the corner. At least let him finish that arc before getting the hook. Itís just another character that was never fully developed that met a season break death. This smells like a Gimple move via Kang.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

02.17.19 @ 09:20 AM
    Liked 2,019 Times in 1,102 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Anyone else watching tonight?
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

02.18.19 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 23,781 Times in 12,001 Posts

Premium Member

Didn't even know it was on.

Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

I'd give it a 7/10...Whisperers stuff was really good, other elements dragged. A couple of neat likes in there 'no swearing, I'm a kid asshole' had me laughing. I'm still going to watch.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

The Whisperers stuff was good, the two guys at the end had to be freaked out..I'm assuming one of them gets killed. And Rosita sure gets around.lol
    I'ts not this same without Rick, but I'll keep watching, wth else is on Sunday night
    Dealing with it.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Didn't even know it was on.

I've always thought it was weird folks that don't watch a show sort of ridiculing those that do..you aren't required to watch it or follow the thread
    Dealing with it.